Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What one thing would you order from Sephora?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
momtofive
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have a $25 giftcard from Sephora, but have never been there before. If you could choose, what would your favorite item there be?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
If you have a Clarisonic, get a brush Surprised
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
The tea tree oil blotting papers are terrific for oily skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:02 am      Reply with quote
I've always wondered, does blotting papers make you even more oilier since you're stripping your skin of the much needed oils? I think this happened to me when I blotted my nose and got like a million white/blackheads after a month of use Sad
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:15 am      Reply with quote
NARS eye shadow. they are very good. or Fresh rose mask (but this is more expensive, and you have to add extra money on this product)
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Are you in need of anything in particular (skin care? lipstick? perfume?)?

My shopping list is soooo long for sephora!
They have a great return policy so if you really don't like what you buy, you can return it.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Benefit Girl Meets Pearl

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:29 am      Reply with quote
It depends on what you need. I only buy Lancome Definicils mascara and Shiseido cotton pads.
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Benefit Girl Meets Pearl

Yep, or the Nars Orgasm face highlighter.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I like their mirror that also turns into a hair brush when your open it then push on the brush side. It's cute and useful, it's much better than having a hair brush in your purse.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:03 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
I've always wondered, does blotting papers make you even more oilier since you're stripping your skin of the much needed oils? I think this happened to me when I blotted my nose and got like a million white/blackheads after a month of use Sad

Well, I think that if you are truly over-producing oil, then removing it is fine. There are times when your skin is trying to produce something but can't, and so then, I agree, it could be bad to remove the oils. But for me, blotting is nice in the afternoon if I'm getting shiny, and a must before photos! Smile Some blotting papers have icky stuff on them, like talc and whatnot--maybe that was clogging your pores?

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Great blush brush: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P183724&categoryId=B70 (thanks, liz!)

Good basic retractable lip brush that's only $12: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P92921&categoryId=B70
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Just came from there and I would have loved that 25! Got the Lorac foundation, powder and a cool concealer with a roller-ball for smoothing with a built-in highlighter. Three products in one! Kind of cool, but not sure it was necessary, may return as the color is more on the yellow side and the highlighter doesn't have much there so it will run out quicker. Ditto for the powder as it gets a little "cakey" if you touch up over slightly oily skin. Not happy about that part but the color is great for a translucent, not too pale.
Also got lots of samples, most I would never buy, but I have been impressed so far with Perricone's Cold Plasma SubD. Hubby has been using it on the chin/neck area and there is definately some firming and definition going on there now. I have been using it up to my jawline and have to say I am impressed. They gave me 2 containers of the sample and I will buy it once they are gone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Caudalie has a nice perfume, or maybe some OPI nail polish, or else Makeup for ever stuff.

There is a Sephora here and I do everything to avoid it and only go to get my sister's birthday gift...the freebie one that is.

I hate the Sephora where I live, they are so disorganized and could not tell me if the Clinique toners were display only or if they were getting them in.

I wanted to buy the Clean start line after getting samples and went back and staff had no idea when they were getting those items in??

Also on the US site you can not use a Canadian credit card to pay-wanted to send a gift to my mother in the US and they would not even let me pay over the phone.
tried to order online and my order went through and then was canceled.
grrrrr!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Annie, don't know if you'll check this thread again, but if you do:

What is the difference in Perricone's Cold Plasma (face) and Cold Plasma Sub D? Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Sephora is my absolute favorite store! I go there once a week. And, now that I have the iPhone, I have the Sephora App so I can shop using my phone as well! I would like to suggest a product for your $25 gift card, but there are so many I don't know where to begin. lol.

My regular products that I get at Sephora are Ojon haircare line, Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel, DermaDoctor Body Guard SPF 30 Oil-Free Sunscreen, Dior Show Mascara, Lorac Breakthrough Performance Foundation, Nars Cream Blush, Bare Escentuals Eye Shadow, Benefit Stay Don't Stray Eyelid Primer, Benefit Boi-ing Concealer, Benefit Eyebright Pencil, Anastasia Eyebrow Pencil and my perfumes/fragrances as well.

Enjoy your shopping!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Sorry-just saw your post!
The Cold Plasma is for the face to basically help with wrinkles, redness and firmness. She called it a resurfacer. They did not give me a sample of the face one because they said my skin might be too sensitive for it. I am going back and getting one anyway to try I think for the heck of it.
The Cold Plasma SubD is a product that uses the Cold Plasma type of penetration system to deliver the product for the neck and chest area. It is supposed to tighten, lift and firm. So far, the hubby is loving it. I can see some jawline definition coming back. Not a miracle but we are on week one, heading into week two!
Cold Plasma refers to the type of penetration system that Perricone developed to deliver the product that is supposed to be superior to others.
If you go to the Sephora site, they have quite a few reviews going on.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:37 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Sorry-just saw your post!
The Cold Plasma is for the face to basically help with wrinkles, redness and firmness. She called it a resurfacer. They did not give me a sample of the face one because they said my skin might be too sensitive for it. I am going back and getting one anyway to try I think for the heck of it.
The Cold Plasma SubD is a product that uses the Cold Plasma type of penetration system to deliver the product for the neck and chest area. It is supposed to tighten, lift and firm. So far, the hubby is loving it. I can see some jawline definition coming back. Not a miracle but we are on week one, heading into week two!

Thanks, Annie! I've been using the Cold Plasma (face) for about three weeks now. I can't see any real difference, but I know it's still early.
Cold Plasma refers to the type of penetration system that Perricone developed to deliver the product that is supposed to be superior to others.
If you go to the Sephora site, they have quite a few reviews going on.

I kind of messed up that post! Hope it makes sense. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the refund policy in Sephora and the samples that you want to try on. U can just ask for some samples for skincare / makeup products than they will fill it in a container for you to try at home !!!
momtofive
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wow,thank you for all the idea's, this is going to be a tough one! I'm thinking the plasma is def sounding tempting, but so many other of the ideas are also great!
sabbie

Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I couldn't live without Nars Bronzing Powder in my makeup bag. Fantastic stuff!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
queenielau718 wrote:
I really like the refund policy in Sephora and the samples that you want to try on. U can just ask for some samples for skincare / makeup products than they will fill it in a container for you to try at home !!!

I think that is the only advantage of Sephora.
But I was actually kicked off of unable to post to their facebook page after making a comment that Sephora in Canada never has any of the bonuses you see on their website Sad
-and my comment was in response to someone too.

So based on my experience I like EDS or another website better.

In the same mall as Sephora there is a drugstore that has all the exact same items and every week or 2 they have a points event where you get 35% back in store points to use on anything.
That's where I shop...along w EDS.

But i guess if you have a gift card,use it there first!
l0rrie
5% products discount

Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Nars Orgasm Laughing
taz0983

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone remember what Nars blush color was on display last winter along with Nars Winter collection? I saw this very pretty color at a Sephora near me and I forgot the name. That color isn't at that Sephora anymore, or at least I can't find it. It's like a dusty berry color...
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have this: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P285300&categoryId=B70

This is fun!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |