Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Why is 30 considered old?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoftsEndz
5% products discount

Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Why?

Even a few years before 30, ppl are considered not young anymore
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
SoftsEndz, I hear what u r saying... It seems ppl feel that when a girl past 25 (mid 20's), it's not as young anymore. Cuz to be honest, for most and in general, the late 20's or 30's don't look as youthful or lively or nice compared to those that're from late teens to early 20's. I'm not saying everyone are but just the majority of it I found. Also, even if the late 20's or 30's look good, makeup is often used to cover or enhance themselves. They rarely look hot or pretty bare faced I should say.

I'm not trying to offend anyone here... Of course there's always exception. It's just from my personal experience and frds... I'm 29 btw and I feel that I can't just roll out of bed and throw on watever and be presentable. I need to do the routine skincare, makeup, fix my hair, and wear something that's appropriate for my age. But when u r younger, u can pretty much get away with certain makeup styles or clothes. Sad
SoftsEndz
5% products discount

Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Stardusty, I've seen a lot of young people with pretty bad skin, acne, hyperpigmentation. I've always had hyperpigmentation, and dark circles around my eyes since I was a pre teen and got teased because of it. When I discovered makeup at 16, and started wearing concealer it helped my appearance

i just hate that 30 is seen as old when not everybody who is young is actually pretty. at least where i live
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
yes I do agree that many young ppl have very bad skin in comparison to myself. I'm not sure where u r from but I know in Asia, girls that're past 30 are considered old and middle aged although they might look better than the younger 20's.

I'm the same as you SoftsEndz, I have dark circles even in high school. It's pretty much genetic. I never really wear makeup until my early 20's as I see how makeup can do wonders and make a person look as if they have good skin when indeed they don't. I also feel makeup enhance my appearance too and I feel more confident with it on. I am lucky that I look young for my age. Many ppl guess I'm still in my early 20's. I have to admit that I look young if my circles are covered. So yeh eye circles really make a huge difference in how old a person looks.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
SoftsEndz wrote:
Why?

Well part of it is that people go through a lot of rite of passage stuff in their late 20s... the idea being that by the time you get to 30 you're more or less a grown adult.

For women PMS and fertility issues start in the late 20s/early 30s. I got out of the sun and started doing an anti inflammatory diet in my 30s, but I noticed skin changes in my late 20s. Not a big deal really--- the really big changes hit in the late 30s, through the 40s and in to menopause. If you take care of your skin and read up on perimenopause stuff you should be fine. I'm saying this because my changes started in my early 30s which according to books I've read is normal.
SoftsEndz
5% products discount

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
SoftsEndz wrote:
Why?

Well part of it is that people go through a lot of rite of passage stuff in their late 20s... the idea being that by the time you get to 30 you're more or less a grown adult.

For women PMS and fertility issues start in the late 20s/early 30s. I got out of the sun and started doing an anti inflammatory diet in my 30s, but I noticed skin changes in my late 20s. Not a big deal really--- the really big changes hit in the late 30s, through the 40s and in to menopause. If you take care of your skin and read up on perimenopause stuff you should be fine. I'm saying this because my changes started in my early 30s which according to books I've read is normal.

Does retin A and vitamin C really help to prevent these skin changes?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
If you think 30 is old - what are you going to think when you're 60! For goodness sake! Get on with enjoying and living your life - there's still allot of living to do before you end up in a nappy with dementia!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
If you think 30 is old - what are you going to think when you're 60! For goodness sake! Get on with enjoying and living your life - there's still allot of living to do before you end up in a nappy with dementia!

Omg -Keliu you are soooo right ,I was beautiful outside when I was in my 20 , but really really attractive |I started to be after 35 when I realized who I am Smile and I started to be confident ...I do recognized that my biggest cry was on my 30 Bdady at 40 I felt that life just began,,curious to see what I feel at 50 but not really looking forward Embarassed
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Who says that people at 30 are old? People in their 20's?? Believe me when I say don't worry about it now....because by the time you hit 40, you wont give one rats arse what young people consider old Laughing ...Actually, studies say that women are most "beautiful" in their early mid thirties...but we all have beauty at every age and every stage.

I'm 40 and get taken up to 15 years younger than I am on a frequent basis...I've never had anyone guess anywhere close to my real age. I've even had a few people think I'm as young as 23 which I think is a flippin hoot considering that would make my son about 3 years younger than me....I think they may need glasses, but I will take it with a smile Wink

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
SoftsEndz wrote:
Why?

gretchen, wat exactly is perimenopause? And what can I do to either delay or help with menopause?
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Female after 25, their female hormones start to decrease slowly, collagen, elastsin ... and cell regeneration decrease; oil production also changes; therefore people may find their routine previous skincare products are no long effective / may have negative effect. The skin is not well absorb the ingredients from the products and building up on the surfuce, clog the pores. ....

Yes, people skin tone and skin texture really see a difference !!
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:33 am      Reply with quote
30... Old? First I've heard of that!

IMO "old" is a state of mind.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:14 am      Reply with quote
If 30 is ols, then I am ancient history!

It is true that from 25 and up, we get problems with PMS and stuff like that.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
This is interesting given that I really don't remember feeling all too attractive until around 30.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
It depends on your culture. In America and Europe, 30 isn't considered old. We have plenty of beautiful, young looking 40+ celebrities to show us how to look good. If anything, I think many women over 40 look better than twenty-somethings who are clueless and obese. Why do you think men in their twenties want older women? They can have sex with a younger woman, but the older women are better in bed, look better and aren't as nutty. Bad Grin

I was very happy when I turned 30 because I knew people would finally take me seriously instead of thinking I was "just a kid."
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:04 am      Reply with quote
I can't remember where I saw that study and what exactly it entailed, but I remember a collage of several pictures of one woman (supposedly enhanced by age progression) and people were asked to pick which photo of the woman was most attractive and the majority picked the 35ish year old face. I'm sure there was more behind the study that just the collage...I know my face took on a fairly noticeable change in shape as I neared 35, it became less round and more angular as I lost my "cheeky" look and dropped a bit of weight. I actually loved the way I looked as I got older and my confidence level has boosted too. But I did go through a period (right before I turned 37) where I started to notice actual "aging" changes and my confidence level plummeted...that was a fairly tough period and it was around that time I discovered EDS and started taking my skin seriously. Now at 40, I think I'm looking better than ever and my confidence level is back...

You're definitely right SoftSkin...the young men really do seem to appreciate us "older" women... Laughing I get hit on by those 20 somethings on a constant basis, which is funny and appreciated at the same time...

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:11 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:

You're definitely right SoftSkin...the young men really do seem to appreciate us "older" women... Laughing I get hit on by those 20 somethings on a constant basis, which is funny and appreciated at the same time...

Yet men our own age and older think we are too old for them. Of course, younger women just think they are dirty old men!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:15 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
bren21 wrote:

Yet men our own age and older think we are too old for them. Of course, younger women just think they are dirty old men!

Argh!!! No kidding! I wish I could find someone at least within a few years of my age.... Laughing But no dice....being single isn't all that bad though, it has its perks Very Happy

SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:04 am      Reply with quote
If you use the dating websites you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. If you don't lie about your age and post a current photo where you look younger, you probably won't even come up in a search for men to see that you look younger than your calendar age. If you lie about your age but post a current photo, you are called a liar if they find out. I lie because the odds of a relationship working out are not that good anyway. If it does work out, a real man won't care how old I am as long as I look good and he's attracted to me.

Of course, don't get me started on men posting old photos of themselves. I'd rather have a man look like his photo and lie about his age than the reverse. I'll be sleeping with his body and not his birth certificate (if he's lucky, that is).
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Haha people my age think anyone over the age of 30 are the same kind of "old"
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:22 am      Reply with quote
talyta wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Omg -Keliu you are soooo right ,I was beautiful outside when I was in my 20 , but really really attractive |I started to be after 35 when I realized who I am Smile and I started to be confident ...I do recognized that my biggest cry was on my 30 Bdady at 40 I felt that life just began,,curious to see what I feel at 50 but not really looking forward Embarassed

I really agree. When I first read "30 is old", it was OMG? I will be 50 next month. I was much happier in my 30's than 20's.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Amen! I was much happier in my 30's than 20's as well...in fact, when my 30th b-day was looming on the horizon I was all for it! Now my 40th a few months ago, not so much. I was a bit freakish about it up until the day hit me because I really did love my 30's and hated to see them go...now I'm perfectly a-ok with the 4 attached to my age.

Softskin...don't even get me started on that online dating stuff Rolling Eyes

Besides the whole 20 year old picture thingy, my personal favorite is when guys lie about their height...I had one guy pull a 5'10 online, I knew something was amiss when we met and I could almost look him in the eye....I'm 5'4" Confused

Needless to say, that date ended rather quickly and was the straw that broke the online dating scenes back, along with the fact he was highly skilled at air guitaring to Hannah Montana Laughing

Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

That is pretty good advice Smile
I'm 34 and do not look my age at all~!

What I really hate is how if you are single like me you get so many people asking "when will you have kids"??
I'm single right now...so this is the most annoying thing to hear every week.
Even many of my friends now have kids and are in their early 30's and they do not know everything of my personal life and still ask me when I'm having kids.

Maybe if anyone else asks me that I will just ask them when they will lose weight and some other lame personal question they do not want to answer....

I will actually be happy to be older and still alive!
I almost died last year from a bad injury...so being alive is good!
Divine Diva
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

That is pretty good advice Smile
I'm 34 and do not look my age at all~!

What I really hate is how if you are single like me you get so many people asking "when will you have kids"??
I'm single right now...so this is the most annoying thing to hear every week.
Even many of my friends now have kids and are in their early 30's and they do not know everything of my personal life and still ask me when I'm having kids.

Maybe if anyone else asks me that I will just ask them when they will lose weight and some other lame personal question they do not want to answer....

I will actually be happy to be older and still alive!
I almost died last year from a bad injury...so being alive is good!

That's quite funny, as I'm 35 and still get those comments, however I just pretend that I don't hear them as I have more important things to worry about.
Well as they say "your only as old as the woman you feel" or should that be man ha,ha,ha Bad Grin Wink

Glad your ok now OS and that you didn't die. That's kind of scary. Shock
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:49 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
If you use the dating websites you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. If you don't lie about your age and post a current photo where you look younger, you probably won't even come up in a search for men to see that you look younger than your calendar age. If you lie about your age but post a current photo, you are called a liar if they find out. I lie because the odds of a relationship working out are not that good anyway. If it does work out, a real man won't care how old I am as long as I look good and he's attracted to me.

Of course, don't get me started on men posting old photos of themselves. I'd rather have a man look like his photo and lie about his age than the reverse. I'll be sleeping with his body and not his birth certificate (if he's lucky, that is).

Lol,
when I did attempt online dating I didn't have too many guys lie to me.
The ones I did meet were actually pretty honest!
One guy actually turned out to be a guy who taught my sister kickboxing and was doing MMA stuff and he worked in the same building as me...that was just odd.
Also met a hockey anouncer guy, a local politician (who was really annoying)....

I think I'm better off meeting guys at the grocery store or something??
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |