Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Sciton profile laser before after- look!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.moradimd.com/sciton_laser_treatment.html not sure if you can open this, but this new laser looks very promising.I dont believe this patient is the dr's patient since this photo also appears on the Sciton website.It is an amazing before/after without having to use a scalpel.Anyone tried this????
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
WOW! That looks pretty impressive!

Lucyluc - what does something like this cost?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
WOW! That looks pretty impressive!

Lucyluc - what does something like this cost?

Fairlady,
That's a good question! The plastic surgeon that I see in my area charges $2000 for a full-face C02 laser.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I am afraid to even ask. My geuss is a couple thousand dollars.There is a learning curve too.Its a new procedure so you may end up being a guinea pig in the beginning,I would rather wait till the dr has performed many of these procedures....
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:50 am      Reply with quote
I think this may be an umbrella name for a number of different laser treatments. Here is another link which lists the costs of those treatments:
http://www.perfectskincenter.com/laser-skin-resurfacing.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I think this may be an umbrella name for a number of different laser treatments. Here is another link which lists the costs of those treatments:
http://www.perfectskincenter.com/laser-skin-resurfacing.htm

Thanks, Keliu for the link! I think laser treatments can be somewhat confusing. The "Befores & Afters" on this site showed some excellent results.

I appreciate the price list as well; many won't post costs at all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Wow!!! Those before and afters are pretty fantastic!!

To be honest I never really realised that laser resurfacing could make SUCH a difference in skin laxity? The difference in pigmentation is particularly noticable. Most of them look as if they have had a facelift. How much does something like this cost?

oops just saw the price list for the US.

I really need me some of that TNS Recovery Serum!!
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:38 am      Reply with quote
WOW! That's amazing,,, looks pretty impressive!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Holy, those results are amazing! I really hope those are real pictures and not fakes
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
In my opinion, the problem with the Before & After photos is they never tell you how many treatments they have had. You don't often get the fantastic results from just one treatment (which is what we're often led to believe). I've spoken to a few doctors about this, and they all say that consistency is the the thing. In other words, it might take quite a few treatments to see real results. So it can end up being very costly.

When my daughter had her laser treatment, she said the nurse's skin (who was of a mature age) was flawless. She said she had no fillers or Botox, but used a laser consistently. But that's all very well for her, she has the laser at her disposal to use at no cost.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
a lot of people that work in plastic surgeon's office dont make squat,they work there so they can get free surgeries, laser work etc.... fringe benefits are quite good if you dont mind working for peanuts.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
The problem I have with photos are: many times the photos arent even the website's doctor,they are stock photos from the company that manufactures the laser,you will see the same photos on numerous doctors website.For example for sculptra there are 2 photos that the sculptra company has on their website and its the same photos tons of drs use on their website.I want to see photos of patients of that doctors website. Also, many times the after photos are all dolled up and wearing makeup(always too dark red lipstick too) AND the lighting is more flattering in the after photo. Come on people....if you wear no makeup in the before, wear no makeup in the after and keep the lighting the same!If you consult with a dr and he does not have his own portfolio of patients go to someone else who does.That being said I do think this new laser sounds promising,just wonder if olive skinned people can use it though....
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
The problem I have with photos are: many times the photos arent even the website's doctor,they are stock photos from the company that manufactures the laser,you will see the same photos on numerous doctors website.For example for sculptra there are 2 photos that the sculptra company has on their website and its the same photos tons of drs use on their website.I want to see photos of patients of that doctors website. Also, many times the after photos are all dolled up and wearing makeup(always too dark red lipstick too) AND the lighting is more flattering in the after photo. Come on people....if you wear no makeup in the before, wear no makeup in the after and keep the lighting the same!If you consult with a dr and he does not have his own portfolio of patients go to someone else who does.That being said I do think this new laser sounds promising,just wonder if olive skinned people can use it though....

I totally agree with you - most photos displayed by doctors are provided by the manufacturer. This applies to all the B&As of fillers etc. And that is why I say that the manufacturer never lets on how many treatments that particular patient had to achieve the result. Most doctors will only do one treatment on a patient - and often, one treatment does not yield the desired result.

I've just recently purchased the PaloVia, and whilst I like it, it's totally got me yearning for a more substantial professional model. If I had one of those at home I'd be in seventh heaven!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I am not going to ask you what a Palo via is because I know I will want one and I am on a recession beauty budget....at least this week anyway...
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I am not going to ask you what a Palo via is because I know I will want one and I am on a recession beauty budget....at least this week anyway...

Very wise! But FYI anyway!
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=34287

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
My sister is having the profractional xc done tomorrow for $500. pretty good price. I will let u know the results
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:08 am      Reply with quote
has, is that the same as the sciton?I cant get a lot of information on it because it is new. Please post results,thx.Kelieu; ok so how much is it?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:34 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
has, is that the same as the sciton?I cant get a lot of information on it because it is new. Please post results,thx.Kelieu; ok so how much is it?

It's $499.00. But quite honestly I would really love to have a more professional unit. They sell these small IPL lasers on Ebay that are for skin rejuvenation and hair removal. They're manufactured in China and cost around $2,400.00. But how would you know if they're just a piece of junk? And how would you know how to operate it properly - Chinese instructions are always hopeless.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/IPL-Laser-Hair-Removal-Skin-Treatment-Machine-CE1023-/110662753874?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c4039e52#ht_10568wt_1141

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:05 am      Reply with quote
it's Sciton Profractional XC and it's done at a doctor's office. sopmehow he's cheapper than others
here is his website. http://www.happyclinicdenver.com

I'm gonna have the spectrapeel pore reduction at $600/3peels. I looked it up and it costs $500 each so I'm guessing how good mine will be Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |