Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Can someone help me figure out a solid moisturizer with spf?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shaundizzle
5% products discount

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
So for a while I really had no idea what kind of skin i have because i have/had acne and when i use those normal/oily cleansers my skin is all dried up - like i severely notice it. My acne i guess occurred mostly on my cheeky/chin area because thats where most of my scars are so i dont think i have that whole t zone thing going on either.

I'm guessing i have normal to dry skin and my breakouts are just because of poor diet etc.

So essentially I am looking for a nice hydrating moisturizer with a light spf (15-20) that wont cause me to break out.
I'm also interested in one that can help fix the tone of my skin - with my acne scars my skins mostly discolored around my described area and i even have some texturized dimple/bumps from my scars too.

I dont really have much a regiment at the time, so you guys feel free to throw together some super mix if you can...

Thanks
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Try Eminence Vanilla Sun Cream, it is hydrating but won't cause any breakout, if you are worry you can buy the travel kit (sun defense)included vanilla sun cream and tomato sun cream too in 15ml =) so that you won't waste too much if you don't like the products

u can find in EPS.
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:25 am      Reply with quote
I really like Bobbie Brown's tinted moisturizer SPF 15. I've used it for years and I like that it gives good build-able coverage. I usually use it with her cover stick if I'm looking for true coverage. I've tried mineral makeup and liquid and I find I prefer liquid makeup, but I no longer like full liquid foundation. Just a bit too heavy for me anymore. So I've really turned to tinted moisturizers.

I did try a sample of the New Philosophy tinted moisturizer spf 20 and I really like it. I tried the light to medium. Its basically Hope in a Jar with some tint. I like it, but many folks on here don't care for Hope in a Jar. I found it a little light on the coverage, but I loved how my skin felt and the higher SPF. You can get a sample from Sephora or if you order from QVC and hate it you can return it easy.

I am waiting for the Dr. Denese Day Cream SPF 30. I read some really good reviews on it and I'm interested because it adjusts to your skin for the color. I like the extra SPF and I'm hoping it will replace my BB. I was planning on buying Philosophy's tinted one until I read about Dr. Denese. I'd like to try something different this summer, but if they all don't work, then I'll be back to my tried and try BB,.

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:53 am      Reply with quote
How about Cerave AM? Its SPF 30 (but not heavy) and contains Niacinamide.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Vichy Aqualia Thermal spf 15/PPD 18 is nice and light. High protection/Photo-stable actives. I use it everyday.
l0rrie
5% products discount

Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Kimberly Sayer - Antioxident moisturizer with spf 20.. I swear by it.. Amazing stuff and its available at EDS.. Its also organic.. I have extreme sensitive skin..
SpaGirl85

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Eucerin makes a line called Every Day Protection. The body lotion is SPF 15 and the Face lotion is SPF 30. They are great because they are not greasy and are truly fragrance free!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:26 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
How about Cerave AM? Its SPF 30 (but not heavy) and contains Niacinamide.

Cerave AM is pretty good because of the niacinamide, but it does lack antioxidants. Make sure you add antioxidants underneath to fight off the free radicals.. it may also be a bit too greasy for oily skin
JennyJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:52 am      Reply with quote
My favourite is Eminence Tomato Sun Cream because it uses mineral sunscreens instead of chemical. It absorbs very nicely and is not greasy either! I use it as my day cream.
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:11 am      Reply with quote
i love skinceutical moisteriser....it works for me ...have a try ,see how is going.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:38 am      Reply with quote
SpaGirl85 wrote:
Eucerin makes a line called Every Day Protection. The body lotion is SPF 15 and the Face lotion is SPF 30. They are great because they are not greasy and are truly fragrance free!

Is it good for oily skin?
shaundizzle
5% products discount

Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys,

Unfortunately in the end i decided to go with something without spf simply because i keep reading how people say that it makes skin too oily and i have somewhat acne prone skin - had a lot as a young teen and am going through a couple new pimples today.

The one i'm checking out is peter thomas roth oil free moisturizer. I would get the one with the spf 30 but i think thats a little bit too much for me.
I have pretty dark skin and have gotten by without sunscreen as a young teen for a while. So i was just looking for something with an spf 15 and some vitamins

Definitely do want to check out that eminence tomato cream though. so thanks for the tip!
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
JennyJam wrote:
My favourite is Eminence Tomato Sun Cream because it uses mineral sunscreens instead of chemical. It absorbs very nicely and is not greasy either! I use it as my day cream.

I tried to use the Tomato sun cream; however i find the smell is a bit too strong, (kind of like vinegar smell); is that normal ?? Therefore I seldom use tomato sun cream but use Vanilla sun cream
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:43 am      Reply with quote
From what I know, it should be too strong of a smell that you find it repulsive
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I use eminence tomato sun cream too, it is good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm currently in a hospital and went into the burns unit, that also treats dermatology issues (a private hospital) and found a bunch of trial sized products they have for there patients. They have a really good sunscreen, used it today, it's called QV anti-aging SPF30 sunscreen.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:47 am      Reply with quote
My husband use QV face cleanser, it is good.

He use QV face moisturisig day cream with spf30+, which is for dry/sensitive skin. Is it difference from QV anti-aging SPF30 sunscreen ad is it only can buy from doctor?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
beauty mask wrote:

He use QV face moisturisig day cream with spf30+, which is for dry/sensitive skin. Is it difference from QV anti-aging SPF30 sunscreen ad is it only can buy from doctor?

You should be able to find these products at the chemist. I was really spoilt for choice though and just picked a few different trial size products.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
queenielau718 wrote:
Try Eminence Vanilla Sun Cream, it is hydrating but won't cause any breakout, if you are worry you can buy the travel kit (sun defense)included vanilla sun cream and tomato sun cream too in 15ml =) so that you won't waste too much if you don't like the products

u can find in EPS.

i have tried a sample of vanilla sun cream,,not bad !~
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:09 am      Reply with quote
have you try QV bath oil, it is good in winter.

echoecho wrote:
beauty mask wrote:

You should be able to find these products at the chemist. I was really spoilt for choice though and just picked a few different trial size products.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:27 am      Reply with quote
I highly recommend la Roche Posay brand they make them for dry skin and oily and combo skin.. read up on them in makeup alley or on amazon that is how I found it and it was so highly recommended I gave in and finally got it and WOW... is all I can say ... What great stuff..... people with all skin types love their sunscreens.....but you have to make sure you get the one from Europe or Canada... they use Mexoryl sx and Lx and it isn't legal in the USA yet... only Mexoryl SX is legal so far and you really need to use the kind with both.... all the USA brands as far as I have researched only really work for an hour on UVA and several hours for UVB or is it vice verse.. I forget, but I did alot of research after having a problem with most of them being all white and pasty and stung my eyes like hell.... the European ones last for 6 and more hours....... first one also I have ever used that does not sting my eyes..... they make different kinds depending on how strong a sunscreen you want to use..... I am using the Anthelios XL Fluide Extreme SPF 50+ (previously known as SPF 60 in EU)
Face "tinted version"... and I have normal dry skin... I love love love love it........ best stuff ever......... it is made for combo oily skin.. but I use it and put a moisturizer over it is all if my skin needs something.... no breakouts so far thank god ... and alot of things make me breakout bad.... I use retin A and am using hydroquinine for some pigmentation problems that I am finally getting to even out with the use of this sunscreen... prior to this I used neutrogena dry touch and a million others and they all stung my eyes and actually did not work .. my skin became more uneven and my dark spots were getting worse... not anymore ... my skin is about 50 percent more even in tone after only 2 months.... hopefully another few months and all this discoloration will be gone......
laifuwangcai
5% products discount

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Eminence. You may have several choices. And they are organic,you can find them in EDS
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:50 am      Reply with quote
you are right, Eminence sun cream also very good.

laifuwangcai wrote:
Eminence. You may have several choices. And they are organic,you can find them in EDS

Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I read that avobenzone can lead to breakouts. It is listed as the active ingredient in many moiturizers with SPF. i foudn avoiding this ingredient has improved the clarity of my skin.

I use l'oreal futureE moiturizer and am quite happy with it.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
laifuwangcai wrote:

i love this product but i have dry skin. it may not be such a good choice for oily/acne prone skin though,..

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |