Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My wedding is in 2 months..Desperate for help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
angelique

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I am getting married in 2 months,i am really happy everything is perfect except my skin.. Whenever i look in the mirror i get sad and depressed.
I am 25 and have red acne marks and 2-3 cystic pimples.I used glycolic peels and products for 2 years but they seemed like to increase my acne.Whenever i used glycolic peels, i got a few pimples. In the beginning i thought its because of purging,but now i started to think maybe my skin cant handle a high percentage of glycolic peels (natura bisse %50 glyco peel).. I have read that tca is very effective and tried once the %12.5 with one layer ,i am on my 5th day and my skin looks little bit better, except the one pimple that developed after the peel.I know that i cant create miracles in 2 months but can you please advise me something thats effective for reducing these red acne marks.I can do everything to get rid of them..I will be glad if you can help me..
Thanks
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

First of all: best wishes on your upcoming marriage!

Secondly, you're going to look stunning--a beautiful dress and fancy hair will make you feel gorgeous, even if you have a couple of red spots on your face. I was stressed about my skin before my wedding, and I had a red spot or two that day, but good makeup/concealer covered it up. And failing that, a bit of retouching can remove the red so that your photos will be great. The upshot: don't stress about it too much, and I highly recommend getting massages for stress.

What I would do is cut sugar and dairy from my diet and go to a GP or dermatologist ASAP (explain the urgency of your situation) to get help. I think your best bet might be an antibiotic, but of course follow your dr's advice for your time frame. Two months is long enough to get the active acne calmed down (and peels and whatnot will only inflame it further) and red spots typically fade by themselves in about 6 weeks, so with antibiotics you have a good shot at being clear or almost clear on the day. (My skin cleared up within a week on antibiotics. Then afterwards taper off so you don't get a rebound...)

If you have a strong aversion to antibiotics, we can try to suggest other things, but since so much trial and error is involved with getting clear, it's bound to take 6 months-ish without the antibiotic boost. And you can eat greek yogurt every morning to offset the flora-killing...

Hope this helps,
Kay

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:16 am      Reply with quote
You need the big guns Angelique. Go to cosmetic cop website and get her samples of 2%BHA liquid and blemish fighting solution. These are the only two things that I use together that totally eradicates my break outs, and now as maintenance keeps my skin flawless.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Are you on the birth control pill? They are generally good for clearing up the skin.

Exercise and meditate for stress. Stress will make you break out as well.
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, and I meant to ask/mention: it's probably best to be gentle with your skin--what all are you using besides the peels?

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I am on the pill and use a basic cleanser la roche posay sunscreen and guerlain aqua mouisturiser and the natura bisse glyco peel.I peeled from tca and the new skin looks little bit better,but i got a new pimple after the peel which hurts:( what should i do
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's wonderful......!!!!

I'm a lifetime acne sufferer so I understand fully and deeply. You didn't say if you're seeing a dermatologist but if not I would go just for this event. I'm not big on antibiotics for the long term but for this I would say take them until you get married. Something like doxycycline 100mg. a day. Don't forget the probiotics if you take AB.

Other things I use and swear by are Tazorac gel, it's a retinoid like Retin_A that they use for psoriasis but also acne, works really really well if used religiously. It has the effects of collagen production and cell turnover effect so helps with red spots and blotches too.

Clinadamycin gel is antibiotic that you can use along with the Tazorac.

Only wash your face in the morning and at night unless it's super oily because too frequent washings just disturb the oil balance (increase oil production) and is really irritating to already irritated skin. Use something really mild, like Shikaii sensitive skin wash for faces.

When you get a pimple NEVER touch it, unless it's ready to gush over because it will go away faster if untouched. Put a tiny dab of Benzoyl peroxide on pimples at night.

Hope this helps.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
thank you very much for your best wishes and advices..
What i am wonderin is, do you have any suggestions for the old red acne marks. Should i do another tca in 2 weeks or is it too soon?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
angelique - I'm going to suggest you start taking Hyaluronic acid supplements - at least 100 mg a day. Almost any site you read will profess how much it helps your skin look better and will fill your lips out too!

I also suggest starting green drinks daily - this helps detox - get all the stuff out so your face can glow in two months. No more junk food - eating lots of greens, veggies and fruits. No more soda.
Eating well will start to show on the outside just in time for the big day.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
I try to eat very healthy, eat at least 5 fruits and veggies per day,one cup of yogurt, musli and drink green tea almost every day,but i should cut down on alcohol and cola.I havent heard of hyaluronic acid before.Can i take any hyaluronic supplement i found, here in london it seems like they are hard to find.I have also heard of ala, q10, primerose and ester supplements.What are they used for
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
That's great about your diet and wanting to reduce sugar. I would focus on veggies and eat fruit only as snacks. Best ones for glow and skin health: blueberries, tomatoes, carrots, anything cruciferous (broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts).

ALA and primrose, and codliver oil, zinc, B-complex can all help with acne, but it really depends on your body chemistry and takes trial and error. ALA taken a bit before sugar can help reduce the inflammation that sugar causes. Primrose is somewhat estrogenic, which may not be good if your BC is combo. Codliver is pretty safe and will help you glow; zinc is also safe and helps healing, so may help with those red marks. B-complex can go either way, depending on whether you're deficient or not.

For reducing red spots I would not do a new TCA, but instead Avene Triacneal. It's the strongest OTC retinoid, and it's combined with 5.5% glycolic acid. I use Triacneal as a spot treatment, about every other night, on an old red spot that I have. Still, the main factor is time, and reducing/not causing new acne should be the priority.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I would see a dermatologist ASAP to get help clearing your skin - messing with peels, scrubs, etc could be too much stimulation and cause more breakouts.
Before your wedding day test out one of those green correcting primers under foundation to neutralize any red areas.
Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
As others have stated, please see a derm. That's your best course of action. Good luck and congrats!
ellatorres

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Congratulation.............. Smile

lifecell skin cream it is the best skin cream to resolve all your skin problems.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:06 am      Reply with quote
omg lifecell's cream is a cellcosmet copycat!!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |