Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
sleeping with your face on your pillow causes wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'm trying to break the habit of how my face comfortably lays on my pillow when I sleep. I like to sleep on my side and therefore cheek is on the pillow. How do you sleep?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think sleeping on your face actually causes wrinkles does it? I understand acne cause of the oil and grime, but wrinkles?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:50 am      Reply with quote
I think you could search for a "Save My Face" pillow, as that allows you to sleep on your side without crushing your face into the pillow.
BCgirl wrote:
I'm trying to break the habit of how my face comfortably lays on my pillow when I sleep. I like to sleep on my side and therefore cheek is on the pillow. How do you sleep?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Remember that when your sleeping, if you sleep on your side, your pushing your face against the pillow which can act as resistance to the facial tissue. Many have got wrinkles who sleep on their side, and there are quite a few derms etc who say that doing so encourages wrinkles!
oasisjc wrote:
I don't think sleeping on your face actually causes wrinkles does it? I understand acne cause of the oil and grime, but wrinkles?
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I will be an advocate for the Save My Face pillow. I've been using the mini pillow for a few years now and it has definitely been a face saver seeing I could never sleep on my back with having sleep apnea.
It does its intended job beautifully and keeps my face elevated just enough to keep all the important parts from smashing in to the pillow and I don't wake up with those pressure wrinkles that take an hour or so to go away.

....and it's still holding up after a few years of use!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:48 am      Reply with quote
I usually sleep on my right side and I have less wrinkles on that side. I don't think it matters.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:04 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:

How you sleep on your face does cause wrinkles. I hear this from many dermatologists, they tell me to try to prevent sleeping on my face if i'm worried about wrinkles in the long run because your cheek is pressed up to the pillow causing your cheek to smoosh upwards creating creases for crowsfeet

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Wow that is really interesting. I honestly didn't think that was possible! That's gonna suck for me cause I move around like crazy when I sleep
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:59 am      Reply with quote
tips on how to prevent wrinkles
http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Prevent-Wrinkle

Sleeping Positions. Resting your face on the pillow in the same way every night for years on end also leads to wrinkles. Called sleep lines, these wrinkles eventually become etched on the surface of the skin and no longer disappear when the head is not resting on the pillow. Women, who tend to sleep on their sides, are most likely to see these lines appear on their chin and cheeks. Men tend to notice these lines on the forehead since they usually sleep with the face pressed face down on the pillow. People who sleep on their backs do not develop these wrinkles since their skin does not lie crumpled against the pillow.

http://www.skincarephysicians.com/agingskinnet/basicfacts.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm beginning to think that if your skin care routine is good enough, then sleep position doesn't matter too much. Take Dr Susan Evans, for instance, who sleeps face down with her face totally smooshed into her pillow--and not a line on her face!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I toss and turn heavily when I sleep. Those of you with a save my face pillow, it seems that the pillow is awfully small. Do you manage to sleep on it all night? Or do you shift and turn and somehow end up waking up off the pillow?

I sleep on my side (though I try and try not to) and I sometimes wake up with a deep crease on my right cheek. On some days, it takes a full DAY for the crease to go away... Crying or Very sad I do believe that if I don't break this habit, the crease will turn into an ugly wrinkle!
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I sleep on my back Sad ......when I was sleeping on my side I had a long crease/wrinkle on my side face that has most def gone away as much as it could without some kind of peel.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I have a Save My Face Pillow but it is too small for me, or just hard to get used to. I am trying to force myself to learn to sleep on m back but it has been so hard! It is getting easier and easier though as time goes by so who knows!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have silk pillowcases - they work but are expensive. I now buy cheap satin and make my own cases, and it works just as well, maybe better than the silk ones (I used to wake up with hideous creases from my cotton case, but since using satin my face is fine when I wake up).

(There is no WAY I can sleep on my back, just cannot do it. My brain simply refuses to switch off until I roll onto my stomach - I sleep with my face all swallowed up by my pillow, it's a wonder I don't suffocate Laughing )
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |