Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What type of skin is Obagi for?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
So I've been seeing multiple topics about how great Obagi is. I've tried posting in those topics before, but it doesn't seem like anyone's answering my newbie questions lol, so I'll try here. Is it for more mature skin or can it be used for acneic/combination skin in the 20s? What is so great about it exactly?
dianew
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
hi there

I'm only on day 9 of Obagi so am a newbie too, but from what I've read it's best for rejuvenating over 30s skin, & clearing hyperpigmentation issues

The retin-a on it's own is good for acne as far as I know - I don't know if you'd need the whole kit (& it's fairly pricey)but I'm sure someone more experienced will be able to give you better info Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Oasis,
Obagi has several different kits that address a variety of skin needs. They do have one called Clenziderm for acneic skin. I personally haven't used this one.

My own experience is with the Nuderm program. I think it's great for people whose skin has suffered a fair amount of sun damage resulting in freckles, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone. People who have melasma have also shared some of their success stories.

The purpose of the Nuderm program is to "train" your skin to act as it did in younger days. Plus, it addresses the issues that come along with sun damage.

It's a tough program and definitely not for the faint of heart! It's smart to do your research.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
A co-worker was interested in Obagi but her dermatologist told her she couldn't recommend it.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
@kims

Hmm could you tell me more about it? Like what exactly sets it apart from everything else? Do they use a different technology or special ingredients? Sorry, I would research but I really don't know where to begin :P
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Sorry, I would research but I really don't know where to begin :P

The best place to find out about it is on Obagi's website. Even though a lot of people do this on their own, it is really recommended that you go to a derm who can assess your skin and tell you which, if any, of the Obagi products are right for you.

http://www.obagi.com/Homepage.aspx
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
So I've been seeing multiple topics about how great Obagi is. I've tried posting in those topics before, but it doesn't seem like anyone's answering my newbie questions lol, so I'll try here. Is it for more mature skin or can it be used for acneic/combination skin in the 20s? What is so great about it exactly?

Obagi is an anti aging regimen for people over 30. The system is based on retinoids, peels, hydroquionone and something I think called the "blender". You can do Retin-a & TCA peels and get a similar result I think. Very Happy
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
oasisjc wrote:
Sorry, I would research but I really don't know where to begin :P

The best place to find out about it is on Obagi's website. Even though a lot of people do this on their own, it is really recommended that you go to a derm who can assess your skin and tell you which, if any, of the Obagi products are right for you.

http://www.obagi.com/Homepage.aspx

Oh ok, so it's not really for people to just trial and error then. Well they just came out with a line for acne, and the science behind seems pretty promising
amanda19
5% products discount

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Obagi can treat all kinds of skin conditions. The Nu Derm program is really an intense skin resurfacing...It is much more expensive than the Clenziderm line. It may be worth to try the Clenziderm line and if you dont see the results you desire than step up to the Nu Derm line...
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I think Obagi is good at whiting.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:13 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:

Oh ok, so it's not really for people to just trial and error then. Well they just came out with a line for acne, and the science behind seems pretty promising

Exactly. It is not for people to just use 1 of the products along with other lines. It is a complete set and you really do need the entire line to produce the results. You also need to be willing to be dry, flaky, red, and generally not look too good for about 18 weeks, and then you need to be willing to stay on a maintenance program!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |