Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Let's talk haircare for women over 40
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Goose
5% products discount

Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to start a new tread for older women because I feel hair changes over time whether its by hair loss/greying etc. You name it.
I know my hair has certainly changed since my 20's... Confused

I'm just curious how you have changed your haircare routine over the years. These are some questions I had but feel free to share any tips/advice on haircare...I would love to get feedback from everyone.

1. What Shampoo & Conditioner do you use?
2. Do you bother with styling products?
3. What haircut looks best on you?
4. What is your hair type?
5. How do you style your hair? Blowdry, airdry, curlers, ponytail etc.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am currently using Oribe products, also some Alterna as well. (I like to alternate, use many different lines, lol!)

I recently started using a Mason Pearson brush as well.

My hair is curly, waist length. A few greys starting, but not bad. I colour and highlight every 6 months. I straighten my hair with a straightener as well.

I try to baby my hair and use good quality ingredients and appliances. I usually wear it down when I am not working, pulled back in a ponytail when at work .

I use Skinbiology copper and emu oil for my scalp, also Triaxon. (after my daughter was born had lots of hair loss). My hair has really come back. I also take Ridgecrest Hair Revive supplements. Very Happy
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
1. What Shampoo & Conditioner do you use? Oribe and Kerastase.
2. Do you bother with styling products? My hair is thin and falls out, Oribe Texturizing Dry Shampoo fluffs it up.I use it like a hair spray.
3. What haircut looks best on you? shoulder lenght
4. What is your hair type? thin, dry
5. How do you style your hair? Blowdry, airdry, curlers, ponytail etc.Air dry to do less damage to it.
Oribe rocks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:58 pm      Reply with quote

I've been on a big mission to take better care of my hair lately and also trying to grow it longer.

1: Nizorol (harsh but helps me with hair growth) alternating with Biomega Moisture Shampoo (gentle and sulfate free). I try to wash only every other day. I am going to start on a Nioxin regime, am waiting for products in the mail. I'm using a Phyto scalp serum 3 times a week which is supposed to help with hair growth.

2) I do because my semi wavy hair looks bad if I don't blowdry it, and I need heat protection and shine. I've been using Joico styling oil, and a touch of Aveda Brilliance hairspray after drying.

3) Longer hair suits my face the best.

4) Dark blond with light blond highlights, fine, slightly wavy.

5) Blowdry about 3 times per week, low heat and very quickly! I just ordered a new Babyliss hair dryer from Folica and I'm hoping to shorten the drying time even more. I do wear it up at work, but am trying to be very careful, as pony holders have given me some breakage in the past.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I like sulfate free shampoo and am currently using Finesse Pure & Simple. Also, Renpure Hydrating. I don't think that is what it is called. I alternate the Finesse Pure & Simple conditioner with Garnier 3 minute mask.

I depend on styling products to get my fine, thinning hair to do anything. Sally Hershberger Style Primer, John Frieda Luxurious Volume & Bumble & Bumble Styling Spray are my mainstays.

I blowdry my hair with a Revlon Tourmaline T3 knock off, blow drying it mostly upside down and then finishing it with a round brush with the cool air button pressed. This is about as good as I can do for a blow out.

I have a layered shag hair cut to my shoulders with medium layers & side swept bangs. Long hair is what looks best but I can no longer do that look due to hair loss.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Goose wrote:
I wanted to start a new tread for older women because I feel hair changes over time whether its by hair loss/greying etc. You name it.
I know my hair has certainly changed since my 20's... Confused

I'm just curious how you have changed your haircare routine over the years. These are some questions I had but feel free to share any tips/advice on haircare...I would love to get feedback from everyone.

I use Komenuka Bijin Daily hair shampoo and sometimes any of the Kerastase shampoo. As for conditioner, I use Kerastace Resistance...the one in the mint green packaging. Before I shampoo, I use macadamia oil that is applied on dry hair to help moisturize and protect from the shampoo.
2. Do you bother with styling products? I do use a styling product from L'Oreal Professionnel pli tecni art. I don't have to use a lot and it is used when I have velcro rollers to add lift to my hair.
3. What haircut looks best on you? I stick with my natural colour, which is dirty blonde, but I use all over highlights and low lights to give it some added shine. The cut is with layers. I always need layers.
4. What is your hair type? Normal to dry, sometimes it can be like wire, but the macadamia oil help soften those tough strands.
5. How do you style your hair? Blowdry, airdry, curlers, ponytail etc. Normally, I don't blowdry and just airdry. You will never, ever catch me to outside with wet hair. I do use velcro rollers to add some volume. Mainly my hair is down, but I wear ponytails or in a french roll with interesting earrings.

My hair is growing out from shoulder length right now and I always have layers. The cut is to suit my face shape and I allow my hair dresser to style according to age appropriate, but I want a modern look. I don't think when I reach 60, 70 and 80's I will have short hair, just like the senior European women who wear black all the time as if they are in mourning.

At one point, I had to use Nizorol and if that didn't work, it would of been prescription shampoo. I had to use it for scalp issues.

I am very high maintenance with my hair and focus less on makeup.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |