Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Syneron IPL/elos At-Home Device Called me
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I was browsing laser forums and came across this device (not yet available for sale in the US, as the site states).

http://www.memyelos.com/en/

You have to prepare your skin with the epilator/shaver accessories: http://www.memyelos.com/en/how-to-use.php

"From the scientists that invented ipl and elōs professional technology now comes mē, a clinically proven permanent hair reduction device at the privacy of your own home.
mē is the total hair removal solution - the safest and fastest way to permanently smooth beautiful skin. mē offers the most convenient treatment (a full leg in less than 10 minutes!) with no preparations needed, permanently reducing hair growth for the widest range of skin and hair colors."

Looks promising! Smile

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
"The Me my Elos has two main advantages on regular lasers and competing IPL systems.

First of all, since the Me my Elos (Electro Optic Synergy) has a dual method device IPL + RF (radio frequency) the intense light.. is less intense. The Me hair removal IPL does not needs high energy power like regular IPL systems, because the Me hair removal has the RF to complete the heat energy needed for the hair cell destruction. So while regular Laser or IPL systems transmit high energy light that may cause skin irritation, redness, sores, burns or scarring, Me hair removal uses less light energy which is safe and less painful.

The second reason is also related to the Elos technology (IPL + RF). While with other IPL systems the hand device needs to be ‘pressed’ at the skin before each pulse (which is also time consuming) there is always a chance that skin will be overlapped and for that treated over and over. The Me ELos technology, allows the Me device to be glided gently over the skin. So the session is much quicker and more safe as the energy is not pulsed again and again at the same skin area."
..from http://laserhairremovalsafety.org/me-elos-syneron-safety-review/

http://dangersoflaserhairremoval.org/syneron-me-my-elos-hair-removal/

The accessories mentioned in the previous post are optional, it seems (easy to do yourself). A full body treatment takes 30 minutes, apparently.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds interesting. Let us know your progress. Very Happy
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Think you misunderstood somewhere lipglossdoll, I didn't buy one Confused

Seems Boots in the UK is stocking this device: http://www.boots.com/en/HoMedics-me-my-elos-permanent-hair-reduction_1190410/ £50 off at the moment.

10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I have also been reading about IPL thank you Ljk!
I have now jumped on the bandwagon and ordered the me my elos , it seemed safer, more versatile and more permanent than the Vss and the philips lumea Rolling Eyes I am really quite hairy , legs, bikini ,everything, I have been using an epilator for legs and face and getting the eyebrows threaded Rolling Eyes ( think Im becoming "high maintenence Exclamation ")
But for the bikini and underarms it was shaving, if this little baby does what it says on the tin I will be a very happy bunny Laughing
But when it arrives I will post and let you know how it works Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:29 am      Reply with quote
There's very few reviews on Boots.com yet but someone mentioned it's better than the Tria (half-thought about getting one) so that is very promising!

The only moan is that the £40-a-pop cartridges don't last long, according to one reviewer. Good luck and let us know your verdict!

On Amazon.co.uk the reviews are bad as the 3rd party seller imported them from Israel. £549 and £100+ customs! That's crazy!!

ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Shame, this review seems a bit mixed: http://www.squidoo.com/me-my-elos-hair-removal-system-user-review

"..have finished all four treatments in my legs, arms and underarms. I noticed about 30% decrease in hair density in my legs and underarms. I did not see any results in my arms which was the only area that had relatively light hair and therefore I used an epilator prior to the treatments. All the hairs kept coming back as usual."

Not many reviews on the net at the moment, though.

GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:

You have to prepare your skin with the epilator/shaver accessories: http://www.memyelos.com/en/how-to-use.php

This doesn't make sense to me. When you have laser hair removal done you don't want to pull the hair out by the root.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Unsure myself! The blurb on Boots.com says: "If you have naturally blonde, red or grey hair, we recommend that mē my elos is used with the epilator attachment to achieve maximum efficacy (epilator attachment sold separately)."

The memyelos website recommends you shave or trim, if you're not using the epilator, though the instructions are rather vague on this.

This is an IPL and RF device, maybe someone can find a clearer explanation? I'll try having a read around.

ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Found this: "If you have blonde, red or grey hair, other technology-based hair-removing systems may not be effective. Again, the mé My Elôs hair-removal system is different. By using the epilator - which is sold separately - mé My Elôs becomes as effective for you as it is for other users. How? It's simple. The epilator plucks the hair to create microscopic damage to the hair follicle and creating a target for the hair-removal pulse."

http://www.boots.com/en/Who-can-use-me-My-Elos_1221606/

GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:51 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Unsure myself! The blurb on Boots.com says: "If you have naturally blonde, red or grey hair, we recommend that mē my elos is used with the epilator attachment to achieve maximum efficacy (epilator attachment sold separately)."

Thats probably because laser/light hair removal doesn't work on hair that color. So you are really are just spending alot of $ on an epilator with this device.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:38 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
ljk wrote:

Thats probably because laser/light hair removal doesn't work on hair that color. So you are really are just spending alot of $ on an epilator with this device.
It doesn't make sense to me either (epilating lighter coloured hair), but I'd assume the manufacturers state it for a reason. Darker hair colours are recommended to shave or epilate.

As more reviews come out, I'm sure someone will confirm whether the epilating, and indeed the device itself, is effective with lighter hair Question

There's also Boots SmoothSkin Plus which is £349.99. I read a lot of the original SmoothSkin reviews on Moneysavingexpert.com and the reviews were so mixed, it put me off buying. http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Smooth-Skin-PLUS-Intense-pulsed-light-permanent-hair-reduction-_1160101/ (Think the only difference is that it does skin tones 1-4, but may be wrong).

SmoothSkin Plus Review: http://superamazingmum.blogspot.com/2011/05/boots-smooth-skin-ipulse-plus.html

MSE SmoothSkin thread: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1526287

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:17 am      Reply with quote
I've just purchased the VISS IPL and the instructions also say to epilate or shave the hair before treatment. So far I'm quite happy with the results.

They're saying this machine is better because it incorporates RF technology plus you don't have to individually stop and zap, this machine automatically zaps as you move the head - I suppose it would make treatment marginally quicker.

With the VISS, people with very light hair are using carbon dye to dye the hair before treatment. Looks like with the ME, that wouldn't be necessary as it is supposed to work on all coloured hair types.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm always suspicious of anything that claims RF will reduce hair growth. Is there any real evidence for this anywhere?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:51 am      Reply with quote
PosyLee wrote:
I'm always suspicious of anything that claims RF will reduce hair growth. Is there any real evidence for this anywhere?

That's a good point - I only know of RF being used for skin tightening or cellulite reduction.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi
You may think i am working for this company but i am really not !

I am from Israel,and this product,was invented in Israel,as many others,and i know a freind who is working for them.

i dont know if it works after 4 month, but many people here says that after a month they get a good resaults.. BUT this doesnt mean anything about the future,and it somtimes grows back. they have invented the technology just befor 5 months,so you cant know yet.
the reason you take the hair from the roots, is becasue the RF waves are being reflected from the red dotes-you got on your skin after cut a hair from the root. this is a new technology.

in this technology,even a white skin and white hair can be removed.

anyway the light is working on the black dotes, like all the rest of the laser machines-so you can shave if you have dark hair white skin.

thats it:)
i dont really know if its working but i really hope that the hair is not coming back after 3 months as all the rest of the products.
good luck.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

With the VISS, people with very light hair are using carbon dye to dye the hair before treatment. Looks like with the ME, that wouldn't be necessary as it is supposed to work on all coloured hair types.

This is interesting. I always thought that using dye wouldn't work because it didn't get deep in the root. Maybe it more beneficial with IPL then laser?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:

This is interesting. I always thought that using dye wouldn't work because it didn't get deep in the root. Maybe it more beneficial with IPL then laser?

Others on the VISS thread have had good success with using the dye - but I haven't tried it myself.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=39102

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have had one procedure with the clinical Elos machine so far (have the next one in a weeks time) for hair removal and it has removed at least 30% of the hair (and all from one treatment). The home hair removal system seems to good to be true, but if it really worked that well then it would probably put the same clinics that use elos hair removal out of business. No one would need hair removal done if this device worked and that would take a toll on the company. So while the clinical use of hair removal with the stronger unit has worked, I'm not to sure about this device. If anyone has purchased one please let us know what your results are like?

I have also had skin tightening done with Elos the procedure is called Refirme and it does work, I'm currently using the Tripollar Stop device but if Elos came out with a skin tightening home use device they would definitely have me as a customer. Razz

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I did hair removal with Elos also. It was a big waster of money. RF & IPL are not effective for hair removal.

While I was getting the treatments it appeared to be working great. But once I stopped it all grew back. Elos only slowed the growth.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:04 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I did hair removal with Elos also. It was a big waster of money. RF & IPL are not effective for hair removal.

While I was getting the treatments it appeared to be working great. But once I stopped it all grew back. Elos only slowed the growth.

OMG Shock I hope that dosent happen to me. I do hold the machine in high regard because the radio frequency (refirme) that's used with the same machine has worked wonders at firming my skin. I'll update with the results, hopefully have them, but am happy with the result so far it does seem tohave gotten rid of 30% of the hair, the only question is will it remain gone? Idea

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:

I've had excellent results from the home-use VISS IPL. Hair growth is at a standstill. If it does re-appear in the future, I'll just re-zap. So far, I'm very happy with this machine.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:45 am      Reply with quote
How can this device work if the hair is removed from the root?

How selective photothermolysis can work?
Its impossible to target the follicle!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:29 am      Reply with quote
portland wrote:

I can't answer your question specifically because I'm not knowledgeable enough. However, my experience is that the laser does have an impact because my hair growth is significantly less. I can tell you that it does not work particularly well on light coloured hair, which is why some people choose to apply the dye before treatment.

Here is the information on how IPL hair removal works from the VISS website:

http://vissbeauty.com/intl/how-it-works/

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
portland wrote:

I can't answer your question specifically because I'm not knowledgeable enough. However, my experience is that the laser does have an impact because my hair growth is significantly less. I can tell you that it does not work particularly well on light coloured hair, which is why some people choose to apply the dye before treatment.

Here is the information on how IPL hair removal works from the VISS website:

http://vissbeauty.com/intl/how-it-works/

Hello,sorry for not being specific, i refered to the new IPL elos home device. I have the VISS IPL device and i have been very good results using the carbon dye.
But if you pluck the hair and then inmediately zap IPL+RF, i dont think this might work. Since there is not pigment to absorb the energy

Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |