Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Genotype Diet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have been looking in to this lately and making some very intersting connections that have previously alluded me about which foods best suit me. I have repeatedly removed dairy foods from my diet and according to my Genotype, dairy is a superfood. The last 2 months I have been doing a diet called Dukan and started eating kefir every day. I previously thought dairy was a problem due to being blood type O but just keep losing belly fat, to the point that I've slimmed down in the midsection quite a bit, beyond where I've been for the last few years, and have had to wonder if dairy wasn't doing more good than harm. I've done some additional research and found out what's really wrong with dairy-- the whole pasteurization issue-- but for the time am using pasteurized "dead" milk kefir, and some cottage cheese also. Feeling realllly good, wanted to share this discovery with you guys. Smile

http://www.4yourtype.com/departments.asp?dept=28
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2011 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I am type O but the reason I never did the blood type diet, even though my chiropractor recommended it, is because I don't eat meat or poultry. I like animals too much. I do eat fish, eggs and dairy. I think probably the best biologically based type of diet is eating the way your ancestors did because that is in your genes, passed down from one generation to the next. That explains why Native Americans don't do well on a typical American diet and have health problems but when they go back to eating wild game, for example, their health problems clear up. Eskimos can eat lots of fat and few veggies but stay healthy.

I always lose weight the same way every time -- weighing and measuring my food, counting calories, alternating cardio and weight training days. My weakness is sweets. Sugar is as addictive as heroin. Actually, maybe I'd be better off using heroin because it would keep me thin! Bad Grin
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
^^^I hear what you're saying but blood type saved me after a decade of vegan/vegetarian diet in the 90s that damaged me hormonally, most likely caused my adult acne & led me to go on hrt in the form of the BCP at age 33. Reintroducing animal foods & meat in early 30s did not undo the damage that was already done. Love Peter D'Adamo, think he's a total genius & very gifted researcher.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2011 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Wanted to comment also that I think arguments against meat eating are valid, I just don't happen to buy in to them that heavily. There really aren't any genotypes that I recall reading about that they've on red meat from cows other than Hunters. Still meat is meat......My genotype evolved eating lamb & goat-- I rarely buy lamb due to its price & yes, the concept of eating a lamb doesn't set right. It may be conditioning that allows me to feel no guilt about eating cow meat. In any case, my health has improved so much on it it would be difficult to remove; my blood sugar is more stable & I seem to be able to manage my body fat better. I've done rigorous gym workouts off & on since the 80s, just isn't my thing anymore. Meat contains a mineral called l-carnitine, helps reduce belly fat & carb cravings. I've considered using that but feel the benefits of eating grass fed meat are too numerous.
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2011 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I too am a huge Peter D'Adamo fan! (thirteen years) changed my life

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 8:47 am      Reply with quote
It's a little early to say this, haven't gotten my book yet, but think Genotype Diet may be the big breakthrough of the year for me. That & finding Nancy Deville's work. I'm sleeping better & even less constipated than before.

mogulicious wrote:
I too am a huge Peter D'Adamo fan! (thirteen years) changed my life
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2011 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Found this interesting article on another site about how the Victoria Secret models stay hot:

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/the-secret-to-the-worlds-best-bodies-2409415

Miranda Kerr says she does this diet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ5-MlTDMwY
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I recently read that the VS models train with a trainer named Justin Gelband who uses the blood type diet.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/the-secret-to-the-worlds-best-bodies-2409415

Miranda Kerr says she does this diet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ5-MlTDMwY
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I am so glad i found this thread!

I've heard about this diet for a while, but never until recently studied it.
The idea of connection between our blood type and our optimal diet is absolutely genius!
All you need to do to stay healthy is stick to your type's food and avoid conflicting food.

But ladies, how in the world we are going to stay out of tomatoes and avocados?

I never liked red meat, always preferred chicken. Now as type B i am not allowed chicken Sad I had Mexican dish yesterday and all i was thinking during the lunch time, that the only thing i am allowed to eat from my dish is rice Sad No salsa, no guacamole, no grilled chicken, no black beans.

Does anybody know if tomatoes have the same properties after being cooked?

And the biggest problem : after reading why i am not allowed to eat it - i can't enjoy it. I can feel it's harm Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
^^^ Yes genotype is a pretty interesting and valid concept having worked with it the last few months. Previously I used basic blood type O info which forbids dairy & wheat and encourages exercise and eating red meat to help boost metabolism. Though it does work, it's a hard diet to do long term. Finding my genotype helped me get back on it. I'm actually a Hunter not a Gatherer. The new avoid list on the diet is longer than the old one; I no longer eat tomatoes, apples, or oatmeal in addition to dairy & wheat, corn, potatoes-- the standard O avoids. So far it seems to be pretty true as hard as that is to believe. You just have to genotype yourself and try it!! D'Adamo has a diet software program called SWAMI that tells you exactly what to eat and what portions, a lot of people seem to really like it.

This and intermittent fasting have been the big breakthroughs, not "3 meals a day because our ancestors ate 3 meals" which is what Nancy Deville fanatically insists. Even the Islamic people should give up Ramadan in order to get their 3 meals in!! Meal frequency was a real hang up for me till I learned the truth about metabolism in Brad Pilon's book Eat Stop Eat. I thought my whole body was breaking down and aging and that the only way to stop it like Nancy says is to eat 3 solid meals a day. Rolling Eyes Yeah actually I'm noticing that reduced meal frequency combined with specific food choices seems to be more anti aging....... but what do I know. I'm not a doctor. Very Happy
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Well, "3 meals a day" rule is definitely working for those interested in weight lose. It puts a limit on food consumption, normalize metabolism and that really helps.

I, for example, just want to stop poisoning my body. I am IN starting today. I was waiting for the new iPhone to buy the program Smile) Mean while memorizing the book.

Hopefully i'll be able to manage it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
I never liked red meat, always preferred chicken. Now as type B i am not allowed chicken I had Mexican dish yesterday and all i was thinking during the lunch time, that the only thing i am allowed to eat from my dish is rice No salsa, no guacamole, no grilled chicken, no black beans.

YB - to add to the confusion, I'm a B but a non-secretor so tomatoes are allowed. You can order a saliva test from Dr. D to find out your secretor status. Since I've followed this plan for many years, I cannot tolerate the fragrance of chicken or pork!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
mogulicious wrote:
YB - to add to the confusion, I'm a B but a non-secretor so tomatoes are allowed. You can order a saliva test from Dr. D to find out your secretor status. Since I've followed this plan for many years, I cannot tolerate the fragrance of chicken or pork!

OMG! Seriously?

I didn't get to the end of the book yet. I saw this term non-secretor/secretor several times, but have no idea what does that mean.

I am definitely going to order this saliva test if it can help me with tomatoes and avocados Smile)

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Seriously ... how can a family follow this "diet" when members have different blood types? Are mothers (or the family cook) supposed to make different meals for each member of the family? And what happens when your children have different blood types; do you deny a child certain food items because his/her blood is one type, yet his/her sibling is allowed to eat it because they're in a different blood group? I think the whole thing is very impractical.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
Seriously ... how can a family follow this "diet" when members have different blood types? Are mothers (or the family cook) supposed to make different meals for each member of the family? And what happens when your children have different blood types; do you deny a child certain food items because his/her blood is one type, yet his/her sibling is allowed to eat it because they're in a different blood group? I think the whole thing is very impractical.

Having children *is* impractical isn't it? I would serve my A kids vegetarian food and meat for my Os. Many days a week we would have fish and vegetables...... Being sick and fat is my definition of impractical personally.
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:49 am      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
Being sick and fat is my definition of impractical personally.

gretchen you go girl!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
mogulicious

I need your help. You are my blood type and you are on this diet for many years.

I just started and it looks like i used to eat ONLY the food i am not allowed Smile
I wonder what it will look like if i eat only the right food. But some puzzles seems impossible to solve.

For example, i am having troubles finding the right bread. Not that i eat bread a lot, but i need something to put my cheese on.
What kind of bread are you using?

Another thing i found - wild rice. While regular rice is highly beneficial for us, wild rice is in Avoid List? It doesn't make much sense.
And what about black rice? I love this thing, but it wasn't mentioned in the book.

What kind of oil do you use for cooking? Olive oil for everything?

I am also unclear about Soya. It is mentioned several times on a negative side for our type, but i didn't see it in Avoid list.

Also Aloe juice is on Avoid List. But can we still use it topically?
Same about coconut oil. Can we use it on our body and hair?

On the bright side, i never could allow myself pasta. Now i can eat it all i want if i find the right type Smile)

Thank you so much!!!

gretchen,

Thank you again for starting this thread. I agree with you 100%. It's not about convenience. It's not even about weight loss.
It is about knowledge of how to stay healthy, improve your immune system, supply your body with what it really needs and finally stop poisoning it.

It's a different quality of life.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
YB - pasta is easy, I use brown rice pasta, Tinkyada is a good brand & you should be able to find it at Walmart in their gluten free section. For sandwich/toast bread I use Ezekiel 4:9� Sprouted Grain Bread (Dr. D explains that the harmful lectins are destroyed in the sprouting process) usually found in the freezer section of health food stores and some grocery stores. Oils: for saute & cooking I use rice bran oil, macadamia nut oil (there's one infused w/hot pepper, Pele's Fire), and ghee. I'll use olive oil on salads & to toss w/pasta. Wild rice is ok for B non-secretors but I eat a lot of organic brown basmati rice, love it. Don't worry about using aloe or coc. oil on your skin/hair. There are discussions & lots of info on the dadamo.com website you may find helpful. At the site if you search b + soy you'll find loads of info! Here is a typebase where you can click on a food for avoid status http://www.dadamo.com/typebase4/typeindexer.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot! Wouldn't think of looking into freezer for bread Smile)

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I had heard about this diet I never really looked into it, I'm type o which means lean meats and veg but no wheat,dairy right?
Most of my meals are based around wheat pasta dishes at the moment I am trying to loose a bit of weight(big night out coming up) I thought omlettes,stir fry would be a good alternative to the pasta , Do you totally avoid the foods you should according to this diet, doesn't everything have to be balanced?

Please if anyone has any weight loss tips please tell does drinking more water really help? is it because sometimes you are thirsty rather than hungry and just don't know it?
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="flick24"]I had heard about this diet I never really looked into it, I'm type o which means lean meats and veg but no wheat,dairy right?
Most of my meals are based around wheat pasta dishes at the moment I am trying to loose a bit of weight(big night out coming up) I thought omlettes,stir fry would be a good alternative to the pasta , Do you totally avoid the foods you should according to this diet, doesn't everything have to be balanced?>

My mom is type O & she lost 30 lbs by cutting out wheat but she ate brown rice pasta and basmati brown rice for starch. You should have the best luck with weightloss by sticking primarily to beneficials but neutrals must be included for nutrition. Yes I agree on the water, sometimes you think you need food when water will suffice

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
flick24 wrote:
I had heard about this diet I never really looked into it, I'm type o which means lean meats and veg but no wheat,dairy right?
Most of my meals are based around wheat pasta dishes at the moment I am trying to loose a bit of weight(big night out coming up) I thought omlettes,stir fry would be a good alternative to the pasta , Do you totally avoid the foods you should according to this diet, doesn't everything have to be balanced?

Please if anyone has any weight loss tips please tell does drinking more water really help? is it because sometimes you are thirsty rather than hungry and just don't know it?

After you read genotype and figure that out you should read Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint. His book doesn't negate D'Adamo's work which is much more specific and individualized. Rather it makes it clear especially if you are an O why you want to get the grains and crap out. It's very compelling and motivating.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cp9troj5ywwzddp
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |