Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Rhinoplasty gone wrong, going out of my mind, please help!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Morphy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum.

I am a long time EDS member and wondering if anyone can help me?

About 6 months ago, I had a turbinectomy and what was supposed to be a very minor rhinoplasty. When the cast came off I was shocked! The Dr removed WAY more of my nose than we had agreed to.

I now have what's called an "inverted V deformity", but what is worse, I can barely breath. And, with every week that goes by, both issues are getting worse as the nose heals and contracts.

Went back to the Dr who told me to "just breath from my mouth" and come back in another 6 months for a potential revision surgery, which he refused to discuss or explain. He then told to leave.

I am beyond depressed and feel so stupid! I've stopped going out. Am in this deep hole of angst, guilt, and fear. CAn't even get out of bed in the morning...

Please if anyone can recommend a good revision surgeon, anywhere in the world, let me know. Thank you!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
That all sounds extremely distressing. You definitely need to consult another doctor. Perhaps if you told us were you reside someone will know of a reputable doctor in your area.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, I am in Montreal, but willing to go elsewhere for a consult... Thank you.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Morphy,
I'm not sure I would go back to that particular doctor for any kind of revision surgery!

Definitely consult another plastic surgeon (maybe even an attorney!) Telling a patient to "just breathe through your mouth" is extremely cavalier and unprofessional -- imo.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, and the sooner the better. Sometimes, your immune system can just go crazy and start attacking things that don't look "right"
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:24 am      Reply with quote
That really sucks!
hopefully you can find someone to fix your nose.

Did you try and confront the doctor after he said "breathe out of your mouth"

if he said that to me he would be hearing about it and I would have asked for a revision in a couple months and gotten that in writing.

I guess that is why a couple of doctors I've seen do not like me too much.
If I'm dissatisfied with something I will let them know.

I had a few issues with my former dentist office and that almost ended up in court,lol
(they were trying to make me pay for an apt where I showed up and they refused to do an x ray because I told them I could not be treated more that day due to severe injury).
argued about that w office manager for a couple months...

Anyways, hopefully you can get a resolution with the same doctor or a discount on a refereal to someone else...not sure if I'd trust the same doctor to redo a surgery???
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:37 am      Reply with quote
I understand your distress. I have not had this problem, but have had to have a revision after rhinoplasty. I am not familiar with your issues, but a google search yielded this on one PS's website:

Inverted V: When a hump is reduced, sometimes the middle vault of the nose collapses inward, causing an "inverted V" appearance. This may be corrected with the placement of grafts in a revision rhinoplasty procedure.

So don't worry...most likely it can be fixed!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:49 am      Reply with quote
That is so terrible. I think I would definitely be going elsewhere to have it fixed. At least it sounds like it can be fixed which is good.

Sorry I can't help or recommend anyone as I am in Australia, best of luck with it all though.
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:29 am      Reply with quote
Yikes, that sounds tough! And what a horrible thing the dr said!

An idea: maybe the inverted V aspect could be quickly but temporarily fixed with a filler (called "nonsurgical nose job" I think) until you get in for a surgical revision. Of course, that probably wouldn't help with the breathing...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Seems he needs to be reported to the Medical Board. His concern for his patients is obviously lacking right along with his skills.

I would definitely report him at the very least to possibly spare another women (person) from going through what you are now dealing with.

I would definitely seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon (do your homework) and I would recommend finalizing an agreement from your current plastic surgeon that he pays the fees to the other surgeon to repair his botched work. NO WAY would I let him do a "revision" on me! If he screws up again, it will be even harder to properly repair.

If all else fails, contact an attorney and when you sound like a perverted deep breather on the phone, you can explain that the doctor told you to breath through your mouth, since your nasal passages have been obstructed due to his incompetence.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I am so sorry this happened to you! There are several top plastic surgeons in New York City, and I can personally recommend Dr. Craig Foster
and also Dr. Tabbal. They are both excellent. I suggest you call their offices and ask about a revision etc before you book an appointment and make the trip down to New York. Hope this helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:38 am      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
Seems he needs to be reported to the Medical Board.

Unfortunately, it is very hard to prosecute a doctor unless he kills someone. Even then some get off. For a cosmetic procedure, she'd be out of luck unless she were a movie star or model who made a living from her looks.

Go online and write a review. Nothing slanderous like "He's a butcher!" but exactly what the result of the surgery was and exactly what he said. No speculation, no hearsay, just facts.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Yeah Softskin, you are probably right! It just seems so outrageous that these doctors keep right on taking peoples money only to disfigure them! Ugh! The insanity of it all.

Here's an interesting link with some good pointers on how to "better" spot a lousy plastic surgeon:

http://www.stylelist.com/2010/08/27/the-five-tell-tale-signs-of-poor-plastic-surgery/

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Someone once told me that the best way to find a good plastic surgeon is to ask operating room nurses who specialize in plastic surgery because they've seen the doctor's work firsthand. But how would you ever find an operating room nurse? You just have to get a referral from someone which can be difficult because not many people admit to having had surgery.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:18 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin is right however you can file a report with your states medical board. If they determine its appropriate they will serve disciplinary actions/fines.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
That's awful! That's a nightmare situation and it's not something you can really talk about either (except here I guess) because there's a stigma against plastic surgery.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have a bad nose job also. There is a lot of good information on makemeheal. The best website for years was rhinoplasty4you but the forum went defunct during the recession. I don't know if you are considering doctors in the states....

Here are a few names I have read good things about over the years:

Frederick Menick
Andrew Frankel
Theodore Golden
Dr. Rizk
Rollin Daniel

The doctor to avoid is Dean Toriumi.

I'm going through something similar... really sucks having a bad rhino. Mine has more or less ruined my life.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I will consult a lawyer first to sue the doctor who did the mistake on my nose and see what happens. This is clearly a nose job gone wrong. Also, you can call the medical association he belongs to, in order to report him, fax them, say something so that investigation will be done on your behalf.
Before you did this surgery, did you get a referral or you just pick-up an ad in the newspaper?

Morphy wrote:
I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum.

I am a long time EDS member and wondering if anyone can help me?

About 6 months ago, I had a turbinectomy and what was supposed to be a very minor rhinoplasty. When the cast came off I was shocked! The Dr removed WAY more of my nose than we had agreed to.

I now have what's called an "inverted V deformity", but what is worse, I can barely breath. And, with every week that goes by, both issues are getting worse as the nose heals and contracts.

Went back to the Dr who told me to "just breath from my mouth" and come back in another 6 months for a potential revision surgery, which he refused to discuss or explain. He then told to leave.

I am beyond depressed and feel so stupid! I've stopped going out. Am in this deep hole of angst, guilt, and fear. CAn't even get out of bed in the morning...

Please if anyone can recommend a good revision surgeon, anywhere in the world, let me know. Thank you!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |