Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Blackheads and large pores
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have very large pores on my nose and usually a lot of blackheads and whiteheads... does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?
takiko
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I really recommend you to use the Egg Soap from holika Holika this is exactly the solution for your skin problem! this soap can tighten large pores as well as help reducing whiteheads and blackheads on your face! It has a really nice smell, and it's handmade too!
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am using the tradition exfoliating serum / lotion which contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) lactic acid and malic acid, and BHA salicylic acid.

or you can also tried the product which can control the # of whitehead and min. the pores http://www.nucelle.com/nucelle3a.htm
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:49 am      Reply with quote
AA LightStim reduced the size of my pores. As for the black & white head, I'd definitely try BHA to keep your pores clean. I'm a long time fan of Paula's Choice BHA.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm I guess I'll give PC's BHA another shot... I've used it before, but never really saw much results, but I'll try it again since everyone raves about it
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Do you remember how long you used the BHA last time? It can take a few+ weeks to really make a difference. Also I think the liquid formula is the best formula.
SecretB5StopsAcne
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:04 am      Reply with quote
The best way to get rid of blackheads naturally is by applying lemon juice and cinnamon powder. Grind one or two cinnamon sticks to make a fine powder. Add lemon juice to it to make a paste. Put it on the blackheads for a few minutes and then wash off with warm water. The exfoliating effect of cinnamon helps to get rid of blackheads. You can apply Rose extract that help to close the enlarge pores and improve the skin texture.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I only used the BHA for about two weeks. I didn't like using it because it didn't allow my moisturizer to stay on very well, especially since I wasn't using a PC moisturizer. I recently just completely switched over to PC products so I'm giving it another try...

also, I heard that lemon juice wasn't too great for the skin because it's more damaging than healing?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:55 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
I only used the BHA for about two weeks. I didn't like using it because it didn't allow my moisturizer to stay on very well, especially since I wasn't using a PC moisturizer. I recently just completely switched over to PC products so I'm giving it another try...

also, I heard that lemon juice wasn't too great for the skin because it's more damaging than healing?

I also had trouble applying anything on top of the PC BHA product.
Peachine

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I find that a microfiber cloth helps for blackheads. After you wash your face and it is still wet, you can dampen a microfiber cloth and gentle rub it in circles over the clogged pores. The "hairs" on the microfiber cloth are even tinier than a human hair so it can reach in and clean out the pore very well.

For whiteheads, if it is close to the surface, I will place an acne sticker over it at night. The next morning, all the white stuff will be in the sticker and your whitehead will be flattened. It's very gentle and works quicker than other treatments I've tried (such as spot treatment masks.)
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:32 am      Reply with quote
What's an "acne sticker" and how do I get one?
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggest you don't use soap on your face, but instead

- use a gentlier foaming facial wash such as Obagi gentle Aloe foaming gel.
Use warm water to wash your face with foaming and circular motion.
- use an extractor tool for blackheads or biore white sticker nose pad if you prefer. It will gently remove blackheads. (I prefer the extractor tool for blackheads because you can get rid of the blackheads completely without harming the skin)
- use water-based moisturizer you can find. Don't use any oil-based moisturizer.

You have to do this for a couple of weeks. The result will be appear overnight though, but it will diminish your blackheads effectively.

Also, try to avoid oily foods as possible...

And DO NOT POKE YOUR NOSE WITH YOUR HANDS!!!

Hope this helps.

oasisjc wrote:
I have very large pores on my nose and usually a lot of blackheads and whiteheads... does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I heard the biore blackhead removers were really bad, and when I tried it, they only made my blackheads worse =/

do you think moving the nose around too much induces oil production? lol it's a weird question, but I tend to flare my nose a lot
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I think if our genetics grant us with large pores that tend to clog, they will be there (it will never be "non issue" like for those who have naturally clear skin), but we can manage them.

I use

1) extractor tool regularly (used to use every week, now once a month as it is not needed that much anymore)

2) clay mask or similar natural mask for de-cloging and detoxing the pores about once a week

3) Retin A 5 nights of the week

4) pure Emu oil or Avacado oil for moisturizing (doesn't clog the pores)

5) on certain days during the month I use Clindet pads (prescription) to wipe the face in the morning and at night ( because during these days my hormones prompt more blackheads and cause breakouts)

6) Vitamin C - EmergenC 20% in the morning

7) Mineral powder make up - "Ferro" light on the skin, but with zinc for sun protection (doesn't clog the pores, but hides them pretty well too)
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've never tried the biore remover pads, but my friend liked them. But I've used extractor tools and it really works. The only thing is that every night, you MUST clean your face very well with gentle foaming gel cleanser (not with soap).... Not an expensive regimen to do but it really works!!!

oasisjc wrote:
I heard the biore blackhead removers were really bad, and when I tried it, they only made my blackheads worse =/

do you think moving the nose around too much induces oil production? lol it's a weird question, but I tend to flare my nose a lot
misspisces
5% products discount

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Peachine wrote:
I find that a microfiber cloth helps for blackheads. After you wash your face and it is still wet, you can dampen a microfiber cloth and gentle rub it in circles over the clogged pores. The "hairs" on the microfiber cloth are even tinier than a human hair so it can reach in and clean out the pore very well.

For whiteheads, if it is close to the surface, I will place an acne sticker over it at night. The next morning, all the white stuff will be in the sticker and your whitehead will be flattened. It's very gentle and works quicker than other treatments I've tried (such as spot treatment masks.)

I'm interested in knowing what an acne sticker is as well.

Getting facials will make a huge difference. You will get a deep exfoliation and extractions. Does wonders for my skin.
yyinghung

Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Neostrata cleanser every night. It seems quite work on my black head and white head.

Also, I will have exfoliator twice a week and do the mud mask once a week. It seems have some improvement. I think deep clean is quite important to improve the black head and whitehead.
Peachine

Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
The acne stickers I use are this brand: Nexcare Acne Patch

It is a semi-clear patch that you can put over a whitehead (that is close to the surface) and it draws out the white stuff. I put one on before I sleep. Afterward, the pimple is flat and can heal, and the patch is filled with the white stuff. Kind of gross, but these work! There are some reviews online that can explain it better and they have pictures of the product. I order them from ebay. They are from Asia so I can't find them in the US. An asian store might have them.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Peachine wrote:
The acne stickers I use are this brand: Nexcare Acne Patch

It is a semi-clear patch that you can put over a whitehead (that is close to the surface) and it draws out the white stuff. I put one on before I sleep. Afterward, the pimple is flat and can heal, and the patch is filled with the white stuff. Kind of gross, but these work! There are some reviews online that can explain it better and they have pictures of the product. I order them from ebay. They are from Asia so I can't find them in the US. An asian store might have them.

Do they physically pull out the whitehead, or is it some type of exfoliant that helps polish it down to extract the whitehead?
Peachine

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
They physically pull it out. It works gently though. There are no exfoliants in it.
misspisces
5% products discount

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Wow. That's amazing. I am very intrigued! I'm definitely going to give those stickers a try. They are good for white heads (not blackheads)?
Aryanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:

same here! i feel they get more clogged the day after i use those strips. I also see my nose full of black dots in few hours.

I've been using clarisonic for a week now. It helps to clear my nose and making the t-zone less oily.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Using Vitamin C made my blackheads worse. I want to use it for other reasons, so I've started using it only every other night, alternating with LacSal (lactic acid and salicylic acid). I'll see if that is the best of both worlds. If I still have problems, I'll have to forget about using C on my face and use up the bottle on my arms or hands maybe.
misspisces
5% products discount

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've bought the acne stickers off of ebay. I will definitely let everyone know what I think. I did a search online and those stickers are definitely getting tons of good reviews.
LavishyourlIfe

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I too have heard the pore strips are bad... I have used them in the past hoping that it would clear my whiteheads and pull the grit out of my open pores.
My hairdresser who also is a licensed esthetician suggest that you get a highly declogging or purifying facial once a month. She does not reccomend using a hand tool to remove the black heads, this will potentially cause the skin around the blackhead to loose elasticity, since your pulling on it. Using your fingers is not ideal, instead use two q-tips. I use q-tip after I steam my face, so my pores are open. If the pore is open enough I dip my q-tips in my gentle clarify toner (ph balanced) and extract that way. The best way to extract is with a machine that most estheticians own.
My father had the worst large pores, he used to wash his face with hot hot water to open his pores, the splash cool water after wards to tighten them back up. I guess I can blame my father for my large pores.
I have yet to find a product that helps me out, but my esthetician is going to start carrying NuSkin from (Aveda) and I almost have her into looking at 302 products.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |