Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
RetinA applied to the neck?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I use prescribed RetinA cream and it did wonders for me. Then skin on my neck is very, very thin, but I don't know if it is safe to use RetinA on the neck?

If not, why not? If so, what strategy should I use to introduce RetinA?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Retin A can be used on the neck, but the neck can be very sensitive for both Retin A and peels, so it might be good to start off with a weaker strength for a few times a week and work up to doing it every other night etc over a few months. The neck may react right away, or it may not - either way it will be working deep down.
Skincare wrote:
I use prescribed RetinA cream and it did wonders for me. Then skin on my neck is very, very thin, but I don't know if it is safe to use RetinA on the neck?

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks MaryTheresa,

My neck is normal to dry but as I age, clearly you can tell the neck is showing my true age.

Kate Sommerville just released a neck cream and it is sold here. I have no idea it that can help also.
I have read in NewBeauty magazine that Chantecaille has the weekest strength of RetinA, but over priced. Maybe I need to get that one as an introduction to my neck.
What do you think?
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

Try applying moisturizer immediately after retin-a. I also would only apply ra every other day (but continue to moisturize) until your skin becomes used to it, then go every day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:20 am      Reply with quote
My neck is shocking - absolutely shocking. Everything I apply to my face also gets applied to my neck - but even Retin-A hasn't improved it. I also like to do Lactic Acid Peels but I find the acid sinks into my red neck rings and makes them even redder. I've tried PRP Therapy and even the doctor thought that my neck looked worse after it! However, I'm due for another treatment next week.

If I didn't live in a hot and humid climate I'd just resort to wearing scarfs life Candice Bergen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
It is funny you would say that. When I used chemical treatments like BHA, I the "rings" get red and tender. It also looks older. I've only applied vitamin C, lotion and sunscreen. But I can tell that I should take extra care of my neck, but I don't know what else to do.

Thanks Keliu for sharing that. I am glad that I am not the only one. BTW, I have applied RetinA once or twice and my skin got more dry and tender look. Confused
I don't even apply perfume on my neck, just to help protect my skin from any irritation.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
It is funny you would say that. When I used chemical treatments like BHA, I the "rings" get red and tender. It also looks older. I've only applied vitamin C, lotion and sunscreen. But I can tell that I should take extra care of my neck, but I don't know what else to do.

Thanks Keliu for sharing that. I am glad that I am not the only one. BTW, I have applied RetinA once or twice and my skin got more dry and tender look. Confused
I don't even apply perfume on my neck, just to help protect my skin from any irritation.

I'm thinking I should give up on all aggressive treatments on the neck and just use nourishing creams.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Skincare wrote:

I'm thinking I should give up on all aggressive treatments on the neck and just use nourishing creams.

I know what you mean! I just wanted to take it one step further and do all that I can to prevent.

Maybe someone else have similar experience and share what they are doing.
clare77
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have ver sensitive skin, and I do use tretinoin cream for anti-aging. My approach is to treat my neck and my hands just the way I treat my face, so I do also apply tretinoin cream on my neck and the backs of my hands. If you had trouble acclimating to it on your face, gradually build up to regular use or buffer as needed.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:23 am      Reply with quote
My neck is super sensitive, too. Tried Retin A, it made my neck red, raw and itchy. ITCHY! Finally over time with slowly adding products, I am now able to use Retin A and have added Vitamin C serum to my neck. I even did a Jessner's/TCA peel on my neck a few weeks ago. My neck rings faded considerably and looked a bit better. I need a neck lift, don't know how much the peels, Vit C, and Retin A will help with the lift though Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Skincare wrote:

I have to agree with you, Keliu and Skincare. Obagi was recommended for me - my neck and chest ended up totally scarred. (Fortunately, years later, it has tamed down but remains "shiney")
I have returned to RetinA Micro on my face. Whenever I get over zealous and apply it below my chin & jaw I end up with patches and the rings on my neck get angry and red. I always moisturize immediately after (or sometimes before) but always. It's just really sensitive.
For a while I used quality products (lots of different serums, etc - Valmont, Cellcosmet, Darphin, more, more, more.........) and everything looked good. Alas, I was younger, too - but that's what I'm going to go back to doing. Moisturizing, applying facial masks and my stretches Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have pale golden skin that tans....have applied .1% RA to my neck with no problems.
grhawk
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
maggielovesnola wrote:
My neck is super sensitive, too. Tried Retin A, it made my neck red, raw and itchy. ITCHY! Finally over time with slowly adding products, I am now able to use Retin A and have added Vitamin C serum to my neck. I even did a Jessner's/TCA peel on my neck a few weeks ago. My neck rings faded considerably and looked a bit better. I need a neck lift, don't know how much the peels, Vit C, and Retin A will help with the lift though Sad

I have recently started putting retin a on my neck. The exact same thing. Itchy, very itchy and red. I even tried the .01 and it was still red and itchy. I guess i will have to work up real slowly. Greg
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have always applied my RA to neck area. No probs. Definite firming the skin and reducing my chicken neck. I don't know if I will see further improvement with continued use -- I just increased to .05% strength.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have been putting Retin-A on my neck for years but with weaker strength of the product. I usually blends it with my neck creme for night use. It really helps make your neck years younger. But of course, when you use the Retin-A, make sure that you also use SPF for sun protection...

I've used Retin-A on my neck but with minimum concentration as the neck area is somewhat thinner. What I do is mix this with my favourite cream i.e. 3:1 (cream:RetinA ratio) and it works for me.

With this concentration 3:1, you can apply it every day, AT NIGHT. Please note that do not apply during the day. Retin-A is applied at night-time only....

BTW, don't forget to use a sunscreen of at least 30 SPF on your face and neck before you head out the door.... at least 30 minutes prior.

Skincare wrote:

LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I have no idea what to do with my neck. Its all dotted, like its not clean or something. Its firm and there are no rings to speak of, but its no where near being smooth and clear.

I started using my microfibre, but found it could easily be too harsh and cause burns, especially near my clavicle. Same when I tried asperin masks & fruit peels. I've been using vit c (though that seems to burn at times too), and I started using tretinoin just a month or two ago on neck & decollage but haven't seen much difference so far.

The dots make me think that they're blackheads, so it makes me want to "clean" them, but I don't think they are? There doesn't seem to be anything you can extract like facial blackheads. Its also hard to use a mask or peel on the neck - you kind of have to lie down and stretch your neck out for the duration of it. What a hassle. Sad

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
I found Retin-A is slightly too strong on my neck; therefore I put Matrixyl 3000 concentrate on my neck instead.
Marilyn33

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Okay, here's the thing. I'm a chemist (grad degree in organic chemistry) and I was a make up artist before that. So I really watch product and ingredients and read medical papers before I do prescription strength. I use the strongest available retina with salicylic acid mixed in (my dermatologist has it formulated) and for a few days my neck will look AWFUL (just like my face did when I used it there) because skin that's ready to peel looks dry and old. Once it peels it looks amazing and more and more so every time. Actually, only about 4% of our skin care naturally penetrates so
I use micro needling (a home roller before applying anything) it's amazing. My neck is my 'project' this year and I'm doing before and afters on my blog.
StellaDiva
5% products discount

Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I used Retin-A on my neck. I always make sure my skin is completely dry before applying to minimize irritation. If you're neck is sensitive, you don't have to apply it every night as you might on your face.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Marilyn33 wrote:
Actually, only about 4% of our skin care naturally penetrates so
I use micro needling (a home roller before applying anything) it's amazing. My neck is my 'project' this year and I'm doing before and afters on my blog.

Hi Marilyn33, can you give us the blog site? I would love to see your pictures. I am trying to work on my neck also. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

Hi Marilyn33, can you give us the blog site? I would love to see your pictures. I am trying to work on my neck also. Thanks.

Ditto. Would love to know what your blog is!
Marilyn33

Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
but it's beauty laser expert dot com
I would love to see your projects too please! Post on my site if you don't have your own. Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Marilyn33 wrote:
I would love to see your projects too please! Post on my site if you don't have your own. Smile

Thanks. I checked your blog out. I must say you are brave. I would never roll in Retin A or Hydroquinone! Curious if you plan to stick with this product for a long time or not? If so, be careful, as I have heard bad things about long term use of hydrocortisone.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Marilyn33 wrote:

Thanks. I checked your blog out. I must say you are brave. I would never roll in Retin A or Hydroquinone! Curious if you plan to stick with this product for a long time or not? If so, be careful, as I have heard bad things about long term use of hydrocortisone.

Hi Rileygirl, can you post a link or pm me the web address. I tried to find it but couldn't. Maybe I'm putting it in wrong. Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Here you go, Cookie!

http://beautylaserexpert.com/
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |