Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Manicare Glam Nails stick on polish
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.glambymanicare.com/pages/products/glam-nails/nail-enamel-strips/french-nail-enamel-strips.php

When I saw this stick on nail polish advertised, I was convinced it wouldn't work on my nails because they are very weak and ordinary nail polish just flakes off after a couple of days.

However, these things are fantastic. So far they've lasted over a week and haven't chipped at the nail tip at all. They do need replacing now though because my nails have grown so I have a "naked" strip at the cuticle.

The strips of nail polish are very easy to apply. You just peal them off the backing strip and place them on the nail and smooth down. Just pull or file off the extra polish. The strips can also be stretched vertically or horizontally in order to get a good fit on the nail.

Of course, the advantage to these strips is that there's no waiting for the polish to dry - you just apply and go!

Sally Hansen also has a similar product except the colours are all crazy, like zebra prints etc. which aren't to my taste.

My only complaint with the Manicare GlamNails is that they're hard to find in the shops and they don't stock all the colours.

If you're like me and you have trouble with nail polish lasting - these are really worth a try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I bought a similar thing, but it is bu Jamberrynails.

They have patterned nail sheilds and some really cool paterns.
I am waiting for it to be warmer to test them and use on my toes!

For nail polish that chips, have you tried any of the higher end things?

I use Mavala top coat and that stops all my nail polish from chipping and gives a "professional" finish.
My nail polish lasts around 2 weeks and almost never chips-only thing is I can see where my nail grows so have to take polish off for that...or I get bored of the same shade easily (I have around 15 Mavala nail polish and then some Dior,chanel,mac and opi...).
I have also 2 L'oreal polishes and they seem good,but I never use them.

Dior nail products are also pretty good,but I find they are overpriced.

Feel Unique's website had a good deal on Mavala.
They have a starter kit box with smaller sizes of every nail manicure product-you get half the size bottles and a full size nail hardener.
I'm tempted to get it,but only really need the top coat right now...

I am looking to try more of those nail stick on polish things as I think they would be easier to use on my toes...m,y toes look awful without nail polish I think.

anyways, good luck with your nail things!

Have you tried contacting the company who makes the products you want?
Right now I am buying some Mavala shades by mail directly from Mavala as they do not sell the new seasonal shades in North America apparently Sad
so maybe you can do that....
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Where are you located? I haven't seen this in the US (Oregon) yet. I love nail sticker strips because I can only get a perfect polish application on my toes- I'm hopeless when it comes to my hands.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 2:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm in Australia - but I'm sure these types of nail polish stickers are available elsewhere under different brand names. I think the Sally Hansen ones are available world wide.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks. We just have the Sally Hansen ones here as far as I know. Oh, and the Incoco are available by mail order. I hope these become more common because they really are the only way I can get a perfect manicure on my nails. I've heard shellac nails last forever so I might get try those in a nail salon next.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 10:25 am      Reply with quote
That is so me Keliu, been through countless brands. Thanks for the link! I always have a habit of spilling stuff too, never dawned on me that there are other options out there. Smile

5% products discount

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:18 am      Reply with quote
im a nail tech.. your need to look at trendy nails or minx wraps .. but shellac & dashing divas are the best Very Happy
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've had the Jamberry nails "stickers" on my toes for 5 weeks so far.
no problems with them coming off.

I also get at least 5 comments a day from strangers asking about my toes.
They don't look like stickers at all.

http://www.jamberrynails.com/nail-shields/all-nail-shields/circle-chain.html

Also to keep your nail polish from chipping try the Mavala base coat and the Mavala Colorfix top coat.
it keeps my nail polish chip free for 2 weeks.
even my black,navy,dark red...looks just applied.

You can get Mavala at Feelunique-the have free worldwide shipping.
don't know how long shipping is as I bought some at the store..but will buy there next!

With the Mavala top coat I always have people asking what I use to have my fingernails so shiney, the top coat has a "wet look" finish.

-and no I do not work for mavala...just a big fan of all their nail products.
just wish they were cheaper as their nail hardener (scientifique) is the only one that works on me.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |