Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Did I do the TCA peel correctly??!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
vienna_h
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I bought a 15% TCA peel online and attempted to give myself a chemical peel. Im 24, treating for larger pores, uneven skin tone, blackheads, and a couple icepick scars.

I followed the instructions: I've been prepping my skin with home microdermabrasion and 10% glycolic toner.

I applied the TCA 15% with a cotton pad over my problem areas in one layer. I felt minor burning but no frosting and washed it off after 90 seconds. My skin barely felt tighter. So the next day I did a second layer, swiping a few times over my cheeks (my biggest problem area). After 2 minutes very minor burning and still no frosting. I didn;t want to risk it so i washed it off. For the first hour my cheeks looked a bit sunburnt but then quickly returned to normal. My skin looked like it had a thin wrinkly layer of ELmer's glue for about 4 days then it started to peel. The skin underneath looked perfectly normal. Not pink or sensitive and no improvement, except maybe the icepick scars are less deep.

These were not the results I was expecting considering what Ive been reading. Shouldn't my face have gotten much redder and for longer? I was presentable within an hour, I had no problem going out on dates without make-up! And shouldnt I have gotten frosting? Does this mean my peel wasnt strong enough? When should I do another peel and what should I do differently to get better results? I also have a Jessner's, should I do the Jessner first?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Frosting doesn't always occur. You can apply a 2nd layer (right on top of the 1st) to the areas that don't frost if you skin can handle it.

Results are cumulative from peels so you likely wont have big results from 1 peel.

What did you do to prep your skin just before your peel?

Try emailing the company you purchased your peel from and see what their thoughts are.
vienna_h
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Anyone ever order from "idealskincare" off of ebay???? They say "medical grade"... think its not good quality????

To prep my skin i've been trying to exfoliate as much as possible, using a home microdermabrasion kit every other day (Olay) and drenching my skin in 10% glycolic acid toner (DDF), for over 2 weeks. Should I have dont something else?

I will say that although my skin doesnt look much different, it is alot softer, and im noticing that my 2.5% BP cleanser (DDF) is way more effective. My skin is so resistant to exfoliation but this seems to have made it much more responsive. So i guess thats a sign that something must of happened!
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
No-ones skin is resistant to exfoliation. Acid peels are superficial, if they weren't you wouldn't be able to apply them at home. You will not get instant results from them, acid treatments and microdermabrasion all take months of regular use to show results. Deep acid peels (the kind that take weeks to heal and show quick results) need to be performed under medical supervision. Be patient and just establish a routine that will show results in about 3 months time.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
My skin with 12.5% TCA starts peeling on 3-4-th day. I am pretty normal on day 1 and 2. It is betete to use Q-tips instead of cotton balls.
vienna_h
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I just did my second peel today. This time I did a layer of Jessner's first, then 2 layers of TCA on my problem areas.

I understand it takes a long time to see final results, but I was just expecting my face to be more red immediately afterwards. This time my cheeks are much redder, and my skin seems overall more sensitive, so I think its a sign that this peel went deeper than the first one.

And I also used q-tips this time, it is better because more of the serum goes on the skin.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:05 am      Reply with quote
vienna_h wrote:

And I also used q-tips this time, it is better because more of the serum goes on the skin.

What did you use last time to apply? The best thing is to use something like a cotton pad or gauze soaked in the peel. It does waste product but its the best way to help get a most even application.
vienna_h
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
vienna_h wrote:

What did you use last time to apply? The best thing is to use something like a cotton pad or gauze soaked in the peel. It does waste product but its the best way to help get a most even application.

I used a cotton pad, but it absorbed too much and didn't transfer onto the skin enough, in my opinion.

I've started to peel now, i feel like my new skin underneath is wrinkly and old looking though, not new and fresh... im kinda worried!!!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
vienna_h wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:
vienna_h wrote:

I used a cotton pad, but it absorbed too much and didn't transfer onto the skin enough, in my opinion.

I've started to peel now, i feel like my new skin underneath is wrinkly and old looking though, not new and fresh... im kinda worried!!!

I think you should be patient with it... I just started using a BHA exfoliant and my skin is reacting pretty badly, but I was told that it sometimes happens to people =/
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:09 am      Reply with quote
vienna_h wrote:

Don't worry. It will take a good 10-14 days for peeling to be complete. Remember not to rush the peeling in any way and be as gentle as possible to your skin for the next 2 weeks.
Kelly Jellybean

Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I decided to do a 12.5% TCA peel. I'm getting it today and will be applying 2 layers of it with a q-tip to hopefully minimize pores and lessen a peppering of boxcar scars on cheeks. (very shallow) Hope it'll be strong enuff. I regularly use 12%Glycolic AHA lotion and an Alpha Lipoic Acid Vitamin C Ester & DMAE Cream.
After I apply the tca nuteuralize and rinse I'm wondering if it'd be best to put my super E Natural Vitamin E Ointment on it or nothing at all? 0.o

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Kelly Jellybean wrote:
I decided to do a 12.5% TCA peel. I'm getting it today and will be applying 2 layers of it with a q-tip to hopefully minimize pores and lessen a peppering of boxcar scars on cheeks. (very shallow) Hope it'll be strong enuff. I regularly use 12%Glycolic AHA lotion and an Alpha Lipoic Acid Vitamin C Ester & DMAE Cream.
After I apply the tca nuteuralize and rinse I'm wondering if it'd be best to put my super E Natural Vitamin E Ointment on it or nothing at all? 0.o

well as you've read from my experience, dont expect results from your first peel, it takes a few to really see dramaic changes. I now am starting to see that my pores are smaller, cleaner, and my skin tone more even. Also, TCA doesnt need to be neutralized, just rinse with lots of cold water for 60 seconds. I put polysporin right after the peel and every night, then vasoline and moisturizer in between. I also been using OCM to keep my pores clean, so far its working very well!
Kelly Jellybean

Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
WOah. Alrighty, I just finished doing this crazy peel. After one minute and a half my skin "frosted" allover the areas of my cheeks that I had put it on. @,@ it burned a lil bit. But am really surprised it frosted. I got mine from MUAC. I have both the vit e ointment and avacado oil on it now. Geebus I left it on almost 5 minutes all the white was like WOAH.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I own an 8% TCA peel from MUAC but I'm too scared to try it.

I read a post elsewhere from a woman who got a 3rd degree burn - her face swelled up and turned red then brown then black and it took weeks for it to heal.

I'm afraid of that.

Also I get Keloid scars - does that mean my face will scar?

Please help if anyone knows the answers to this. I don't want to disfigure myself.
WearyAtlas
5% products discount

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished peeling from TCA 21%. 7 days of down time. There are NO a single visible pore on my face today. Love this stuff.
Kelly Jellybean

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
My face is normal coloran hr after I did it. I read your not supposed to do tca if you get keloid scars. :/

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing TCA (15%) peels for about three months now (3 peels in all). I had done glycolic weekly for about five years, so my skin was pretty accustomed to the burn.

I have never gotten the peel to frost. It will sting, but I have not even had to wash it off. I just leave it and the burning goes away after about five minutes.

My skin does get weird for a couple days. Right now my neck looks like it's 90 years old, not 52! But then it peels nicely and leaves this soft, fresher skin underneath.

Each peel reveals better-looking skin, so I will continue to do one a month or so until I get the desired results, then maybe one every three months. I run my own business and can't have a week of downtime as I would with a deeper peel, so this is perfect for me!
vienna_h
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
SoCalGal wrote:
I own an 8% TCA peel from MUAC but I'm too scared to try it.

I read a post elsewhere from a woman who got a 3rd degree burn - her face swelled up and turned red then brown then black and it took weeks for it to heal.

I'm afraid of that.

Also I get Keloid scars - does that mean my face will scar?

Please help if anyone knows the answers to this. I don't want to disfigure myself.

I've also read stories of people who get 3rd degree burns but it would seem these people do peels waaaay too strong like 50% tca or more! I doubt you could do much damage at 8%, just do a patch test or leave it on for minimum time. And yes it should sting but If you feel 2nd degree burns you've gone too far and for god sakes stop before you get to the 3rd degree burns!!!!
lol

I;d be more worried about keloid scars though. In my opinion you aren't doing enough damage to provoke that kind of scarring but I would proceed with caution. Have you tried more superficial (AHA) peels first?
Kelly Jellybean

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Does the skin have to turn brown for it to peel? Mine doesn't have any disoloration it just feels a bit tighter and when I move my mouth to the side there's a bunch of crinkle type fine lines...

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Kelly Jellybean wrote:
Does the skin have to turn brown for it to peel? Mine doesn't have any disoloration it just feels a bit tighter and when I move my mouth to the side there's a bunch of crinkle type fine lines...

No, my skin has never turned brown...but it definitely peels and flakes. It gets filmy first though...then starts to flake, & finally peel like a sunburn.
vienna_h
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Kelly Jellybean wrote:

This is what happens to my skin as well. It will turn red/ sunburnt like for the first couple of hours, then look normal but crinkly, as if you have a layer of Elmers glue on your face. Definitly no discolouration. Those areas with the most crinkling will peel first in my experience. Peeling for me starts two days after the peel and lasts 2 or 3 days.
Kelly Jellybean

Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ohhh okay. Thanks. yea I wasn't quite sure if it was dry or if it didn't take. Cuz when I applied the peel it was pretty frosty. It doesn't feel hard or anything now. I just took a shower and skin feels kinda moisturized. Hope it peels soon so I can see when to do another one.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
okay. My skin is really tough and really crinkly now. I can see exactly where I put the tca solution. Guessing it's gunna peel tomarrow.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Have anyone used a fan brush to apply the TCA peel? Is it better than using Q-tips?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:55 am      Reply with quote
TyLey wrote:
Have anyone used a fan brush to apply the TCA peel? Is it better than using Q-tips?

I have the same thought as I read this thread! Wouldn't using the fan brush help with the application?

Can anyone tell me if you can use TCA Peel on the upper part of your eye lid?

Can TCA help with milia?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |