Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
How do you get rid of an oily face?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gallavishva

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:58 am      Reply with quote
What are some ways to get oil off your face???

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:01 am      Reply with quote
In order from quick fix to long-term real change: blotting papers, foaming (but still gentle) wash like Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin, 1-2% BHA (salicylic acid) like in Paula's Choice products, and prescription Retin A. Hormones can also be a factor.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
you can use lotion / serum with vitamin B3, I am using ProBio Skin. It really works
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
You can try blotting papers like rockhugger mentioned, but keep in mind that it is only a temporary fix. You're not really tackling the cause of the issue if all you're doing is wiping away the oil. You should try looking into mandelic acid... supposedly helps with oil production. However, the BHA that rockhugger talked about may help by helping you slough away any skin cells that may be clogging your pores, which might prevent the oil from being released onto your skin properly.
Divine Diva
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
A mattifying lotion under your skin care products is another great way to reduce the oil. I have an oily T-Zone and use a mattifying lotion as I would a toner and this has helped a great deal. Also products that are oil free and made for oily skin is a great way to start, as well as using gel cleansers as opposed to cream based one's has also helped my skin in a big way. Smile
daramccoy

Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:31 am      Reply with quote
The Dermalogica problem solving range includes the MediBac Acne Treatment range. Similarly high tech, this features clearing products in the form of masques, gels, boosters and wipes that tackle oily, problem skin that leads to acne.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Avoid heavy cleansing creams. Avoid the use of harsh soaps or cleansers. Use a pure soap with no artificial additives. Try an antibacterial cleansing lotion or a lightly medicated soap, and use it in combination with a water rich in minerals, not tap water. Do not use cleansers or lotions that contain alcohol. After cleansing, apply a natural oil-free moisturizer to keep the skin supple.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:19 am      Reply with quote
gallavishva wrote:
What are some ways to get oil off your face???

The best advice I have ever got was: do not fight the oily skin. Embrace it. Don't use harsh cleansers, moisturizers and eat fish with a lot of omega 3 oil.
jdthompson
5% products discount

Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've been battling oily skin since I hit puberty. I'm 33 now and have just discovered a way to prevent my face from producing excess oil. The secret is using olive oil moisturizer (not the kind you cook with).

I've been using DHC's Olive Virgin Oil for about two weeks now and have noticed a dramatic reduction in the amount of oil my face produces. I know it sounds crazy to be putting oil on oily skin (that was my reaction at first) but when I think about it, it makes sense. If your face is moisturized well, it won't try to produce more oil to keep it moisturized.

Initially, I thought it was the opposite. I tried using a water-based moisturizer, thinking my moisturizer was too heavy for my oily skin. I was wrong. The water-based formula made my face even more oily than usual. I was so frustrated so I decided to give Olive Virgin Oil a try.

I started out only using it in the evenings and I noticed that I didn't get as oily as I used to. Now I'm using it day and night and I'm loving it so far! I only need to blot my face once a day. I've only been using this product for two weeks so I'm excited to find out how my skin will look in another two weeks.

I don't know if there's another brand of olive oil moisturizer. DHC is the only one I know of.

I've also recently started taking an essential fatty acid blend of Omega 3, 6, and 9 so that might be another reason why my skin is more balanced.
takiko
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
You can try [Innisfree] Herb no Sebum Powder Originated Mint this is really popular in korea, and it can control the oil on your face
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use Sonya Dakar omega 3 oil.
Gracy

Fri May 27, 2011 4:24 am      Reply with quote
okay for oily skin wash Ur face 2-3 times a day
and also use some cream for getting rid of oily skin..say something what i use is like skinlastin!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2011 6:26 am      Reply with quote
The more you strip natural oils from the skin the more oil your skin will produce oil to compensate. Either use very gentle products to cleanse or try OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) there is a huge thread here on it, and many recipes in the recipe index on the DIY section.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2011 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Oil Cleansing Method

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=7077

Recipe Index

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2011 7:11 am      Reply with quote
The oil cleansing method and using oil on your skin. Oil balances oil.
I recommend one of the lighter oils like Tsamma Melon oil or Argan oil.
My oily, congested skin has completely changed into normal, clear skin by using the OCM and TM oil after my CP's at night.
I also use Josie Maran's SPF 40 with argan oil for my moisturizer during the day.
It's incredible how much my skin has improved - and at a mature age!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2011 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Really? I guess I can give the OCM a shot.. I'm just worried I might be one of the unlucky ones and end up breaking out instead. How long did it take for you to see the results?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2011 9:41 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Really? I guess I can give the OCM a shot.. I'm just worried I might be one of the unlucky ones and end up breaking out instead. How long did it take for you to see the results?

Some do have initial break outs, as far as how long it is very individual. I know many feel it is the oil that causes the "purging" I personally feel it is the massage and increase in blood circulation in your facial skin (a good thing in the long run). I never have had breakouts, but my one son had very bad acne, I added some Tea Tree Oil into his mix which helps, his "worse before better stage" lasted about a month but the clear skin after the "purge was well worth it! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2011 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads up, DM!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |