Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Rem Spring facial hair remover
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I never post reviews.

But this one needs a post.

Back in the day (pre-kids) I used to get my upper lip threaded. Loved it, cleaner than waxing, and no bumps or over-exfoliated skin. Fast forward to a house full o' little ones and I turned to waxing at home. I've waxed for about 9 years now. I've had various friends try to learn me some threading, but I've never been able to pick it up.

But on a whim I picked up this handy gadget (I only posted this link as it doesn't seem to be on sale here at EDS, mods, if it starts to be carried here, please let me know so I can change the link!)

Holy smooth lip batman! I use this beauty every 3 days or so. It can get really short hairs so by using it every 3 days, I have a perfectly smooth lip all of the time--no waiting for it to be long enough to wax. It does pinch a bit more than waxing, but doing it so often makes the pinching minimal... and there is no skin irritation because it doesn't touch the skin... so no having to arrange waxing around my retin A use anymore!

I did wax before I used it the first time. Firstly, because I remember how having a full lip threading felt and secondly to get the learning curve. It probably took 5 uses for me to be proficient. It wasn't hard in any way to learn, but it was more like try, try, oh that's it... try, try, got one... try, try, yes! And then my brain just figured out how to duplicate the successful passes, if that makes sense. Now I just do a few quick passes, literally a minute or two every evening. After washing but before cream (you don't want the cream to make the hair slippery or gunk up the spring)

I just can't imagine not owning this little guy...
havana8

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing, UmEnis! I was wondering about possible skin irritation but now that you've mentioned not getting any with it, I've just ordered one for myself. Hope I love it as much as you do! Smile
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh, I haven't logged on in the longest!

I actually am not even using it every night anymore. I've gotten more used to the pinching and just do it every few days. I just love it! I hope it works out for you as well as it did for me.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I just got this thing about a week ago and I have to say it is great. It is for peach fuzz around your face, upper lip, chin etc. I wouldn't use it to do your eyebrows because I think it would be too easy to lose part of your brow but for other areas it's great. All it is is a tight spring with little metal ends on each side. You bend it to form a C shape and twist the ends the same direction while you put the spring against your face. The directions say to make a U shape but for me it works better with a C shape. You go in all different directions and it pulls the hair out as you twist the spring. It does hurt a little bit at first. Especially the first time because you have the most hair but it gets really easy to do once you get the hang of it. There are a lot of reviews on Amazon and people talk about how to use it. So if you have a hard time understanding the directions you can look there.
I bought mine off Amazon for $12.99. There are other brands that are cheaper but I'm not sure if they work as good because this is the only one that I have tried.
www.remspring.com

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |