Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DHC deep cleansing oil - help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fulloflove2
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this for 3 nights on my oily dry flaky rosacea skin and now my skin is a mess. Its red, bumpy and rashy on top of that my flakes look worse. I tried it so I could get my makeup off better. Ha it did work for that.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah DHC doesn't work for everyone. You can still return it if you need to
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Probably the rosemary extract irritated your skin. I wish they would remove it from the formula.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this several years ago and did not care for it either. Everyone's skin is so different, one person's HG is another person's nightmare!

I wouldn't suggest applying any other new products until your skin calms down. A trip to the dermatologist could save you a lot of time and money on trying numerous products that may or may not work.

Aside from seeing a dermatologist:

Many people will find that their combination skin becomes more balanced when they stop using products that are either wrong for their skin type (too emollient for the T-zone or too absorbent for the dry areas) or contain problem ingredients that are causing their skin more harm than good.

Always wash your face with a gentle, water-soluble cleanser to prevent irritation and dryness. Since you have oily and dry combination skin, a gel-based or mild foaming cleanser will be perfect. If you have rosacea with sun damage, a lightweight lotion cleanser is ideal. Regardless of the texture it must always be gentle. Your choice of cleansers should never contain any irritants or fragrance and are a great first step towards controlling combination skin.
Avoid bar soaps or bar cleansers of any kind, regardless of their claims. The ingredients that are put in bar cleansers can clog pores and are always too drying and irritating for any skin type.

Sunscreen must be used every day, year-round if you want to prevent and stop wrinkles and other signs of aging skin. If you have oily skin prone to breakouts, your foundation and pressed powder can provide the sun protection you need. If you have sensitive skin and rosacea, choose sunscreens with only titanium dioxide or/and zinc oxide as the active ingredients

BHA is especially helpful for normal, oily or blemish-prone skin because it not only exfoliates the surface of skin, it also exfoliates inside the pore to reduce pore size, unclog pores, and kill acne-causing bacteria. BHA is also a must for anyone struggling with blackheads and enlarged pores.

If you have oily and dry skin apply a matte finish foundation, but apply a hydrating primer/serum to the dry areas first. Be sure to avoid getting lotion and cream moisturizers on the oily parts of your face because it will absolutely make them look and feel greasier.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
yes, DHC is not that great.

PLease try Shu uemura CLEANSING BEAUTY OIL PREMIUM A/I it is very good for sensitive skin (since rosacea skin also sensitive) !!!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |