Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Organic products for fading old acne marks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Luna_Mae

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
What are the best organic products to help fade old acne marks and acne-related redness on EXTREMELY fair, sensitive skin?

The marks are not severe (they are completely flat and just slightly red), however, since I am so fair they are still very noticeable.

(They are located on my chin and the sides of my cheeks.)

I need something gentle, yet effective, that won't dry out or irritate my sensitive skin...

I am looking for organic products in particular, **without** : parabens, alcohol, mineral oil, dioxane, petroleum, paraffins, fragrance or urea.

It seems nearly impossible to find anything this organic that may actually work! Sad

I am open to any suggestions!

Thanks!!!

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have a similar problem on my back and also some old acne scars on my face and a few years ago I read about how the combination of yeast and lemon juice removes acne marks...even old ones which can be very very stubborn!

Before that I had tried all kinds of scrubs and nothing helped. Once I started using the yeast+lemon juice mixture, I did it pretty consistently and noticed a marked improvement right away...after a while I stopped the treatment and a few weeks later noticed that my marks were completely gone!

I couldn't wear anything open back before and now it's as if those marks were never there!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I can't find anything that is organic but could fade out the old scar !!

I am using a product called
ProBio Skin - AHA Exfoliating Serum
All ingredients are natural

From AU

Formulated with natural botanical Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) lactic acid and malic acid,citric acid, glycolic, liquid Vitamin C, Olive Squalene, Rosehip Oil, this serum is designed to significantly improve skin texture. It gently removes dead surface cells, reduces discolouration, decongests skin and effectively treats mild to moderate acne. ProBio AHA Exfoliating Serum also enhances the penetration of active ingredients in your skin routine - such as ProBio Vitamin Serums, Olive Squalene Serum & Lightening Systems.

ProBio AHA Exfoliating Serum has been formulated to:
Significantly improve skin texture
Remove dead surface cells
Reduce discolouration and excess pigmentation
Decongest skin and improve acne
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:37 am      Reply with quote
So pure Rose hip seed oil might work, because it has Vitamins A and C. But if that's not strong enough to give you the results you want, then you might want to move to standard Vit A and C products (Retin A, La Roche-Posay Active C, Skinceuticals CE Ferulic, etc.)

AHAs are certainly another possibility, and perhaps the Paula's Choice Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment with 5% AHA would be suitable: http://www.paulaschoice.com/product/resist-daily-smoothing-treatment-with-five-percent-aha/

Exactly how sensitive is your skin? Like what products have you had bad reactions to?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Lemon juice is said to be able to fade old acne marks, but it is definitely not as potent as purified glycolic acid. What exactly happens when those ingredients make contact with your face? It seems like a very specific condition
Luna_Mae

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for all your suggestions. Most of the products I have tried are typically drug store items (like Neutrogena). Specifically their masks and peels I've tried (followed the directions exactly) and they left my skin very red for days.

So before I spend a lot of money on something (that is of higher quality) I just want to make sure I don't have a bad reaction to it.

The other products I currently am using are Neutrogena Deep Clean and the Proactiv refining mask (that I just dab on my chin which is the main place I get any new breakouts). These have never bothered my skin. But as far as the old marks around my chin and cheeks, nothing has worked.

I am trying to switch ALL of my skin products to strictly organic. I will be purchasing some sample cleansers and moisturizers by Miessence soon, but as far as more of a spot treatment on these old marks and redness, that is still a challenge (as there are SO many diff products out there) and I'm aiming for the most natural organic products possible.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've also tried regular Vitamin E oil, almond oil and Avalon Organics Vitamin C serum, and while neither of these irritated my skin they did nothing for the marks either.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Mandelic Acid (esp. by Vivant) had done wonders for me and Dr. Alkaitis skin care line (organic and of very high quality imho).

HTH

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |