Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Is pure aloe ok to put on your skin after glycolic home peel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2011 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Wondering if it's ok to put aloe on my face after I do an at home peel. I need to look into a good after peel treatment. I prefer my skin to breath afterwards though so I thought my aloe plant would surve a good purpose by being more natural and less pore clogging (I hope).......

Thanks for any advise
flgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2011 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
nevermind, i just did some research online and they're saying its highly recommended so I'm glad my aloe plant can finally be put to good use Smile
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2011 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Depends on the type of peel. Personally I don't find aloe hydrating and I think its important to keep your skin gently protected/hydrated after a peel if you skin is actually going to peel. I'm very acne prone and can use Vaseline with out any issues.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2011 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, it definitely calms it down a lot. There's a ton of other benefits for aloe too
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2011 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
It is possible to be allergic to aloe--something that's better to find out before rather than right after a peel. If you're not allergic, it's fine, and other possibilities are manuka honey and La Roche-Posay Cicaplast.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2011 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Yes, that's what I used to do. The skin healed very quickly afterwards.
flgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2011 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Okk great, thank you so much for the feedback!! A couple weeks ago I had a blister on my hand from a burn and I swear that within one hour of applying aloe (for the first time) on the 3rd day of having it, it started to scab up right in front of me. I became a believer in aloe that day. Usually healing shows after you've been sleeping. Aloe is a good thing! I just planted some of the baby aloes sprouting from my aloe plant and hope to have more of these puppies soon!!

And GirlieGirl, I thought Vaseline was a good barrier to keep moisture from escaping from skin but its not very moisturizing since its petroleum correct? You may want to look into that but hey it sounds like it works for you..
Gidget
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2011 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I did an at home 30% glycolic peel 2 nights ago - after, I sprayed with Ageless Secret Gold. That was the first time I tried using it after doing an at home peel. It was so soothing and my face never turned red or burned. I don't leave the peel on very long - just 2 to 3 minutes - I used to do them twice a month and have decided to start back. I will continue using ASG each time.

Gidget
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2011 3:24 am      Reply with quote
I am glad to find this thread. I was at the doctor this week for a regular check-up and I told him that at times, I have to put on aloe vera on my face because of the reaction to the sun. I would be out in the sun all day.

He said that is fine. I am glad I did the right thing.

Sometimes I mix aloe with a little bit of lotion and it feels so soothing.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2011 6:02 am      Reply with quote
flgirl wrote:
Okk great, thank you so much for the feedback!! A couple weeks ago I had a blister on my hand from a burn and I swear that within one hour of applying aloe (for the first time) on the 3rd day of having it, it started to scab up right in front of me. I became a believer in aloe that day. Usually healing shows after you've been sleeping. Aloe is a good thing! I just planted some of the baby aloes sprouting from my aloe plant and hope to have more of these puppies soon!!

And GirlieGirl, I thought Vaseline was a good barrier to keep moisture from escaping from skin but its not very moisturizing since its petroleum correct? You may want to look into that but hey it sounds like it works for you..

Aloe is excellent for burns, its amazing isn't it? I have tons of aloe plants, they to grow like weeds.

Yes thats correct, vaseline does not itself moisturize but protects.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2011 10:35 am      Reply with quote
rockhugger wrote:
It is possible to be allergic to aloe--something that's better to find out before rather than right after a peel. If you're not allergic, it's fine, and other possibilities are manuka honey and La Roche-Posay Cicaplast.

I just heard about cicaplast and it is apparently a really great product to put on after peels and such. Some people even use it as a primer for makeup
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |