Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Scar Tissue
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
A bit random but just thought I'd ask if anyone had any miracle tips for breaking up scar tissue other than steroid injections which never really fully resolved it for me.
Basically it's a surgical scar that has left a lump/knot under the skin. It's old now- little over 10 years.
I do know Rosehip/Rosa Mosqueta oil is touted to help with this over time and though I've tried it intermittently I'll admit to not having been religious enough with it long term or with consistency.I am thinking I'll give it another go.

Any advice,old folk remedies, magic spells would all be mucho appreciated! Wink

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
havana8

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I know some have had success with copper peptides and the dermaroller or derma stamper. Also Helichrysum alone or in combination with rosehip oil is supposed to be useful in reducing scar tissue. Smile
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
I know some have had success with copper peptides and the dermaroller or derma stamper. Also Helichrysum alone or in combination with rosehip oil is supposed to be useful in reducing scar tissue. Smile

I'm thinking the dermastamper and copper peptides may be better for acne scarring?
I'm looking at an very old and tight post surgical scar.I have just read some good stuff about that Helichrysum and also Sage oil. Maybe I'll do a mix with rosehip-will probably take months for results though :/ Wish there were a quicker fix but those are always risky and unnatural!
Thanks for that info Smile

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Scar tissue is very tough to break up, but - with diligence, could probably be treated with a single needle like the one from owndoc.com. I've even read about using acids with the needle to get down deep to break up scar tissue.

A lot of these treatments have been done by people on the Skin Biology forum and, even though they have been dealing with acne scars or chicken pox scars, you might find some success trying their methods.

I would go on that board for some advice and support, though. They are very helpful in that regard.

Using copper peptides along with a strong method to break up the scar should help the tissue to grow back normally - scar-free. That's the fame behind CPs. With a surgical scar, you shouldn't expect miracles, but you might see a definite softening of the tissue.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have had good luck with dermastamping and copper peptides for a 30 year old surgical scar. After about 4 cycles of this, it is about half as noticeable. I'm wondering whether giving it a really serious needling with a single needle, applying cps, and then covering with one of those newskin bandages would help the area replace the scar tissue with normal tissue. I know that those bandages have worked like magic with abrasions I got once. It took a long time for them to heal, but they healed without scars.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:11 am      Reply with quote
oh thanks so much for your replies-I didn't actually get a notification for them so missed them completely.
Unfortunately for me scar is on my lip (long story! ;/) so don't know what I could handle there!! I've read the single needle is better for serious scars so maybe just poking in there a few times would work then adding peptides?.(yikes)
Is that basically how it goes then and then apply the copper peptides afterwords??
I do use a dermaroller but not tried or read up on needling much...

I was hoping those oils would work but I imagine it could take ages for modest results.Everything is so exaggerated on the web because I got the impression the Helichrysum, Sage and Rosehip oils were excellent for scars as bad as keloids..(which I don't have)

foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
The lips are a real pain (really) to needle as those of us that have tried to get rid of upper lip lines can attest to. OUCH!

If your scar if there, then get some topical numbing cream and a single needle along w/ the copper peptides. Those 3 would work best to break up the scar tissue and help it to heal without scarring.

The numbing cream is what will help you do the job, as the lip area hurts most with needling. YOu can also try some ice there before needling. But the lips are very sensitive, so it will take one of these to numb it before needling it.

You can use your oils, but I don't think they do much besides moisturize the tissue to help them heal. They don't work like CPs do at remodeling the skin scar-free. You can use them on top of the CPs probably, though.

Find some single needles that are perfect for the job atwww.owndoc.com They're relatively inexpensive. Find the CPs at Skin Biology.

When you needle scar tissue - try to needle only once every 4 weeks or so. You then use the CPs right afterwards, and also on a daily basis. Use the strongest CP (SC2X) for scar tissue and just spot treat with it - it's VERY strong. In between the needling sessions, apply a topical exfoliant to help remove the damaged tissue like an AHA or BHA. Skin Bio sells some of those, but you can find some just about anywhere. Use the CPs once or twice a day on the scar and the AHA/BHA once or twice (spot treating). Needle once a month.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
The lips are a real pain (really) to needle as those of us that have tried to get rid of upper lip lines can attest to. OUCH!

If your scar if there, then get some topical numbing cream and a single needle along w/ the copper peptides. Those 3 would work best to break up the scar tissue and help it to heal without scarring.

The numbing cream is what will help you do the job, as the lip area hurts most with needling. YOu can also try some ice there before needling. But the lips are very sensitive, so it will take one of these to numb it before needling it.

You can use your oils, but I don't think they do much besides moisturize the tissue to help them heal. They don't work like CPs do at remodeling the skin scar-free. You can use them on top of the CPs probably, though.

Find some single needles that are perfect for the job atwww.owndoc.com They're relatively inexpensive. Find the CPs at Skin Biology.

When you needle scar tissue - try to needle only once every 4 weeks or so. You then use the CPs right afterwards, and also on a daily basis. Use the strongest CP (SC2X) for scar tissue and just spot treat with it - it's VERY strong. In between the needling sessions, apply a topical exfoliant to help remove the damaged tissue like an AHA or BHA. Skin Bio sells some of those, but you can find some just about anywhere. Use the CPs once or twice a day on the scar and the AHA/BHA once or twice (spot treating). Needle once a month.

HTH

thanks so much for all that Foxe- so kind of you. I will start making plans...Smile

Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:08 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

HTH

Hi Foxe -sorry,me again- just a quick question.
I was doing research based on your advice and came across this tip on the Skin Biology site and was wondering if you could confirm based on your recommendation of applying it right away?:
"do not apply the copper peptides until the wound has scabbed over and is no longer open or oozing liquid."
Also that SC 2X is bit too expensive for me at the moment($80 cheapest one)-would that be my only option or would just basic CP's work too?
I'd like to try copper peptides to help tighten the skin on my neck but I gather you need the AHA's too not just the serum?

System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |