Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Sothys Intense Lip Care Smoothing Lip Enhancer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:11 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this for about a week now and quite like it. It's not like a normal lip balm, it looks more like a moisturiser than anything else. In actual fact, it has the texture of a moisturising lotion. It's got a very faint nice smell and leaves my lips very smooth. I don't have any lines around the lip area so I can't comment on the effectiveness of this in terms of lines, but I like the silky smooth effect that it has on the lips. I also get the impression that my lip liner lasts longer.

The description on it says:

"Anti-ageing care for lips and lip contour. Protects, smoothes, and plumps lips. Favors the long-lasting effect of lipstick".

I would agree with the fact that it smoothes, but I can't say that I have noticed any major plumping. Then again I don't think this is actually a plumping cream, at least not like the plumping creams that are being advertised nowadays (i.e. that plump lips no matter what (and often via irritation)). Perhaps if you had full lips at some stage and no longer do (as a normal course of aging), then this might help. But if you're young and your lips are full then I don't think you're going to see any major plumping from this.

Also, it would be nice if this had SPF.... As it is I have to apply this, then a lip balm with SPF and then lip liner, gloss etc

Mabsy

ps. I have just recently bought Fresh Pout from CSRx (couldn't pass up the free shipping) and will report on that in a few weeks also.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I got my Sothys Lip Enhancer on Tuesday, so I've only been using it for a couple of days and have no real results to post as of yet. However I wanted to make one quick observation: the first time I applied it, I was a little put-off by the scent and taste (yeah, I know you're not supposed to eat it, but since you're putting it on your lips, its inevitable that you might inadvertently get a little taste of it!) because I'm used to using lip products that have no taste or smell. After the initial application, my nose and/or taste buds seem to have adjusted because it no longer bothers me. And if it smooths out my lips the way it did for Winnie, then I surely won't hold a little bit of fragrance against it!!

The other thing that was disconcerting about the Sothys was the lack of real directions on how to use it. I can't recall the instructions verbatim, but it basically said "Apply via a light massage, then follow with the serum and cream." Huh?? WHAT serum and cream? Does Sothys make additional lip products, or do they mean I should follow the Lip Enhancer with my regular lip-care "maintenance" routine? Winnie, Mabsy -- how do you use it? How long do you massage it in? Just till its absorbed (a few seconds), or would it enhance the effectiveness if I massaged my lips for a couple of minutes (a la that Ebay "Swellips" stuff)?? Any guidance/advice is appreciated!

TIA,
Carrie
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
To be honest Carrie I briefly read the instructions. Perhaps they mean to apply the other Sothy's for the face after. As far as I know that is it for the lips. When I put on the cream I like to put it on after I wash my face and just let it sink into my lips. I try to apply right before I go to bed. By doing this I don't tend to eat or drink anything. Hopefully this way the cream won't come off by eating or drinking.
Mabsy

Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I think that the cream is for the "lip area" rather than just exclusively the lips - or at least that's the impression that I was under for some reason. Therefore, I'm assuming that when they refer to using the cream and serum they're talking about it after the application of the lip treatment around the lip area (for wrinkles).

I just massage a little bit on my lips and pat in whatever remains around the lip area. I don't mind the smell and have not noticed any weird taste (but will pay attention when I use it next). Will let you know!
Mabsy

Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Ok, just used it and purposfully licked my lips after - it tastes a bit soapy. I actually have not noticed this before until I tried it just then. I tend to use it in the morning and put lipstick or gloss right over it so I guess it creates a barrier and you just can't taste it.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Well, I've given this six weeks to work, but I'm not seeing any results whatsoever. I bought this in the hopes it would help smooth out the lines on the surface of my lips to enhance the plumping effect I got from taking the Hyaluronic Acid supplements, but the lines are still there. This stuff is pretty good as a "primer" for lip balm or lipstick/gloss, but definitely not worth the $60USD I paid for it. I got the same result for a (much larger) $14USD jar of "MaxiLip" serum from my local Target store. I'll continue using this until its gone but I won't be repurchasing it. Next time, I wanted to try that "Lip Solution" system but when I emailed their customer service dept for more info, I never got any response which makes me leery of actually placing an order with them. Anyhoo...it's on to the next miracle lip product for me!

Carrie
System
Automatic Message
Thu May 02, 2024 6:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |