Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HELP - ARE MY SKINCEUTICALS PHLORETIN CF OXIDIZED?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chelle5

Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I bought a pack of Skinceuticals Phloretin CF samples (5 vials), however when it arrived only 2 vials are somewhat clear in color but the other 3 has turned yellow. The seller told me they are still good, hence I need advice from you guys if they are okay.

I tried uploading or linking the picture here but it says new members are not allowed to do so, hence can I trouble you to please go to flickr and search for me (tipsytipsey). I have only 1 picture there now for public.

Thanks a bunch!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Very light yellow is OK but anything darker is fully oxidized.
chelle5

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:13 am      Reply with quote
So my Skinceuticals Phloretin CF is still okay?
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've had this problem with Skinceuticals before. Both of my CEF serums were slightly yellow, and I threw them out. They were expensive but my skin is worth more! Laughing

I still use a CE Ferulic serum (from Cosmetic Skin Solutions) which is completely clear, however, it is in the same packaging as Skinceuticals. Now I'm looking into buying my own airless pumps and just transferring the product into these. Perhaps you could do this?
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've had this problem with Skinceuticals before. Both of my CEF serums were slightly yellow, and I threw them out. They were expensive but my skin is worth more! Laughing

I still use a CE Ferulic serum (from Cosmetic Skin Solutions) which is completely clear, however, it is in the same packaging as Skinceuticals. Now I'm looking into buying my own airless pumps and just transferring the product into these. Perhaps you could do this?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
You should also try smelling it and feeling it to see if the texture changed. But if you have any doubts about using it at all, it's better to be safe than sorry.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:53 pm      Reply with quote

lilmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I have an oxidation question - I am starting with Vitamin C Serum and purchased IS Clinical Super serum. It smells mediciny and is very dark brown. Does that mean it has oxidized? Is is bad to use? I heard that once vitamin C oxidized, it can actually be bad for your skin? (will be bummed if it is bad since I paid US$130.00 Sad )
havana8

Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:18 am      Reply with quote
chelle5 wrote:
I tried uploading or linking the picture here but it says new members are not allowed to do so, hence can I trouble you to please go to flickr and search for me (tipsytipsey). I have only 1 picture there now for public.

Thanks a bunch!

Here is chelle5's photo:

circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi chelle5! Going by the pic, I would dump the first 2. The third I can't see too clearly, perhaps you can use it on your arms/body if you are unsure. Fourth one is okay to use. Hths! Very Happy

havana8 Thank you for taking the trouble to post the pic! It's great having you as a moderator. Very Happy
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I agree definitely dump the first 2. The 3rd is questionable, 4th looks ok. Put them in the fridge to prolong to life of them.
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 05, 2024 2:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Skin Biology Super Cop Skin Remodeling Cream - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |