Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: RMS beauty "un" cover-up concealer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
RMS beauty "un" cover-up concealer

This is a great product that can be used as a concealer or a light foundation. I'm on my third jar of it so needless to say, it works for me. Smile I tend to be excema-prone and so cannot use most foundations without running into trouble so, first and foremost, I like that this is a healthy and benign option for my skin. I also like how little you need to "coverup" areas you may want covered up and how it looks like my skin but better. At $36 USD, it appears to be a bit spendy. However, one pot used almost every day seems to last me an entire year which makes it quite economical.

As I am fair/light complected, colour 11 works well for me. I generally apply with clean fingers or sometimes with a foundation brush although I think the fingers approach gives the most natural finish. Either way, it is very forgiving and does not need to be set with powder although occasionally I do follow with a light dusting of mineral powder.

I do not use this product in the undereye area so I can't say how it would perform there. However, for the rest of my face, it works very well both as a light concealer or a light foundation. If you are looking for heavy duty coverage, I don't think this would give you that although I have to confess that I have not tried layering it.

Packaging: .20 oz / 5.67g round frosted glass pot · use within 12 months after opening

Texture: creamy without being too heavy, dry or chalky

Ingredients as listed on my jar: *Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (non-GMO), *Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499]
*Certified Organic

http://rmsbeauty.com/

Highly recommend! Will definitely repurchase (again).

/5
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Havana,

I can only concur - I like this product quite a bit too. It is also fantastic under the eyes, and I sometimes use it as an eyeshadow - I have visible blood vessels on the upper lid, and always have to cover it. I do set it with light dusting of organic mineral makeup - once I am done it is just perfect; but starts to crease way too soon. Just wish they would come-up with a neutral all over eye shadow that would stay.

Their lip-to-cheek is fantastic as well.

HTH

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Oh sigma, a girl after my own heart! Wink I have a few of the lip-to-cheeks that I love also. Have you tried the lunar eye shadow? It reminds me of a cross between concealer 11 and the living luminizer. In fact, I accidentally tried using it as concealer a few weeks back before I realized I had picked up the wrong pot! Embarassed
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes, that was one of my 1st orders.
It is too sheer on me, I really really liked it, but it does not cover enough for me.

I have another eye shadow, "magnetic" that I love quite a bit. And so far only one lip2cheek "Illusive", which is absolutely fantastic as a blush, but a bit too dark as a lipstick, so I might get another one. I also hope they will come-up with some kind of healthy eye liner, oh well, one can dream...

Which ones do you use and like?

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:49 am      Reply with quote
The lip2cheeks I have are Smile and Modest. They're quite wearable and nice to alternate with my IQ Beauty Faceglows. I like that they also do double duty as lip color although sometimes I am not sure that Modest is the best as a lip colour for me.

I've been wondering about magnetic. Is it a sort of aubergine colour in person? auberginey brown? Do you find it as sheer as the Lunar?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've been meaning to try this product so after I saw havana's review I thought I would go for it. I got it in shade 11. This is a great product, I use it under my eyes and it provides great coverage. I think I like it better than the Cle de Peau concealer.

I bought mine fromwww.spiritbeautylounge.com and for some reason they sent me a sample of the RMS concealer in #11 (they send lots of samples), which is the product I ordered. So I thought I would give the sample to someone else so they can try it. I will send the sample to the first person who PMs me with their name and address. Please only if you live in the U.S. It will only cost one first class stamp to mail within the U.S.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Havana,

"Magnetic" is a not as sheer as "lunar". On me lunar has no color, covers nothing, but adds glow. Having small blood vessels on my eyelids makes them darker and uneven, adding glow is not what is needed to better the look.

"Magnetic" is a gorgeous color - auberginey brown would be a good description. I have hazel eyes and it looks good on me, it is not light, and I use it to make kind of smokey eyes (eyeliner and "magnetic" instead of smudging). As an all over the top lid I use the "un-coverup". I also like it so much more then Cle de Peau (or many other concealers, I have accumulated the drawer full of them), and that is the one I use and carry with me.

Just wish it would not crease and stay on the whole day.

I just ordered a few more from them - another lip2cheek and a darkest eye shadow that they recommend as an eye liner. Will let everyone know how it works out.

What is IQ Beauty Faceglows? What do you use and like?

Thanks.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Glad it works for you too, Jom. Smile

Sigma, do you think that Magnetic would work as a liner? It sounds as if it would complement my eye colour. Can't wait to hear how you make out with the new "stuff".

Faceglows are IQ Beauty's version of blush. I wrote about the IQ Beauty Palette here a while back: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33128&highlight=beauty I'm sure it doesn't fall into the natural category although I still love tbe palette and a few of the faceglows.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I ordered this yesterday. Smile I've been on a quest for the right concealer for ages here and I really like how this is natural too. The Luminizer is out of stock till mid-April though but I pre-ordered that as well.

P.S. I also tried Cle de Peau and it was a "no-go" with me. Was the most $ I ever spent on a concealer too.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Can't wait to hear what you think, WhiteWolf. Wouldn't it be great if they sent you a sample of the Living Luminizer at the same time? Wink Love that product also.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Havana,

sorry for taking so long to reply (was and still am a bit under the weather with a cold).

I think "magnetic" would work quite well as a liner. I usually use very dark colors for eye lining - and had tried "seduce" - it worked quite well for my hazel eyes. "Magnetic" is just a tiny bit lighter but should make a very nice eye liner. Surprisingly the staying power was not bad at all - and I line both top and bottom.

Just wish the concealer would stay on my eye lids. I always have to cover the upper eyelids, and color-wise it would have been perfect. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Also wanted to mention that as a foundation it is fantastic - very natural, but even out the skin (I lightly set it with mineral powder); sort of "your skin just better". Lips2cheeks are excellent natural looking blushes.

HTH

Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, sigma! I was wondering about their staying power too so that's great that you find it isn't too bad. Sounds like I may have to get this. Wink

When you say the concealer doesn't stay on your lids, is it because your eyelids are oily or because your lids "eat" the concealer? If it's the latter, I wonder if a primer might help? Time2Bme recently mentioned that she liked the Exuberance Silicone Free Primer which looks to be fairly natural: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=41374

p.s. hope you are feeling better Smile
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I would not say that my eye lids are oily. It just creases on me in a short while.

This primer looks wonderful, so definitely worth a try. Just placed an order and will let you know how and if it works out.

Let me know how it works out "magnetic".

All the best!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, so I got this and it's like nothing else I've ever tried. I definitely no longer have to slather greasy undereye creams now which is a blessing. It blends in just fine, matches good but sometimes I wish it was a wee bit tad lighter (I'm super fair) but all in all...it's a keeper. Smile Will come in handy on mornings I'm in a super duper rush now, since I don't need to slather on creams worried about caking, whew!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
I got the primer, which is lovely.
Unfortunately, it does not help with the problem.

Now I am at a loss - color-wise it is perfect on my eyelids, just a natural healthy youthful skin color; but it creases within an hour. If I try to correct it it disappears from the eyelids. Nothing seem to help - not the primer, nor the powder.

I just so wish it would work for me...

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, Sigma. That's great to know that the primer is lovely but disappointing that it didn't help with the creasing. Confused Hmmm... have you ever tried skindinavia's makeup finishing spray? I'm not sure how natural it is but it's supposed to stop "creasing, clumping, melting, caking, meltdown and excess shine." Might be worth a try.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |