Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Best cure for smelly feet and fungus (athletes foot)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sandygirl73

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Summertime is coming and my bad foot problems come back.

Unfortunately I have to fight my athletes foot every year when temperatures rising... what can I do? My feet smell terrible.

I've already tried several remedies but nothing worked for a long time. Vinegar, various powders, some home remedies...

Could someone give me new advices?
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
rotate your shoes, let them dry in the sun to kill the fungus. wear flipflops to expose to UV. try hemp or bamboo socks as they are antibacterial.
I tried Colloidal Silver spray and they worked great but it would still come back cos is your immune system that is low and lets you keep getting reinfected.

The most effective to control it was Enzymatic Therapy Pearls. They are large doses of acidophilus that help balance your intestinal flora. Works great as I noticed my overall itchiness would diminish in about three days.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
i saw this on this site but not sure if it will work in north america with the voltage. the cost is not too bad considering the total of what was spent that did not work. I also heard that lasers can take care of the fungus too but last i heard it was not approved by FDA.
http://en.item.rakuten.com/front-runner-sp/10007106/
Bree5666
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Consider Karin Herzog oxygen products? My SO has the same problem and I tried KH body oxygen as spot treatments with huge success. The rotting scaley spots were gone the second day. I've ordered the oxygen foot cream for him to see how it goes.
eyebright
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Lamisil spray.

I have used apple cider vinegar and tea foot soaks in the past. Those took care of the itchies for a little while. I still had the dead white skin which I'd scrape away. yes, gross. Colloidal silver helped a bit. Maybe I wasn't too consistent but the fungus never truly go away, in fact, it came back with a vengeance so much so that by last fall the bottom of my feet had those itchy blisters. Desperate, I decided to stray off the natural route and bought the Lamisil spray. Instructions say to use it twice daily for seven days. By the fourth day the itchies were gone.

I used this in December and to this day I have not have experienced any more itchies. The skin between the toes is no longer white and thick. it's normal now.

The active ingredient is Terbinafine hydrochloride
inactive ingredients: ethanol, polyoxyl 20 cetostearyl ether, propylene glycol, purified water.
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Manuka Oil and Manuka Oil liquid soap for footbaths. Doesn't smell great but it's very effective on fungus. Also, spray the inside of your shoes with Listerine after every wearing until you get on top of the fungus.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2011 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Dermadoctor's Feet Accompli is not a bad product (despite the silly name). Quite a nice moisturising foot cream, with 2% miconazole which should take care of most skin fungal issues on feet.

There are definitely cheaper foot creams, but at US25 for 4 ounces I find it reasonable enough and always keep one on hand. Not that I use it every day, only when "issues" arise.

Lamisil, as eyebright mentioned is another good option, but I prefer the Dermadoc product as it's more like applying a normal foot cream/moisturiser, but still with the anti-fungal properties
cashmerelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:29 am      Reply with quote
you could even try nizoral shampoo, just put it on the feet and let it sit for fifteen minutes or so then rinse. in Canada it is OTC
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Stand next to this guy and no one will notice your smelly feet.
http://health.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A1Story20110624-285808.html
soumya

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
try this.. this worked for me...

soak your feet in lukewarm water that consists of a few drops of tea tree oil for about 20 minutes. dry your feet completely. and put some anti-itch powder or even baby powder on your feet...

i don't know if you've tried this, but for generally smelly feel, you could try the walnut shell scrub in the True Blue Spa line of Bath and Body works. I use it all the time, and have suggested that for all my friends that have the same problem and they simply love it. Especially be sure to scrub the thing in the ridges of your feet diligently! Smile
health2u
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
Lamisil or Tinactin spray. Keep your feet dry, don't wear shoes without socks, and change your towels/washcloth every time you shower, so you don't re-infect yourself.

Takes about a week to clear up. Mine never came back.
Good luck!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Tea tree oil can help with fungus too
soumya

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
@oasisjay

yeah, tea tree oil is the best! i simply love it! it works for everything! acne, fungus, itching, oily scalp, dandruff and generally to clean.. it also helps ease my stressed nerves. i always make sure i include it in my massages. it's an anti microbial miracle!
cashmerelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
I also got good results with vinegar sprayed on the toes and in between them twice a day (my dad had the same problem and this helped). I wanted to put some glycolic acid, since it also lowers the pH, but my mom protested and said it is too expensive for my dad's feet!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:13 am      Reply with quote
soumya wrote:
@oasisjay

yeah, tea tree oil is the best! i simply love it! it works for everything! acne, fungus, itching, oily scalp, dandruff and generally to clean.. it also helps ease my stressed nerves. i always make sure i include it in my massages. it's an anti microbial miracle!

How do you usually apply your tea tree oil? I know that for the feet, it's possible to use 100% TTO since the skin is more rough and thicker there. But since you've used it for acne and your scalp, how did you dilute it? I was thinking of putting it in aloe vera gel, but I'm afraid either might lose its effectiveness if done that way.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Wear slippers, sandals, open-toe shoes. Anything that will allow air to circulate. If you tend to sweat a lot, your feet probably do too, and moisture combined with lack of air circulation will encourage fungus and bacteria to breed.

Also, you could do the same thing you do to your pits. Use an anti-perspirant on your feet.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:54 am      Reply with quote
The best way to get rid of this problem is to use natural garlic (chopped) and put on your foot directly with a wrapped plastic (so you don't smell). Re-apply the next day, same methods.... Give it 2 days and I can guarantee you that you will get rid of your problem completely. For maintenance, you can use any deodorant spray (or cream doedorant) on your foot prior to putting on your shoes. This will get rid of the smelly foot. Also for maintenance, never walk barefoot when the floor is wet... It invites germs to enter the pore of your skin....

Sandygirl73 wrote:
Summertime is coming and my bad foot problems come back.

Unfortunately I have to fight my athletes foot every year when temperatures rising... what can I do? My feet smell terrible.

I've already tried several remedies but nothing worked for a long time. Vinegar, various powders, some home remedies...

Could someone give me new advices?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |