Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Hi — Help with dehydrated skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Starbright
5% products discount

Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and came looking for a little help please. I have searched for some answers, but not found anything that totally helps.
I am finding that my skin is really dehydrated lately causing a lot of little lines on the top of my cheeks. My skin isn't dry just seems shrivelled.

I use a dermalogica cleanser and moisturizer. I also use retin a at night and am now on my 5th month. I have also been using some copper peptides, but they don't seem to be helping much. I drink a lot of water and eat loads of fruit. Can anyone suggest a good product to help with the hydration please.

Thank you very much
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like you just need to find a good moisturizer. Have you tried any oils?
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Star. Try Elizabeth Grant serums for 24 hr hydration. They are superb!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Which dermalogica moisturizer are you using? If it's active moist, then it won't hydrate your face very well.. If you want to stick with dermalogica, you can try the skin hydrating booster. It didn't work for me, personally (and I'm not sure if it's because I bought it off eBay or not) but it might work for you. YOu can also try Kiehl's midnight recovery concentrate.. it has some great reviews on MUA albeit not that many
CindiLou
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Jurlique Moisture Replenishing Day Cream. I put it on at night too. I apply a few drops of Trilogy Rosehip Oil first, to damp skin, massage in, then apply the Jurlique cream. Makes it easier to spread.
This is the only moisturiser that actually helps my very dehydrated skin.
And of course drink at least 2 L of water daily.
Starbright
5% products discount

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I am using Skin smoothing cream by Dermalogica, but although I don't have any dry patches, it is still dehydrated. I have used the skin hydrating masque as well, but I think I may have outgrown the Dermalogica now.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
You need to gently exfoliate the flakes away so your moisturizer will sink in better. A Clarisonic of microfiber cloth should help:

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Starbright wrote:
I am using Skin smoothing cream by Dermalogica, but although I don't have any dry patches, it is still dehydrated. I have used the skin hydrating masque as well, but I think I may have outgrown the Dermalogica now.

Skin smoothing cream is actually the middle one. There's one that's more hydrating which is the intensive moisture balance. I've used that one before for certain patches of dry skin and I found it to work really well. I don't think the skin hydrating masque did much for me though
amanda19
5% products discount

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I agree with the above post. Regular exfoliation (1-2 times per week) along with a moisturizer that works well with your skin will be great for you. Depends on the type of skin you have; may take a bit of trial and error to find the right moisturizer for you...
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
the Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Hyaluronic Serum is very hydrating,

u can then use the sweet red rose whip moisturizer.

[url]http://www.essentialdayspa.com/eminence-serums-m_515_529.htm

[/url]http://www.essentialdayspa.com/eminence-sweet-red-rose-w-p_6838.htm
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:32 am      Reply with quote
You could try to use Academie Paris Hypo-Sensible Soothing and Refreshing Treatment I very like it.
Starbright
5% products discount

Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:03 am      Reply with quote
amanda19 wrote:
Yes, I agree with the above post. Regular exfoliation (1-2 times per week) along with a moisturizer that works well with your skin will be great for you. Depends on the type of skin you have; may take a bit of trial and error to find the right moisturizer for you...

thanks to everyone for your help. I do exfoliate frequently and use retin a every day. My skin isn't flaky at all just feels as it's geting tight and more lines appearing suddenly.
Over the years I have tried a lot of moisturizers, but now my skin is changing, seem to need something different. I will have a look at all the suggestions and see which one seems promising.

I have also been thinking of active fx laser, but am not sure how to find a good practitioner in uk.
Thanks again
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Vitamin B lotion-light from Probio AU. Vitamin B

here is some detail info:

Ideal for all skin types, ProBio Vitamin B Lotion contains Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), to rejuvenate and strengthen the skin.

Both the Vitamin B Light Lotion and the Vitamin B Vital Lotion are beneficial for a broad range of skin concerns such as dehydration, acne, redness, pigmentation and dull, lifeless skin.

Recommended for irritated skin, Vitamin B Lotion is one of the products in our skin care, which is beneficial for pre and post clinical treatments and those recovering from the effects of chemotherapy.

ProBio Vitamin B Light Lotion contains Olive Squalene, Honey, Vitamin E, Lactic Acid, & pure essences of Rose, Lavender & Bergamot - hydrating, calming, antibacterial, healing, uplifting, clarifying.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
you can put the Strawberry HA serum from Eminence, then apply the Vitamin B3 lotion-light. These combination is supersuper good

the B3 lotion also contain very little squalene too, that will be balance out your water and oil content on skin

=)
clare77
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I have chronically dry/dehydrated looking skin myself, and what has really solved the problem for me lately is to use a serum or lotion containing high quality hyaluronic acid before applying my regular moisturizer over this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
clare77 wrote:
Hi I have chronically dry/dehydrated looking skin myself, and what has really solved the problem for me lately is to use a serum or lotion containing high quality hyaluronic acid before applying my regular moisturizer over this.

Do you have any product recommendations?
Starbright
5% products discount

Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:06 am      Reply with quote
I think I will look into the Bio vitamin B lotions and also the strawberry HA. I hope it;s available in UK. I really want to try all the options with creams before I look at the more intrusive treatments. I will let you all know how it goes.

Thank you
clare77
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
[i]Do you have any product recommendations?

Yes! Try the Pure HA serum from GOW. I love this a lot. It seals in moisture, and doesn't create product balling when apply my SS and m/u over it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:51 am      Reply with quote
My skin used to be just as yours is a few years ago...it seemed "dehydrated" rather than just plain dry and no matter what I put on it, it just seemed to sit there and do nothing. Every damn thing I tried to clean my face with made it tight and feel like crap and no amount of moisture seemed to work.
It was then suggested to me to use a basic gentle cleanser with the proper PH level (I didn't know squat about PH levels and dry skin at the time!) and I stared washing with Phisoderm...which did wonders for my face. Around that same time, I had learned about another product called Remergent Barrier Repair...this product is now discontinued, which is unfortunate, because it really turned my skin around and helped repair that moisture barrier on my skin that I had inadvertently compromised with my lack of skincare knowledge and products I was using on my face. I really do believe it actually did what it said it would do as my face eventually returned to a more normal state after using the Remergent for several months. That was a while ago....and to this day, although my skin is still considered dry/normal, it is not dehydrated like it used to be it is now just "dry" and responds well to topical moisturizers.

It is possible that some remaining bottles of Remergent barrier repair are still available on Ebay....and last time I looked about a year ago it was very cheap. Not sure if it is still available or even whether the expiration dates are still ok...but it's worth a shot.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
hi Starbright,

the bioVitamin B should be called Piobio Vitamin B lotion - light and the

Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Hyaluronic Serum (30 ml / 1 oz) $46.00 CAD you can found in EDS
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:45 am      Reply with quote
I can completely empathize with having dehydrated skin. What has really worked for me was making a homemade niacinamide (B6) toner. There are a few studies out there stating that niacinamide helps to improve skin barrier function. The B vitamin lotion that was recommended earlier probably would work in the same way.

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
Starbright
5% products discount

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:10 am      Reply with quote
queenielau718 wrote:
hi Starbright,

the bioVitamin B should be called Piobio Vitamin B lotion - light and the

Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Hyaluronic Serum (30 ml / 1 oz) $46.00 CAD you can found in EDS

Hi Queenie, I have sent for the Eminence serum but cannot find a supplier over here for the Probio Vitamin B. Have you any ideas, or does anyone know a good alternative available in UK please. Very Happy
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Starbright - it sounds like you are overly drying your skin with use of copper peptides and retin a nightly.
I used retin a nightly for about 8 months.....the first five months were great but after that dehydration kicked in leaving me with more pronounced lines.
I took a couple of months off everything. Just washed with warm water and used jojoba oil.
I then used retin a every other night and if it looks dehydrated, back off for a couple of days. This gives much better results.
Starbright
5% products discount

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have stopped using the copper peptides for a while and was wondering if I could add something to my moisturizer, maybe some vitamin C. I will look for a supplier of ingredients in UK and have a look. perhaps my skin was a little stresed. Thanks
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I will buy this.

queenielau718 wrote:

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |