Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
kokum body butter and facial lotion.....help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
misssalvina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Heard so much about making butters and I'm really interested.
Lookind for really moisturizing butter for dry skin and great exotic smell. Maybe somebody can help.
Also any recommandation for a face cream dyi for dry skin also(something similar to Valmont or DDS)

Thks

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:12 am      Reply with quote
If anyone will be responding to this, I'd be most interested in tips relating to how to properly mix the oils & liquids. I tried to make a hair conditioner and it didn't mix at all and I was left with a chunky mess. Sad

I'm pretty sure I got the ingredients right, so I'm guessing its about how and when to add them and how long to do the mixing. It seemed like I mixed foreeeeeever.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
If anyone will be responding to this, I'd be most interested in tips relating to how to properly mix the oils & liquids. I tried to make a hair conditioner and it didn't mix at all and I was left with a chunky mess. Sad

I'm pretty sure I got the ingredients right, so I'm guessing its about how and when to add them and how long to do the mixing. It seemed like I mixed foreeeeeever.

What exactly are you mixing, and how much of each ingredient? Are you using an emulsifier and if so what?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA,

I made a "natural" hair conditioner...once...and hated it. It looked perfect, but was horrid.

Easy to make though, just need an emulsifier like Ewax or Polawax. But...not for me.

My hair is far happier with an apple cider vinegar rinse and a natural shampoo bar http://www.mcssl.com/store/pure-escentuals/shampoo-bar. After that, SKB and water with EO's and my hair is bouncy, held gently without build up and....grows like a weed.

I avoid the SLS in shampoo, it's not "bad" for everyone...but it isn't the best either. It's not necessary...so I stay away from it and my hair is very happy with that.

Body Butter Simple recipe,

Oils you can change[ liquid at room temp.], butters you can change,[ but must be solid at room temperature] but try to keep the proportions.

25 g Cocoa butter
25 g Shea butter
35 g carrier oil of choice
Vit E 1/4 tsp
10 drops EO's of choice or more or less..what you like.

Recipe can be multiplied and keep the proportions the same.

1. Melt butter gently in double boiler.
2. Let cool...but not solidify
3. Then add carrier oils. Not EO's at this point as the heat will cause them to dissipate very rapidly.
Whisk and chill the mix , [ or use a beater]
4. Add Vit E whisk like a mad man.
5. Add EO"s. Whisk again.

Chill and whisk [ multiple times *]....until frothy like a meringue. Then pour into sterilized jars. Use a spatula to remove the butter before applying to keep bacteria from being introduced. Should be good up to 3 months and may last longer if refrigerated.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |