Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

So excited! Had an EDS spending spree!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
happybunny
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
First of all - I hope I've put this in the right section of the forum. I'm a newbie so still finding out about what to put where!

I've just had a bit of a spree on the EDS website - I'm so looking forward to trying out all my new products. I blame you lot for encouraging me by posting about how great all the EDS products are Wink Very Happy

When I've received them and had a chance to test them out I'll post some reviews. I purchased:

Decleor Neroli oil & Hyrda Floral cream - used to use these all the time a few years ago then swapped to something else so I'm going to revisit them again.

Decleor hand cream

Decleor clay & herb mask

St Tropez body exfoliator & moisturiser (don't use their self tan though - I prefer Fake Bake)

Dr Haushka shampoo & Dr Haushka conditioner - have problems with itchy dry scalp so I hoped this would help as these products don't seem to have nasty additives like most shampoos.

Dr Haushka lip balm (I'm a devotee of Carmex but thought I would try something new)

Please tell me these products are lovely as I'm feeling a bit naughty about my spending spree Embarassed Shock Very Happy
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Someone has been busy with their credit card! Very Happy

the Decleor Aromessence Neroli and the Hydra Floral.

I've got the Dr Hauschka lip balm that comes in the pot. Not overly impressed with it. It doesn't seem to have had any dramatic effect on my lips. Personally, I prefer Carmex. It leaves a tingly sensation. Smile

I have a sample tube of the Decleor clay & herb mask but I haven't tried it yet. Must try to remember to hunt it down and try it out.

I'm sure all your feelings of naughtiness will disappear when your parcel arrives. Very Happy
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Welcome Bunny enjoy!
happybunny
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Now I am just hoping I don't get stung for a huuuuuge customs charge Sad Do you UK girls usually get charged customs duties or does your parcel tend to slip through the net? How much are the charges usually?
Mabsy

Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:16 am      Reply with quote
I really like the Neroli Oil and also the Dr H lipbalm (my other half LOVES the Dr H shampoo). I agree that the Dr H lipbalm does not leave that tingly feeling (which I love) but I find that it moisturises really well. And, well, it's all natural Smile I've got both the pot and the stick form and prefer the stick just because of ease of use (plus I have long nails which makes things interesting with the pot...).

I'm sure you'll love your parcel when it comes - I love getting EDS parcels, it's like Xmas! Smile

Looking forward to reading your reviews.
Mabsy
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:38 am      Reply with quote
happybunny wrote:
Now I am just hoping I don't get stung for a huuuuuge customs charge Sad Do you UK girls usually get charged customs duties or does your parcel tend to slip through the net? How much are the charges usually?

I've not been caught out by customs with my EDS orders so far. Smile
I'm not sure how they work out the customs charge. Is it usually a % of the value of the goods? If so, not sure how they would work it out if the package doesn't include an invoice. Wink
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I've never been caught with customs charges for EDS yet!!!!...

I wish I could go on a spending spree after christmas... Sad Even my nailtiques bottle is stood upside down so I can get the last drops of it out!! Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:25 am      Reply with quote
happybunny wrote:

Hi happy! I always ask EDS to wrap as a gift as that sometimes helps foil customs...I certainaly haven't been hit so far! I have zero experience of your buys, but I'm sure they will be fab
...have you totally deserted HB btw?

Liz Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:59 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
happybunny wrote:

Hi happy! I always ask EDS to wrap as a gift as that sometimes helps foil customs...I certainaly haven't been hit so far! I have zero experience of your buys, but I'm sure they will be fab
...have you totally deserted HB btw?

Liz Cool

No still on HB and HD. I just like talking Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
happybunny
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
My parcel still hasn't arrived Sad How long does it usually take for you UK folks to get your orders? I emailed and they told me to wait a bit longer but I needed some of it for this weekend. I was soooo looking forward to receiving my parcel too.
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome Smile

If it helps any, I think the shipping estimates they give are pretty accurate. I live in NS, Canada and it takes about a week, which is within the time they estimate.

It's also possible that customs is holding it. They don't hold it for long though...when it arrives, (if you get most of your mail at your home, it probably will be directed to a mail outlet) you'll be told that customs requires you to pay such and such an amount.

If it's a lot of money's worth of products, it can be a sizeable amount of duty. It's this reason I don't order a lot from the US...I've ordered skincare, and my order cost $50 canadian in total...$10 of it or so in duty.

hths?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:57 am      Reply with quote
I ordered on the 14th (well actually the 10th, but guapaboy hadn't paid my cheque in so my order bounced...very embarrassing!) and I got my stuff on monday and I'm awaiting one more which was posted on 18th...I'm sure it won't be much longer, though the delay may mean that the nasty customs men have got it Confused
Fingers crossed! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:09 am      Reply with quote
My orders have usually been delivered in about 2 weeks (10 working days). The Post Office can be really slack. Rolling Eyes
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Regarding having to pay customs duties...that’s never happened to me (I’ve ordered stuff from the England, Ireland, Canada and Oz) before. I’d freak if I was told I had to cough up some kind of fee for customs! However, I’ve been told that the trick is to request the vendor mark your package as “gift” and you don’t have to worry about customs, so I guess folks should remember to add that request in the ‘comments/special instructions’ box when they place their order with an international vendor....
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I always email and ask them first...a lot of places will not do it. It's not exactly ethical..and different people have different morals.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there.

I have been unlucy to get stung by customs but only once. I cant remember how much it was, I think the customs was maybe £6 but them the post office charged £10 admin fee so I was well peeved. Since then, Ive been careful to keep the orders small. Its better to make 2 or 3 smaller orders and pay the extra postage. I try not to go over £50 per order but Im thinking of getting the large alphaderm which is around £68. Of course, it would be economical to buy the smaller size first and see if I like it, but then that would be too practical. Parcels have taken anything from 6 days to around 3 weeks but that was at christmas so it was expected. Im waiting on 3 parcels now so I hope the post office get their finger out. Good luck Happy Bunny Surprised
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
well now.
I am an expert at getting vat charges on most of my parcels. They charge the british standard tax which is 17.5% on cost written on label and then the nasty post office charge anything between £3 and £8.50 for collecting the vat fee off of you. I can't tell you how angry it makes me. I have been charged £65 before on some camera stuff for my son. Hope you don't get nabbed. I always ask for stuff to be marked a gift but not all will because they can get fined quite heavily for flouting international business laws. Also customs can open parcels so if there is an invoice included inside they can still charge you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
lori...when I order from some places and have it marked gift they say ok, but you won't get a bill...just the confirmation email. Keeps them from getting fined I guess. and one place puts their staff as the return address
Coolnat352
5% products discount

Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:35 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
well now.
I am an expert at getting vat charges on most of my parcels. They charge the british standard tax which is 17.5% on cost written on label and then the nasty post office charge anything between £3 and £8.50 for collecting the vat fee off of you. I can't tell you how angry it makes me. I have been charged £65 before on some camera stuff for my son. Hope you don't get nabbed. I always ask for stuff to be marked a gift but not all will because they can get fined quite heavily for flouting international business laws. Also customs can open parcels so if there is an invoice included inside they can still charge you.

That is true we usually get charged on everything,we get parcels every couple of days, or actually just a little card saying we have added a charge to your parcel!Its very annoying!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:45 am      Reply with quote
The above is my 16 year old daughter. Be gentle especially Guapa as they have already chatted when Nat pretended to be me on MSN

5% products discount

Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Wink Very Happy Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I needed a few of the things in my order for this weekend but its too late now Crying or Very sad

Never mind, I hope it turns up soon (minus the customs charges *crosses fingers*) I love receiving beauty goodies in the post and trying them all out Very Happy
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi all.I placed an order on Monday and it arrived today. Cant believe, that was super quick, and no charges. It was only a small order mind. Has your order arrived Happybunny Cool
happybunny
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
My order still hasn't arrived. I'm really dissappointed, I was so looking forward to receiving my goodies Sad .
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
that sucks happybunny! I hope you don't live in Kent and have the same dork postal worker as my grandma...we send her money and it disappears (even money orders) and she sends us kids money and is disappears too.

It's probably just those damn customs people
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |