Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Can someone suggest a good mask?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shaundizzle
5% products discount

Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I have normal/dry acne prone skin. I have never had a facial or used a mask before, and i recently decided to start taking care of my skin because i noticed my dad has all kinds of crappy looking skin - and my mom who's 50 has flawless skin, i dont even think she has any wrinkles.

Anyways im looking for something to help with my acne and blackheads without overdrying or stripping off too much oil leaving my skin bear. If it has any other kinds of benefits - antiaging, vitamins, etc thatd be cool too!

Thanks!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
The Skinceuticals Clarifying Clay mask is good.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Queen Helene's Mint julep mask is a great one and has received the most reviews on MUA. It is a very basic mask, but it is also very drying (which is why it's so good for acne and blackheads), so you should also have a good moisturizer too.
takiko
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
If you want to help your acne/blackhead, I would recommend you to try Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask This is a really really good clay mask, especially for problem skin! highly recommended for you!
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:05 am      Reply with quote
try the Eminence Hungarian Herbal Mud Treatment; however this mask is a very HOT mask, if you can tolerate it the result is very good. It is a powerful anti-Blemish and detoxifying masque for oily and problem skin types.

Very Happy
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:35 am      Reply with quote
I have the same skin type as you. My favorite masks are SkinCeuticals B5 and Garden of Wisdom Sulfur Mask. I also really like making the aspirin mask and adding green tea and honey.
raissa
5% products discount

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
The Mineral Mask by DHC is lovely.
Aryanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I like Michael Todd's Kaolin Clay and Avocado Mask. Really refreshing!!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
If you want to try Aztec clay mask, I heard it's extremely good, although there are some serious side effects that some people have experienced before.
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Concha Nacar de Perlop bleach cream. It's not really a bleach cream, it's a gentle salicylic acid mask. A good place to start because its inexpensive and you can see how your skin reacts to a clay mask with a little exfoliating help on those blackheads.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
use the Eminence Hungarian Herbal Mud Treatment but be careful it is a HOT mask. but it is a very powerful Anti-Blemish and detoxifying Masque for oily and problem skin types.

My sister has many acne. she uses it once every week or every 2 weeks, her acne has improved after 1 to 2 months usage.
SecretB5StopsAcne
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 12:47 am      Reply with quote
Facial masks can tighten pores, stimulate circulation or deep moisturize your skin. Facial mask with clay are great for cleansing and tightening, while masks with rich in natural plant oils are excellent for hydrating and repairing dry, aging or damaged skin. Kaolin Clay also called white cosmetic clay is best for normal, dry, mature and sensitive skin types.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I like Freeman Pineapple Enzyme.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=91603/Facial_Enzyme_Mask_Pineapple/Freeman/Masks
Teva

Tue May 17, 2011 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Honey mixed with apple or orange pulp is best home made mask for all type of skin for basic skin care

* moderated to remove self-promotion

5% products discount

Tue May 17, 2011 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I suggest you try the aspirin mask! It's very cheap and it has worked wonderfully for people for drying out their blackheads and also exfoliating their skin since it becomes a gritty paste.

Try to experiment with adding honey, aloe, lemon or whatever your skin needs or likes for different needs!
CarrieH
5% products discount

Tue May 17, 2011 6:53 am      Reply with quote
UNBLEMISH Acne Treatment Sulfur Wash is a medicated cleanser with 3% sulfur to unclog pores and reduce redness. Wash can be used as a mask. And no it doesn't smell like eggs Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2011 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
The absolute best mask for blackheads and blemishes is the Ghassoul Lava Clay from SheaTerraOrganics. It mixes well with either the rose water or orange water that they sell (the orange is more astringent).

They also sell the mask already prepared as Ghassoul L'eau de (rose or orange) Purifying Paste.

It has an awesome 'pull' to clear out the skin, and also makes the skin healthier with the minerals in the mud.
clare77
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2011 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Korres Yogurt mask (or a DIY mask from plain yogurt) can benefit all types of skin. It is hydrating, but also can benefit acne and oily skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
The mask with the strongest 'pull' to clear out the pores is Ghassoul clay. You can buy it from SheaTerraOrganics.com or ZamouriSpices.com. The clay and rosewater are very cheap too.
The REN Glycolic peel is very gentle but effective, as is the REN Clear Calm 3 mask.
The Pangea Organics Japanese Matcha Tea mask is good for anything!!!!

I think you should try the Ghassoul clay first though. You can mix it with plain water or buy rosewater (very soothing) to mix it (both STO and ZS carry rosewater). The minerals in the clay also soften and 'feed' the skin. It's my all time favorite mask and I am the undisputed Queen of Masks! Smile
HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
There's also a brand called Aztec. It's made of pure bentonite and you're supposed to mix it with apple cider vinegar to turn it into a mask. I haven't tried it myself but I've been wanting to for a while and can't find it in Canada.

Here's some reviews you can look at http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=74122/Aztec---Indian-Healing-Clay/Unlisted-Brand/Masks
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:41 am      Reply with quote
I love Garden of Wisdom Sulfur Mask. I previously used DDF's sulfur mask (which is also very good) for a long time but like GoW better.
tckmtracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I don't think you need to find some facial mask which are for acne if you are normal to dry skin.
Mild deep cleansing mask is good for you. Or you can use scrub. Acne mask may irritate your skin. Love lettuce from Lush is good for deep cleansing and will not make you skin dry.
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I like the PSF Pumpkin Enzyme Peel!
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:16 am      Reply with quote
It is suitable for sensitive skin?

queenielau718 wrote:
use the Eminence Hungarian Herbal Mud Treatment but be careful it is a HOT mask. but it is a very powerful Anti-Blemish and detoxifying Masque for oily and problem skin types.

My sister has many acne. she uses it once every week or every 2 weeks, her acne has improved after 1 to 2 months usage.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Lewinns Antiaging mask. It's a clay mas that really helps to smooth out the skin. Expensive but very good. I use it daily, using it prior to foundation really allows for the perfect application.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |