Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is the best 50th birthday present I can give myself
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
oneproudmom

Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All!

You don't know me, but I feel like I know most of you very well. I looked at my welcome email and was shocked to see that I have been a member since 11/08, but have posted only 3 times. That is because I'm so lost most of the time that I don't feel I can add to the discussions.

I will be the big 5-0 on Thursday and I am going to ask a very big favor. I would feel so much more like celebrating if I could get my face even slightly better than it is or even have the hope that it will be soon. I hope someone has the time to help.

My skin is a mess-- breakouts, wrinkles galore, etc, much of which is from years of acne. I have spent countless hours reading everything here and beyond. In fact, I started this current search at about 6:00pm last night. I haven't been to bed yet (not good for the skin, I know)and haven't stopped except to eat, etc. I am just determined get a plan to turn things around before I get off of this computer! The more I read, though, the more confused I am.

So, if someone could please give me a basic plan, I would be most grateful. Unfortunately, money is tight until I am able to find a job to return to work (something that my skin is also impacting). I would need to stay under approximately $300 and less would be better.

I am using retin-A, hydroquinone, generic Latisse (all ordered from Canada after reading here), vitamin C&E, Peptides under my eyes. When I use them, though, depends on my breakouts because the only thing that will help at that time is a Skinceuticals Mud Mask followed by alphahydroxy acid. I use a Pretika SonicDermabrasion brush and sleep with tape on my wrinkles at night. I've even made a couple of Kassy's DIY potions. All of these changes came from reading this site extensively, but there hasn't been much improvement.

I would like to do SOMETHING that has a more dramatic result. I have read countless hours (and taken extensive notes) about microdermabrasion machines, LED lights, dermarolling, Safetox, facial exercises, professional angellift, green smoothies and last night even about self injecting!! There are many more that I have read about (almost everything!), but those were items I almost bought at one time or another.

My biggest concerns are (starting at the top and working my way down):
1. Very thin, dry hair
2. Wrinkles that will not relax across my forehead and the 11's.
3. Deep wrinkles around my eyes and at the tops of my cheeks.
4. No fullness in my face.
5. Marionette lines and an extra one resulting from acne scarring.
6. Wrinkles above my lip.
7. Horizontal crease between my lower lip and chin.

Impossible, I know, but ANY help would be so appreciated. Hopefully this could also help someone else just starting out. I am not looking for a plan to last the rest of my life, just for a place to start that would have the potential to make a positive change based on the results members here have seen from their use of the products.

Thank you for your patience in reading my much too long message and for any advice!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Image Image Image Image

Yay you! Happy, Happy, BIG 50 ( Shock ) The good news is, you have 10 years till the real $hit hits the fan... Image

And now for the serious stuff ( Very Happy ) Do you live in the U.S.? If yes, I'd like to send you a little birthday present.. (Part of it is perishable though, thus the U.S.???)

Also, my guess based on what you wrote is your skin may be oily on the outside, yet dehydrated under the surface.. Can you confirm that, or clarify a bit..?

So the best news now is that you have finally come back to EDS, where not only does misery like company, but you will find that you are in the same boat as so many of us... In other words, sink or swim

Sending BIG birthday hugs to ya Sweetie .. Image

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,you made roll with laughter!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
whats ur budget?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Imho:

1). for the hair - high frequency device + good shampoo/conditioner (Dr. Alkaitis, John Masters - are the two I like)

2). For the face/neck:

a). Vivant 15% Mandelic 3-in-1 serum - fantastic for acne, pigmentation and wrinkles

b). Good skincare (I like natural products - Dr. Alkaitis, Beautifulonraw skin cream, Seachi); many DIY recommendations are excellent as well (Kassy is The Expert)

c). Flexeffect facial exercise program (imho - quite effective and worth the money)

d). Lightstim - very effective if used regularly (timer helps, Kassy's pretreatment serum, etc.)

If you can go extra mile money-wise - I like Slendertone for muscle stimulation; some people like Safetox (I never used one, so can not comment)

Pick the ones that appeal to you, and Happy Birthday!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
well all the stuff above is gonna cost a fortune with no visible or instant results.

I think u should have Sciton Profractional XC or skintyte (my sister is having profractional done for $500 u see final results in 3 to 4 months)
u should get some botox and fillers. for fillers Selphyl seems to last longer and works best for under eye. then u can get a good skin care line.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:26 am      Reply with quote
I would highly recommend the Botani Olive Repair Cream - An intensive moisturising repair cream, enriched with Olive Squalene and Botani Olive Skin Serum - Nature’s Facelift. Moisturiser & Skin Antioxidant
This is the ultimate anti-ageing, hydrating and scar treating serum formula of Olive Squalene, enriched with Vitamins C and E. Leaves the skin smooth silky & radiant.

My mom has been using these two products for 2 year after her 50-year-old b-day. She loves them very much !!! (btw she is apply those 2 products at night)
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:55 am      Reply with quote
try orlane extreme system pruducts,, they have lip line reducing and eye line reducing products ,,,also it is one sale now.....in EDS they have a gift pack ,,very good
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:17 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Imho:

1). for the hair - high frequency device + good shampoo/conditioner (Dr. Alkaitis, John Masters - are the two I like)

2). For the face/neck:

a). Vivant 15% Mandelic 3-in-1 serum - fantastic for acne, pigmentation and wrinkles

b). Good skincare (I like natural products - Dr. Alkaitis, Beautifulonraw skin cream, Seachi); many DIY recommendations are excellent as well (Kassy is The Expert)

c). Flexeffect facial exercise program (imho - quite effective and worth the money)

d). Lightstim - very effective if used regularly (timer helps, Kassy's pretreatment serum, etc.)

If you can go extra mile money-wise - I like Slendertone for muscle stimulation; some people like Safetox (I never used one, so can not comment)

Pick the ones that appeal to you, and Happy Birthday!

sigma, the Vivant %15 Mandelic 3-in-1 serum is not available for internet & phone order, and hence is not available for Canadian customers. Would you mind saying what the ingredients are in this serum? I wonder if I can use Nucelle Mandelic or MaMa lotion instead.
Thank you

Thank you.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I tried Nucelle, and did not like it - no effect whatsoever.

IMO, it would be worth to find a place that gives "telephone" consultations and then sens it over, or may be a local beautician.

RussianSunshine, I currently run out of it, and am awaiting my new order. Once I get it I will PM you the ingredients and the place, may be they would ship to Canada.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
If you have breakouts and adult acne you may want to look in to hormone replacement therapy, bioidentical etc.
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
I second the hormone therapy. It could help with your thinning hair too, and maybe other things that are bothering you. I recommend a good book by Thierry Hertoghe, The Hormone Solution.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your replies. I don't know what happened to it, but I wrote a lengthy reply on Friday night and it seems to have disappeared. I guess I did something wrong. I'll try again, although I probably won't remember half of it. Just know that it was far funnier and enlightened than the one I will write now. Wink

Kassy, if this isn't the $hit hitting the fan I am in big trouble! When I first saw your response with the happy dancing emoticons my reaction was to burst into tears. I'm a mess--inside and out and I don't like it! I am hoping that by 60, if things keep going as they are, my vision and/or memory will catch up so that I won't know or care how I look. And I do live in the US--in the great state of Misery--I mean Missouri.

As to my skin type, I cannot imagine that it would be considered oily inside or out now. Up until I was 30ish I was oily, but fairly clear. Once I hit 30 the acne started and hasn't stopped. Three rounds of accutane didn't clear me up, but it did dry me out.

As for budget, Lucyluc, I have seen some gadgets on EDS for around $300ish. That is pushing it for me, but I would rather stretch and buy something effective. I was thinking, after spending many hours reading on here and elsewhere that one of the gadgets might be the biggest bang for my buck. After reading the other replies, though, I'm not so sure since that wasn't what was primarily suggested. I had been considering a microdermabrasion machine, one of the LEDs, or derma rolling. From what I have read I was thinking the LEDs and derma rolling might help with skin and hair and microdermabrasion with skin only, but maybe have a more immediate effect.

As to skin care and makeup products, I poured thru everything on the middle ageless site (which I learned about on EDS) and have been trying to incorporate her recommendations. It was a little easier to look at one person's program than trying to pick and choose from the thousands of ideas on EDS. I must say, though that not all of our issues (mine and Rosina's) are the same. Having said that, though, I have recently switched to the following products she recommends: Lancome foundation, Halo powder, Korres primer, John Frieda shampoo for volume (a bit drying for me), etc. I have not yet ordered any of the Skin Active items since I have so much expensive skincare that I am trying to use up. I haven't really given all of them a fair try. I also haven't started taking all of her recommended vitamins yet, although I have introduced a few.

Sigma, what device were you referring to when you mentioned a "high frequency device" for my hair? One of the LEDs? Would it also be beneficial for my skin?

Gretchen, I have looked into bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. Since I have had a breast cancer scare, though, my doctor doesn't want me on hormones.

The problem I have is choosing a product after reading the volumes written about it. It seems that time and time again I begin to read a thread and get excited about a product only to find later in a later post that the same people have become disillusioned by it. I know no product works for everyone, but I have a hard time finding ones that continue to please people over time.

What seems to be the consensus about effective products/devices that are effective? Am I correct in my conclusion that derma-rolling, LED's and facial exercises seem most effective overall? I know that that is a tough one to answer, but I also know that there are many on here who have tried many products and know far more than I do. Are the skincare products and potions overall more effective than the gadgets do you think or the reverse?

Until then I will continue to follow Kassi's suggestion that wine is better than or equal to green smoothies. That is a suggestion I can embrace and put into the program immediately!

Again, thank you for all of your input.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi oneproudmom

I don't have a lot of time, so I just wanted to pick up one thing - once you have decided on a gadget, start watching eBay. I picked up a new, boxed Clarisonic Pro for £75; I got a Stop for about half the price (can't remember exactly how much) - and I've sold my own mint-condition Safetox for about half price too. Gadgets are good to buy on eBay because people get bored with them quickly. Also, if you decide a gadget isn't doing it for you, you can probably resell on eBay for much the same price you bought it for!

Another tip - start reading threads from the last page, then work back. That way you find out immediately whether the majority of users are still raving or not, and also what problems have surfaced.

Ive just started green smoothies in an attempt to plump my sag from the inside out, so I'll post a review in that thread if/when I see anything happen.

Good luck on your quest! Smile
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Oneproudmom,

I have faced sort of similar issues with the skin - having acne (from facial hair) and fighting wrinkles at the same time. I have very reactive skin, with old/new acne scars (and getting electrolysis for facial hair), and a bit of thinning hair on my head in one area.

I mentioned what worked for me, and I had tried tons of staff. If you had medical issues (even if it is high blood pressure, or someone in your immediate family had an embolic stroke/mini-stroke before menopause) hormone replacement would not be an option. It is also unclear if you need it, if your acne started in 30ties.

Facial Exercise imho is extremely important. Good diet (smoothies, fruits and vegetables) and good supplements - imho are also crucial.

High Frequency Device - is fantastic for acne and at the same time helps with fight against wrinkles (www.beautifulonraw.com - check her website); and it also helps with thinning hair. I use mine daily.

LEDs - I would recommend Lightstim, but only if you are going to use it (it takes about 40 min for the face). I discovered that nothing would work if it is in the drawer. So eventually I bought one more, so I can do it in 20 minutes instead.

In terms of topicals - I had excellent results with Mandelic; and after many trials and errors I settled into Dr. Alkaitis/Beautifulonraw/Seachi skincare. After some medical scares I try to stick to more naturals/organic skincare in the quest to avoid absorption of chemicals thru the skin.

Also, one does not have to get everything at once, I accumulated many gadgets over time (most of them were useless), but found these few to be truly effective.

None of these things will give you an immediate gratification, but results will be forthcoming with effort and dedication (for me it was within a few months or sooner).

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, leave it to me to have you "bursting into tears".. Embarassed Laughing

I promise, I will make it up to you Wink .. Before you buy any gadgets, I have a couple I don't have the time (or inclination) to use anymore, and as long as you don't mind gently used, I would like to give you them as a gift..(And of course, shipping is on me too.)

Vaculifter (lg body)
Time Machine (it's like microcurrent, and also has a massage feature
LED
Original Flex Effect Program (facial exercise)

I'll also include a couple of DIY serums, loaded with nice actives.

Feel free to PM me with your address if that sounds good to you..

In the meantime, my best advice is to keep your credit card safely in your wallet, until you thoroughly research what will give you the most bang for your buck... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi sigma - What is the high frequency device? I love the site you posted - she has a wonderful massage for the face. I have never seen her website though - so THANKS... still could not find a HF there. Maybe not looking around enough?

I too am a fan of the AALS - LED device and recommend this for our new EDS friend who is turning 50. Of course - as Sigma has said - the caveat is it must be used. I'd say daily in the beginning and 3X a week after to maintain results.

DIY serums are reasonable in terms of dollars and good return. I'd certainly check out Kassy's DIY.
A less expensive option and one that I advocate and have done almost daily for the last three years is facial exercise. You can find some free ones on line but I would invest in a program for more comprehensive results: Flex Effect is good and I also like Facial yoga (some free out there) and Carole Maggio 8-minutes Superset...

Also - free - Facial massage is truly wonderful for the skin. Definately recommend that. Can be done in 3 minutes as you apply creams etc.

sigma wrote:
Oneproudmom,

I have faced sort of similar issues with the skin - having acne (from facial hair) and fighting wrinkles at the same time. I have very reactive skin, with old/new acne scars (and getting electrolysis for facial hair), and a bit of thinning hair on my head in one area.

I mentioned what worked for me, and I had tried tons of staff. If you had medical issues (even if it is high blood pressure, or someone in your immediate family had an embolic stroke/mini-stroke before menopause) hormone replacement would not be an option. It is also unclear if you need it, if your acne started in 30ties.

Facial Exercise imho is extremely important. Good diet (smoothies, fruits and vegetables) and good supplements - imho are also crucial.

High Frequency Device - is fantastic for acne and at the same time helps with fight against wrinkles (www.beautifulonraw.com - check her website); and it also helps with thinning hair. I use mine daily.

LEDs - I would recommend Lightstim, but only if you are going to use it (it takes about 40 min for the face). I discovered that nothing would work if it is in the drawer. So eventually I bought one more, so I can do it in 20 minutes instead.

In terms of topicals - I had excellent results with Mandelic; and after many trials and errors I settled into Dr. Alkaitis/Beautifulonraw/Seachi skincare. After some medical scares I try to stick to more naturals/organic skincare in the quest to avoid absorption of chemicals thru the skin.

Also, one does not have to get everything at once, I accumulated many gadgets over time (most of them were useless), but found these few to be truly effective.

None of these things will give you an immediate gratification, but results will be forthcoming with effort and dedication (for me it was within a few months or sooner).

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
OMG, leave it to me to have you "bursting into tears".. Embarassed Laughing

I promise, I will make it up to you Wink .. Before you buy any gadgets, I have a couple I don't have the time (or inclination) to use anymore, and as long as you don't mind gently used, I would like to give you them as a gift..(And of course, shipping is on me too.)

Vaculifter (lg body)
Time Machine (it's like microcurrent, and also has a massage feature
LED
Original Flex Effect Program (facial exercise)

I'll also include a couple of DIY serums, loaded with nice actives.

Feel free to PM me with your address if that sounds good to you..

In the meantime, my best advice is to keep your credit card safely in your wallet, until you thoroughly research what will give you the most bang for your buck... Very Happy

Now this above **** is a birthday bonanza! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Sigma - found it...! Thanks.... Tonia is so inspiring. Sorry to be OT everyone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Sis - Tonya on beautifulonraw calls it Violet Ray (here is the link http://www.beautifulonraw.com/natural-beauty-store/high-frequency-device-violet-ray.html ).

It is also called High Frequency, D'Arsonval, etc. The one I have is the same one as on Tonya's website (by Garfield Paragon), others on this forum are happy with other manufacturers.

BTW, I also like Vaculifter and Tanaka massage, I was just not doing them lately.

And Kassy's generous offer shows you a truly beautiful person - inside and out!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
oneproudmom wrote:

My biggest concerns are (starting at the top and working my way down):
1. Very thin, dry hair
2. Wrinkles that will not relax across my forehead and the 11's.
3. Deep wrinkles around my eyes and at the tops of my cheeks.
4. No fullness in my face.
5. Marionette lines and an extra one resulting from acne scarring.
6. Wrinkles above my lip.
7. Horizontal crease between my lower lip and chin.

Congratulations on your upcoming birthday!Very Happy I'm almost four years ahead of you with some similar issues. I'll keep my recommendations brief; you won't be able to afford them all at once but I thought you might like the info in case you want to save up:

1. I treated my thinning hair problem with Biotin in vitamin form, topical application of Megatek and Folica for Blondes, and Synthroid (prescription thyroid medication). My hair (which is 4-5 inches past my shoulders) has stopped falling out and appears to be filling back in. Henna/indigo treatments and deep conditioning make it shiny.

2. Botox has eliminated my deep horizontal forehead wrinkle (now I no longer have to wear bangs!) and the 11's between the brows. Prices vary, but $300 probably wouldn't cover more than one area unless you find a deal.

3. An Erbium laser peel around my eyes got rid of wrinkles and crepey skin; this is maintained with Botox, retin-A and peptides (although I may be due for another peel in 8 months or so). You'd probably have to save up for this down the road, if you're getting it as a separate treatment.

4.- 7. I don't have experience with these, but it's my understanding that injectables are the remedy for lack of fullness and laser or chemical peels address surface wrinkles. Both probably cost more than you want to spend right now. Facial exercises are good for marionette lines caused by drooping cheeks (not wrinkles caused by repetitious movement).

I have the AALS and am very happy with it for plumping and firming the skin (especially my turkey wattle), but I'm not sure it will provide dramatic results with respect to your issues. Dermarolling really helped my hands (thin, crepy skin) but left me with chronic redness in the face. If I had acne, I would invest in the AALS blue light and apply salicylic acid and antibiotics(but it sounds like you might not still have breakouts.)

I hope you can use some of this information. It sounds like you're doing the right things...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Sis - Tonya on beautifulonraw calls it Violet Ray (here is the link http://www.beautifulonraw.com/natural-beauty-store/high-frequency-device-violet-ray.html ).

It is also called High Frequency, D'Arsonval, etc. The one I have is the same one as on Tonya's website (by Garfield Paragon), others on this forum are happy with other manufacturers.

Do you have the handheld or the box(Professional) model?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Sis - I have the handheld one.

I started going for electrolysis, and take it with me. Otherwise my skin does not tolerate it at all.

Just wanted to mention that once I switched to Dr. Alkaitis shampoo and started doing High Frequency on my hair - it stopped falling and within a couple of months my hairdresser was asking me what had I done that caused the improvement.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Sis - I have the handheld one.

I started going for electrolysis, and take it with me. Otherwise my skin does not tolerate it at all.

Just wanted to mention that once I switched to Dr. Alkaitis shampoo and started doing High Frequency on my hair - it stopped falling and within a couple of months my hairdresser was asking me what had I done that caused the improvement.

HTH

Thanks Sigma - that's great.
I'd love to try it....Pricey but an interesting ingredient listing:

Ingredients
Organic Aloe Vera Gel*, Distilled water, Coconut Oil/Amino Acid (sarcosine and hydroxysultaine) Cleansing Base, Vegetable Glycerin, Dr. Alkaitis’ Hair & Scalp Herbal Complex (Horsetail*, Oat Buds*, Coltsfoot*, Wild Chamomile†, Lacris*, Boxwood, Greater Nettle*, Comfrey*, White Man’s Foot*, Garden Sage*, Panama Bark†, Dulse†, Rosemary*, Jojoba*, Mexican Sarsaparilla, Aztec Marigold* and Wild Andean Rose†), Vitamin B-5, Hydrolyzed natural Rice Protein, Grapefruit Seed Extract, full spectrum natural Vitamin E Complex (D- alpha, beta, gamma, delta tocopherols and tocotrienols), natural Vitamins C, F and A complexes, 100% Pure Essential Oils

* Certified organically grown

Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I am in awe of the kindness I have found here! Thank you all for taking the time to read my post and respond with your great suggestions. And Kassi, I don't even know where to begin to thank you for your kind offer. I will PM you, but wanted to thank you here, too. Please do not feel that you need to give me your items. I would be happy to pay you for them. They have already helped, though, because regardless of what they might do for my skin, you certainly made me feel great on the inside! Of course I would love to try any of your legendary DIY serums. So many people here have raved about them.

Karenlee, those are great ideas. It makes so much sense to read the last posts first. Now if I can only resist the compelling desire to read each and every entry and in order. Good to know about the prices on ebay, too.

Sigma, it sounds like our skin issues are very similar. Facial hair has been a big cause of acne for me too. Last year I found a Groupon for Laser hair removal and was able to get 4 sessions for under $100! It has helped with breakouts on my chin. Also, I will look into the High Frequency Device and the Dr. Alkaitis shampoo. I would love to do something about my hair. I use volume hair products and they help but my scalp is still visible on top. It is great to know what has worked for you as it might very well help me too.

Tessera, I have hypothyroidism too! It was finally discovered (along with very low iron) after 2+ years of feeling miserable. I feel like I was in a fog for those 2+ years. I take armour thyroid now, a natural one my GYN recommends. Orally I also take Biotin and spironolactone and topically use rogaine, but still thin. I will look into the other products you mentioned. Also, I am watching for a good botox/filler Groupon! Oh, and I definitely still have breakouts--boy do I have breakouts.

Again, thank you all. I am learning so much and the comraderie can't be beat! My goal was to be 50 and fabulous by my Bday, but now I'm thinking that maybe I can get there in my 50th year.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |