Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
When you naturally just look older than what you are
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoftsEndz
5% products discount

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am 25, going on 26 and today someone told me that I look very mature. Like I am around 31 years old

The thing is that I've been told this since I was 18 years old. Someone told me that I looked 30 then

Now that I am almost 26 I've been told that I look 31 years old..what is the extra year for?

It pretty much ruined my day. And how old I look has always been an insecurity of mine since the first time I've been told this when I was 18.

Also I've been told a few times that I look younger than what I am. So I don't know what to believe or whether all the efforts I use to keep myself looking young is worth it. Aging is just a biological process that is going to happen whether you can fight it or not

Or maybe it's just my bone structure, and my body type that makes me look mature...

I'm very insecure about this especially since I am still in college and see girls who are 19 and look it too. When I do turn 30 how old will I look then? 35-40?

i am considering getting fat injected into my face since I don't have much which makes my face look mature
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hey SoftsEndz, look is just superficial. I'm not against anyone that's going for plastic surgery or have anything to do with their face cosmetically. But at 25/26, I think it's kinda young to have cosmetic procedures to be done on your face as it's a long-term process. But if you think you have the extra $$$ for it and it makes u happy, then u can go for it.

I understand what you mean when some ppl think u look a lot older that what u actually are. That must sucks! hhm maybe u can dress younger or change your hair style? Eat a healthy diet to gain some weight? Smile
SoftsEndz
5% products discount

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
It's not my weight. No matter what size I am or how I dress I have had some ppl tell me that I looked to be around 30 yrs old

I dont know if its my body type or bone structure.

I dont drink, smoke or stay out in the sun either.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I think it has to do with facial features and bone structure.

There is someone famous who looks six years older then me, but we are the same age. Her skin is beautiful & poreless. She is extremely thin, but muscular. I think muscular women look older. Look at Angelina Jolie. How old does she look? Her skin is perfect. Her features are perfect, but she is muscular. Don't you think?
SoftsEndz
5% products discount

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
can someone change their facial features to make it look younger?
butterfliesandflowers
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Ah softendz, it sounds like that person was being quite rude. As you say you've had other people comment you look young 4 your age so try to concentrate on that.I would say please only go down the c/surgery route if it's something you feel you need not because of someone elses opinion.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe it's your attitude. You sound like you're more serious than the average twenty-something. Start having some fun!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Softsends - My first impression is to say "thank you". How refreshing to read someone say they think they acually look older. It gets a little old how everyone says they look 10 or 20 years younger than their age.
Honestly - I've never seen anyone look 20 years younger than their age or probably even 10. Most of the time what they look is good or even great for their age so people who aren't good at judging age think they look younger. Some people look bad for their age - tired, wrinkled, more beat up.
Seriously - you'll probably just grow into your looks and be fine. I would not consider surgery. Some people's structure improves for them with age. Take care of your skin - sunscreen, exercise, good nutrition. Feel joy!

And about musculature I don't think that makes you look older at all... I think letting oneself go makes you look older - as in excess weight - a big paunch, sags and bags.
Muscles to my mind are actually youthful.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I think it is possible you will look younger (or at least your age) when you are older. I am serious. I know a (German) journalist from TV who looked older than she was at 35. Now she is over 50 but looks more or less the same.
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Chiqui65.

I have a friend who always looked older, she looked GREAT, very attractive, but older than she was. I think it was her bone structure.

She didn't keep getting older looking, as she got older she just "grew into" her features. Now I'd say she looks a little younger than she is.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Funny, I'm the exact opposite.. everyone says I look younger than I actually am and it gets really annoying. But then I guess not many people actually look their age these days =/
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:00 am      Reply with quote
When I was a teenager, I was frequently taken for 25--and I think it had to do with how maturely I behaved.

So you've "aged" 1 year in the last 7... At this rate, you'll look 34 when you're actually 47!

Seriously, if you just take good care of yourself and take the usual anti-aging precautions (sunscreen, Retin A, Vit C), you'll look about the same for years, maybe decades, to come.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Until I turned 30 I was told that I looked older than I really was. After 30, everyone thinks I am 3-4 years younger.

Sometimes people think you look older because of the way you speak or dress or present yourself. As long as your skin and health is in good condition, nothing to worry about!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:13 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Hey SoftsEndz, look is just superficial. I'm not against anyone that's going for plastic surgery or have anything to do with their face cosmetically. But at 25/26, I think it's kinda young to have cosmetic procedures to be done on your face as it's a long-term process. But if you think you have the extra $$$ for it and it makes u happy, then u can go for it.

I understand what you mean when some ppl think u look a lot older that what u actually are. That must sucks! hhm maybe u can dress younger or change your hair style? Eat a healthy diet to gain some weight? Smile

I think it is ok for 20 year olds to get cosmetic surgery if they really want.
If you have the money or can borrow it I think it is ok.

I know a few people who have had work on their noses done and are quite happy.

My sister waited 15 years to get a nose job done..she is 32 now and much happier now.

I finally decided to get Invisalign braces this year at 34..wish I did that much sooner!
I have to pay as I go along $400 every month,even though I don't have the extra money...my credit card rate is very low to borrow
SoftsEndz
5% products discount

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I am going to consider getting juviderm to make my cheeks look much fuller. I looked at photos of me from high school and I never had much fat in my cheek area. I have high cheek bones and maybe that makes me look more mature than what I am.

My major concern is looking older and older as I get up in age. It really hurts that I look 30 before I am even that age, feel as though my youth has been taken away from me. Some people do say I look young but the ones who say I look older just get to me much more. I just hate how people always want to know somebody's age, just why does it matter? And to tell a woman she looks older is wrong guess some people just dont care
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SoftEndz,

do that if it makes you feel better.
Although I think a lot of women would kill for high cheekbones ...

And I wouldn't worry too much about what other people say or think. Why don't you come up with a lippy answer for cases when people tell you you look older (arm yourself!) Very Happy
SoftsEndz
5% products discount

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I think it will make me feel much better and less self conscious about how old I look. I already made an appointment for a consultation today for juvederm. I just want to make my cheeks fuller and have a bit more fat in my face. Not too much.

last night I was crying alot after that comment was made. Now everytime I look in the mirror i think i see an old woman. I was even comparing my face to teenagers trying to see what makes them look young

Quote:
Why don't you come up with a lippy answer for cases when people tell you you look older (arm yourself!)

lol Laughing Ive already been working on that. Ppl can be so rude
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
SoftsEndz wrote:
I think it will make me feel much better and less self conscious about how old I look. I already made an appointment for a consultation today for juvederm. I just want to make my cheeks fuller and have a bit more fat in my face. Not too much.

last night I was crying alot after that comment was made. Now everytime I look in the mirror i think i see an old woman. I was even comparing my face to teenagers trying to see what makes them look young

Quote:
Why don't you come up with a lippy answer for cases when people tell you you look older (arm yourself!)

lol Laughing Ive already been working on that. Ppl can be so rude

aaaww SoftsEndz, don't cry just cuz of some rude comment Sad hhm do they mean you look mature/ sophisticated or just old? I found there's a difference between the two. You can be both young and sophisticated instead of looking like a kid if you get what I mean? hhm but anyways, do whatever makes you happy then even if it means having cosmetic surgery's debts Very Happy
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
Stardustdy wrote:

I think it is ok for 20 year olds to get cosmetic surgery if they really want.
If you have the money or can borrow it I think it is ok.

I know a few people who have had work on their noses done and are quite happy.

My sister waited 15 years to get a nose job done..she is 32 now and much happier now.

I finally decided to get Invisalign braces this year at 34..wish I did that much sooner!
I have to pay as I go along $400 every month,even though I don't have the extra money...my credit card rate is very low to borrow

OttawaShopper, plastic surgery is fine I guess in your 20's as it's a one-time thing but what I'm trying to say is cosmetic surgery. Because cosmetic surgery is an ongoing thing, and you have to maintain it till 30 years or more down the road. Those procedures are often costly. So if you don't mind about having debts on surgeries and stuff, then by all means go for it. But for myself, I would rather save those money on a fancy car or down payment for a condo LOL Very Happy But of course, everyone's preference is different...
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
People are so rude sometimes.

All I can say is, that in my teens/early 20s I often got mistaken for 26/late 20s and at the time I was rather hurt by it. (I definitely didn't act older Very Happy !).

Now I'm 39, I'm apparently still around 28-30 by people's estimates, so I'm not doing too badly.

And, I saw pictures of my sister last night (she's 38 ) in her 20s. She didn't think much of herself then but she looked bright-eyed, slim, lithe and pretty. At the time neither of us thought we were great beauties.

I'm willing to bet you look nicer than you think you do. We're very critical of ourselves. Do the odd little tweak if it makes you feel more confident, but I'd shy away from major alterations while you're still youthful.

At the time I thought 26 was ancient..it really isn't!!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
SoftsEndz
5% products discount

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Well, the guy told me I was very beuatiful just that I looked older than what I was. He said I had a very mature look to me. I take mature as looking old Crying or Very sad I'm not even sure what 30/31 should look like...but I've heard it before, even when I was 18.

I plan on starting a raw food diet, I heard that looking and maintaining a youthful look should be internal as well as external. I just hope it's not too late for me at 26.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:30 am      Reply with quote
When people ask your age just say "Why do you want to know?" Usually that will throw them off guard and then they will be in the uncomfortable position.

I know you are having a difficult time dealing with the comments about your appearance and age. But, please let your emotions settle down before you make any decisions about having cosmetic procedures done.
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:33 am      Reply with quote
SoftsEndz wrote:
Well, the guy told me I was very beuatiful

Why don't you listen to that part? Aren't you a little obsessed with this age thing? Would you rather look ugly but younger than you are?
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:30 am      Reply with quote
SoftsEndz wrote:
Well, the guy told me I was very beuatiful just that I looked older than what I was. He said I had a very mature look to me. I take mature as looking old Crying or Very sad I'm not even sure what 30/31 should look like...but I've heard it before, even when I was 18.

I plan on starting a raw food diet, I heard that looking and maintaining a youthful look should be internal as well as external. I just hope it's not too late for me at 26.

SoftEndz,

I have a question for you. Why are you so sure that looking 30/31/mature = looking bad?

The fellow said you were beautiful. Take it and run. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I wouldn't mind one bit if someone called me old but beautiful! And it's probably just the vibe that you're giving off, not your looks Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |