Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
A bra for wide-spaced breasts?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Lemon
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've been searching for a while for a bra that fits my chest in a complimentary way. I have been sized before as a 32 B (but I can also wear 34 A) but that hasn't really helped me.

As you can tell I'm pretty small chested. However, my breasts are also spaced relatively far apart (meaning no push up bra will ever give me cleavage). I have found that I tend to fit awkwardly in bras because of this. My breasts leave gaps in the cups even in my correct size because of their overall position, and it never looks seamless under clothing.

Can anyone give me advice about what I can try to achieve a better fit? Does anyone have a similar issue?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
It depends on the brand and the style. That is the only way to find a good bra. I hate buying bras so I take one day every two or three years and spend hours trying them on. You can bring ten different bras all in the same size back to the dressing room and they will all fit you differently. It's maddening.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Lemon wrote:
I've been searching for a while for a bra that fits my chest in a complimentary way. I have been sized before as a 32 B (but I can also wear 34 A) but that hasn't really helped me.

As you can tell I'm pretty small chested. However, my breasts are also spaced relatively far apart (meaning no push up bra will ever give me cleavage). I have found that I tend to fit awkwardly in bras because of this. My breasts leave gaps in the cups even in my correct size because of their overall position, and it never looks seamless under clothing.

Can anyone give me advice about what I can try to achieve a better fit? Does anyone have a similar issue?

Have you tried to find a specialty bra/undergarment store? They will measure and fit you for your needs. Under-wire is a big help with wide spaced breasts.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
You might try a 36a and have it altered in the back? Start with a super-cheap one in case this experiment fails...

I don't like the cross-eyed, pushed-together look, myself, and a brand I have always liked is Warners, especially for t-shirt-bra-type smoothness. You might check them out.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:
You might try a 36a and have it altered in the back? Start with a super-cheap one in case this experiment fails....

NO! No! No! Never do this. If you have worn a 32 band, you will never want to go to a 36 - it will fit you WRONG!

You should go to a specialty lingerie department or store. Nordstrom's has an excellent one, but you can find smaller specialty ones in most locations. You need to get sized properly. It's quite possible the 32 band is not your correct size either. And don't go into Victoria's Secret thinking they can size you properly - they can't.

In either case, a specialty store can help you find the right brand or style for your needs. You might spend hours in there, but with their help, you will know what you need for the future.

I took my daughter out looking for bras recently as her size had gone up quite a bit in the last few years. She hadnt gotten herself properly sized for at least 5 years (her freshman year in collage) and with the help of the ladies where we went (we visited several places) we finally found the style, brand and size she needed. We also found where she could NOT go and what did NOT work - very useful info. (BTW- her size was off two band sizes and 2 cup sizes). An inproperly sized bra will cause all kinds of havoc with how good your clothes lay on you, to back problems to future sag (and needing a lift in the future).

Even I found out I was wearing the wrong size when I eventually got a proper sizing done about 4 years ago - went down one band size and up one cup size.

With your situation, you might find out what style works best for you, and make sure you are in the right size - which can make all the difference in the world in how bras fit and make you look and feel.

If I can ask one question - have you measured around your ribs, right around your braband area? What size is that?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
melanie haber wrote:
You might try a 36a and have it altered in the back? Start with a super-cheap one in case this experiment fails....

NO! No! No! Never do this. If you have worn a 32 band, you will never want to go to a 36 - it will fit you WRONG!

You should go to a specialty lingerie department or store. Nordstrom's has an excellent one, but you can find smaller specialty ones in most locations. You need to get sized properly. It's quite possible the 32 band is not your correct size either. And don't go into Victoria's Secret thinking they can size you properly - they can't.

In either case, a specialty store can help you find the right brand or style for your needs. You might spend hours in there, but with their help, you will know what you need for the future.

I took my daughter out looking for bras recently as her size had gone up quite a bit in the last few years. She hadnt gotten herself properly sized for at least 5 years (her freshman year in collage) and with the help of the ladies where we went (we visited several places) we finally found the style, brand and size she needed. We also found where she could NOT go and what did NOT work - very useful info. (BTW- her size was off two band sizes and 2 cup sizes). An inproperly sized bra will cause all kinds of havoc with how good your clothes lay on you, to back problems to future sag (and needing a lift in the future).

Even I found out I was wearing the wrong size when I eventually got a proper sizing done about 4 years ago - went down one band size and up one cup size.

With your situation, you might find out what style works best for you, and make sure you are in the right size - which can make all the difference in the world in how bras fit and make you look and feel.

If I can ask one question - have you measured around your ribs, right around your braband area? What size is that?

You can see here a guide to how to measure, but I suggest doing as foxe recommended! Been through many fitting having had 4 kids, and added bulk with age. A Proper fit works wonders for comfort and how your clothing fits!

http://ladygrace.com/article.asp?ai=26

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Darn, that link is blocked for me.

I have often gone for smaller cup wider band bras precisely because the cups will cover a wider area and be spaced slightly wider apart. It worked for me, but that was just one band size difference (34C to 36B), and I haven't had any altered in the back.

I doubt that back problems would be an issue for anyone of Lemon's or my size. But, yes, probably a specialty store and fit expert is the place to start.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:30 am      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:

I have often gone for smaller cup wider band bras precisely because the cups will cover a wider area and be spaces slightly wider apart. It worked for me, but that was just one band size difference (34C to 36B), and I haven't had any altered in the back.

I doubt that back problems would be an issue for anyone of Lemon's or my size. But, yes, probably a specialty store and fit expert is the place to start.

hmm it works on mine, the link to the main site isn't copying???

So search Lady Grace Intimates, on the left side you will see fitting guide which shows the proper way to measure. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:58 am      Reply with quote
My work blocks all underwear websites, even the most innocent ones.

Those fit guides never worked for me because, like shoes, every brand and style of bra is different. The best starting point is to go down one band size and up one cup size and take it from there. I thought I wore 34B but found out it's really 32DD. Big difference in how I feel and look!
hellogina

Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem. I dislike using underwire to try and squish my breasts together. Not comfortable, and I can't imagine it's good for them. I also dislike the high prices specialty lingerie stores charge.

This is going to sound weird, but I've found a solution that works for me. I cut the center piece of fabric on my bras, right down the middle, and sew a bit of pretty ribbon to each of the cut ends, making a hem that won't fray. Then I have two ends of ribbon that, when tied together, will create customizable width between the cups. To make it more permanent, you can sew it at the knot so it won't come undone. And you can experiment with bows or little decorations to sew over the knot if you like.

I've only been ambitious enough to do this with a couple of my fancier, "real" bras. For the most part, I just wear bralettes or camis with shelf bras, as they're comfier anyways. Smile

Hope this helps! <3
lotusflower

Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:52 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I struggle with this myself so for anyone else in the same boat - try Calvin Klein's bras, I get mine at Macy's. I also like the gilligan o'malley brand at Target, they're great price/quality, but I think Calvin Klein is wider with the spacing.

I'm a 36A for reference, being tall with a wide rib cage and small breasts means they're spaced far apart. I'd love to hear of other brands that work for people.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:25 am      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:

I have often gone for smaller cup wider band bras precisely because the cups will cover a wider area and be spaced slightly wider apart. It worked for me, but that was just one band size difference (34C to 36B), and I haven't had any altered in the back.

You really should measure correctly regardless of size!
Here You go:

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks DM,

I have not seen this before, I have a minuscule chest and have never been quite sure just what my true size is.

Now where did I put my tape measure Question

5% products discount

Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I had the same problem: namely a broad back and widely spaced breasts of average size. (I usually wear a 38B/C cup.) There is a pumping device in the UK called Noogleberry. I found after using this for an hour whilst I read in bed at night, my breasts have changed in shape and closed the gap. Now I have a cleavage without a bra. Whoopee
Liz
Glenda Goody

Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:23 am      Reply with quote
This is quite a common problem and I blogged on a product which tackles this very issue not so long ago. It's called the 'Magic Cleavage' shapewear bra and it really does do as it says. There is a video on the website or you can see it on youtube working in real time.

As I tried it myself, I can say the results are what you are looking for.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:10 am      Reply with quote
https://trueandco.com/

^^ this website deals with hard to fit situations.. Hope this is helpful! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Lemon wrote:

Have you tried sporty bra? I have similar problem as you do. I do think the bra helps!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |