Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Gelatin vs Collagen supplements...which is better?

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
lvnatural

Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Hello Smile I'm a new member on the forum and its been wonderful reading through all the great information and incredible amount of knowledge shared by all the members.

I have a question about collagen supplements.Confused I've read that the're good to take in powder form mixed with oj since the vitamin c helps with absorption I assume?

However, I can't decide whether I should take gelatin or collagen powder. To those of you who have had success with this...which one is better and more effective?...and what kind of benefits have you experienced. Any tips would be helful.
Thank you!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Bump bump.

Was looking to ask the same thing. A year later Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:49 am      Reply with quote
COLLAGEN

ORAL
In addition to injectable and topical forms, collagen also comes as an oral dietary supplement, according to ArthritisMD. Usually marketed to relieve symptoms related to connective tissue diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, oral collagen may also have some benefit on aging skin. Some oral collagen products claim that it works to nourish the skin from the inside out where topical collagen applications cannot reach. Additionally, these supplements claim to be a more permanent solution than injectable collagen. The efficacy of oral collagen as a treatment for aging skin has not been proven; it should not be taken without consulting a physician.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/179662-forms-of-collagen/

Collagen Supplements - the Naked Facts of An Ugly Scam Revealed!

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Collagen+Supplements+-+the+Naked+Facts+of+An+Ugly+Scam+Revealed!-a01073947543

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:56 am      Reply with quote
GELATIN OVERVIEW INFORMATION
Gelatin is a protein made from animal products.

Gelatin is used for weight loss and for treating osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and brittle bones (osteoporosis). Some people also use it for strengthening bones, joints, and fingernails. Gelatin is also used for improving hair quality and to shorten recovery after exercise and sports-related injury.

In manufacturing, gelatin is used for preparation of foods, cosmetics, and medicines.

How does it work?
Gelatin contains collagen, which is one of the materials that make up cartilage and bone. This is why some people think gelatin might help for arthritis and other joint conditions.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1051-GELATIN.aspx?activeIngredientId=1051&activeIngredientName=GELATIN

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have always been taking powder form collagen (Milcolla). I have never heard that orange juice makes it easier or more absorbent, but it can't hurt. Vitamin C is good for the skin. They say that Vitamin C helps stimulate you're body to naturally produce collagen too. Very Happy
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I'm reading a lot of positive things about gelatin lately; this article says it's anti inflammatory and apparently super anti aging.

Gelatin, stress, longevity
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/gelatin.shtml
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
lvnatural, I remember my mother taken Knox gelatin! I started taking Neocell collagen after watching an Oprah show on the rave for collagen in Asia. I've read that hydrolized collagen is better absorbed than products like Knox gelatin. You know it works when a product has 800 reviews!

http://www.iherb.com/Neocell-Super-Collagen-Type-1-3-7-oz-198-g/6074
System
Automatic Message
Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pür Minerals All Over Glow Face & Body Bronzer (30 g / 1 oz) Payot Design Ultra Lift Remodelling Lifting Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Being True Finishing Brow Gel (5.5 g / 0.19 oz)