Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Postinflammatory Hyperpigmentation in Butt Area
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
quickguide90012
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone. I didn't take care of myself many years ago. I'm male and in my mid 20s. At the moment, i have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation on my butt area. My dermatologist told me this is what i have. The thing is i also had a pilonidal cyst that i had minor surgery for last year. I also currently have anal fissure and have this for at least 4 years. I have the hyperpigmentation for 4 years at least already.

I was given hydroquinone 6 percent and it burned my skin and made it red. It just made my buttocks more red. I had broken skin because of the burning and stopped the hydroquinone. My dermatologist tells me to either use hydroquinone after the redness leaves and it would take at least 3 months before i see any changes. Of course i used it for 3 months and it did nothing. He told me my other option was to have Nd: YAG Laser surgery which cuts some skin off. However, he tells me the percentage is not that high for it though but it would not make it much worst than it is for me. He also told me i need to take care of my anal fissure first because that might be the root of the problem and that doing these procedures won't work because the anal fissure would irritate it. However, another dermatologist tells me the anal fissure is not related to the skin discoloration.

Does anyone know what i should do? I'm male with Asian skin and feeling very upset now because of this. My butt is still very discolored. I used this product called Alpha Hydrox Souffle 12 percent on my face for my red marks and hyperpigmentation and right now i don't have that much marks anymore on my face. I also used this on my buttocks and it didn't seem to work.

I also bought NCN Lemon Peel Biofermentation that was recommended to me by someone but that does not work either though i heard tons of people here say it works for hyperpigmention. I guess it works in the face and not the buttocks area?

I really don't know because i feel like i have no other options now because the post inflammatory hyperpigmentation on my buttcheeks is very embarrassing and disgusting looking. It looks like a big inflammation and discoloration.

Anyone know what i can do? The only other thing i can think of is some glycolic acid peel 35 percent i see online but is that too much? The dermatologist i see tell me don't worry about it because its on my buttocks but it is just extremely discolored.

The other choices i hear are kojic acid, neostrata lightening skin gel that contains 2 percent hydroquinone and papaya soap.
Divine Diva
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi quickguide90012,

I did find some reading material that you may find beneficial in different remedies for this problem.

http://www.brownskin.net/hyperpigmentation.html

http://www.skintherapyletter.com/download/stl_11_9.pdf

I do think certain types of peels could be beneficial for this type of problem if your not seeing results from other remedies that you have tried. Just take caution and do your homework first to be on the safe side.
You can also buy peel solutions that are targeted to the skin on the body, as the skin on our face is a little different to this area.
If I come across any other info I will be sure to post back with it.
Good luck and I hope you find something in the articles that can benefit you.

Smile
quickguide90012
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
thanks. Anyone else can help?
freckles00
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
i had a ton of hyperpigmentation in my face due to PIH as well. I tried hydroquinone 4% for about a month but it didn't do much to fade my hyperpigmentation Crying or Very sad

i am currently undergoing toning laser therapy. It's expensive but after 5 sessions, my hyperpigmentions are DRASTICALLY lighter.
amanda19
5% products discount

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I believe you would need something very strong to attempt to fade this discoloration. The skin on our face is a little bit different than that on the rest of our body; so I am not sure if a product intended for faces would work for the butt. I know products specifcally made for the neck/decollatage area...
quickguide90012
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
i bought some glycolic peel 35 percent and i should receive it next week. You think that might work?
Divine Diva
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
quickguide90012 wrote:
i bought some glycolic peel 35 percent and i should receive it next week. You think that might work?

I would just be careful and would suggest doing a patch test first just to see how your skin reacts to this percentage and peel.
It's better to be on the safe side, as was mentioned by amanda19 and myself, the skin is a little different in this region than our face and you wouldn't want to end up with burns etc.
Just take extreme care and do let us know how you get on. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |