Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Princess Catherine's wedding fragrance?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2011 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Apparently all the rage? UK based...

Anyone ever use it? Sounds so pretty! Very Happy

White Gardenia Petals - by Illuminum

The website for the perfume describes the scent as "fragrant as a vase of white flowers quivering in the breeze by an open window, this is a delicate and nuanced scent." Aside from gardenia, the perfume includes whiffs of coconut leaves, ylang ylang, jasmine and a "seaside location."

xo Maria

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b240059_kate_middletons_midas_touch_wedding.html#ixzz1LPBqN1s4

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2011 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if it's true. A lot of companies probably want to cash in, i.e. Kate uses such and such makeup, hairspray, shampoo, etc. I doubt she would comment either way. Still, I'd be interested in trying that fragrance line myself out of curiosity. Not that particular one, though, because coconut reminds me of suntan lotion.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2011 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I read this also. A lot of marketing for a wedding that was said to be lackluster. The media said this, not me.
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2011 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
I think she is beautiful, her gown was gorgeous but the gardenia fragrance gives me a headache! Although they are lovely flowers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 1:32 am      Reply with quote
I don't care at all for perfume ads.
The best way to get me to buy a perfume is to give me a sample or have those strips in magazines you can smell.

I don't care who wears what perfume or if it costs $10 or $50 or whatever...I have to smell it first.

One perfume that has a lot of jasmine and rose is nice Bvlgari woman/femme?
the yellow bottle one...I am very allergic to it and can't stop sneezing from it.

I like most of the other Bvlgari line.
For flowery stuff I think I like Neroli the best, hate most all other flower perfumes.

my favorites still is Bvlgari green tea, black and some Lemon Verbena perfume that is french.

I have so many random perfume tester's here I doubt I'll be buying much perfume unless I run out of Bvlgari.
the testers were given to be by a store Smile did not pay for them!

I don't think there is any "new" perfume that has caught my nose lately...maybe that is a good thing though!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 2:52 am      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
I read this also. A lot of marketing for a wedding that was said to be lackluster. The media said this, not me.

A lackluster wedding???!!! Surely this wedding was one of the biggest events ever held. How many other bride's weddings are attended by the Queen of England and have all the royal trappings such as the Horse Guards, the carriages, the colour, the pomp, the history and crowds as far as the eye can see.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 5:03 am      Reply with quote
lacklustre?? I think anything but!! Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 5:32 am      Reply with quote
zizi wrote:

Maybe in the US they think a Pamela Anderson wedding has more pizzazz! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I thought it was refreshing that her gown was tasteful and wasn't strapless... (I'm rather over that look). The wedding was lovely and elegant and she was the picture of calm grace. The Brits should be proud.

I don't know the fragrance but if I'm ever in the vicinity to try it I would like to.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Must admit that the "lacklustre" description threw me completely, too.

We're certainly not a perfect group of little countries here in the UK, but we definitely know how to put on a royal wedding. I wasn't even going to bother watching it, but I was glad that I did in the end. I thought it was absolutely beautiful.

Maybe the US (I presume it was US) media would have preferred some car chases and special effects? Laughing
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 5:32 am      Reply with quote
I was enchanted by the whole affair...I still have it DVR'd! Laughing I agree, no one puts on party like our UK friends - but it was so elegant, tasteful...and I thought Catherine was just exquisite in her gown. It was amazing to see how quickly knock-offs have aready popped up!

xo Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
I was enchanted by the whole affair...I still have it DVR'd! Laughing I agree, no one puts on party like our UK friends - but it was so elegant, tasteful...and I thought Catherine was just exquisite in her gown. It was amazing to see how quickly knock-offs have aready popped up!

xo Maria

Her earrings cost $30,000, but they're now available for $39.99!!!

Why anyone would want to get married in the same dress I don't know. Imagine being compared to her on your wedding day - it would be awful.

I keep thinking of the wedding being called "lacklustre" - it's hilarious.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Mariav wrote:

xo Maria

Her earrings cost $30,000, but they're now available for $39.99!!!

Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm in the U.S. and watched parts of the wedding and then saw bits and pieces as they came on TV later. I only heard Raves from the U.S. newscasters about it. I did not hear anything negative.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I think they meant the couple was lackluster. No drama surrounding them like Charles and Diana.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:

We're certainly not a perfect group of little countries here in the UK, but we definitely know how to put on a royal wedding. I wasn't even going to bother watching it, but I was glad that I did in the end. I thought it was absolutely beautiful.

Maybe the US (I presume it was US) media would have preferred some car chases and special effects? Laughing

Lol,
the wedding seemed good.
I just saw pics in the newspaper and of her dress.
It looked really nice.
The wedding seemed nice,but I'm not really into watching weddings of people I don't know- esp on TV.

Well, today in the local newspaper they said that Catherine- she likes to do the groceries at her house, and that her husband prince ......(I forget his name right now), that he has gone back to work as a pilot and done 2 rescue missions or something like that.

I hope the newspapers here in Canada think of better new to print now!
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 1:50 am      Reply with quote
oh dear, "lacklustre"
I am not at all a royalist, but as both my wee ones were at home for the day ,we had a lovely time. I got a whole load of "Naughty" foods chocolate crisps etc,bubbly for my friends and me. we had a little party and watched the whole thing Laughing
I think they did a good job , a balance, tasteful elegant and not ostentatious and over done!!
Maybe some US media wanted a "dynasty", "Dallas" style, you are just NOt going to get that here Rolling Eyes
I think she looked great, her style Is understated and who would want to look like Alexis Carrington now anyway Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2011 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
zizi wrote:

Maybe in the US they think a Pamela Anderson wedding has more pizzazz! Laughing

majorb wrote:

Hi Keliu and majorb --- I can only hope these comments about American viewing habits and preferences were made in jest. There really are many Americans with the good taste and sense who DON'T don't find car chases, the antics of Pamela Anderson, Paris Hilton, Jersey Shore or other reality teevee celebs appealing in any way.

I loved the Royal Wedding overall. Kate's dress was a dream; William's uniform was a dash and I even liked all the amazing hats and fascinating fascinators worn by so many of the guests.

There is so much history and continuity behind all the pomp and ceremony. I have nothing but well wishes for the newly minted Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

RE: The perfume. No doubt many companies are cashing in on this. I attended a Cosmetic Trend Event at Nordstrom's yesterday. A representative of Jo Malone told an enthralled audience that the chapel was scented with Jo Malone fragrances. Laughing

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 12:54 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:

Hi Keliu and majorb --- I can only hope these comments about American viewing habits and preferences were made in jest. There really are many Americans with the good taste and sense who DON'T don't find car chases, the antics of Pamela Anderson, Paris Hilton, Jersey Shore or other reality teevee celebs appealing in any way.

I loved the Royal Wedding overall. Kate's dress was a dream; William's uniform was a dash and I even liked all the amazing hats and fascinating fascinators worn by so many of the guests.

There is so much history and continuity behind all the pomp and ceremony. I have nothing but well wishes for the newly minted Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

RE: The perfume. No doubt many companies are cashing in on this. I attended a Cosmetic Trend Event at Nordstrom's yesterday. A representative of Jo Malone told an enthralled audience that the chapel was scented with Jo Malone fragrances. Laughing

Don't worry, Athena, it was in jest. I'm not a fan of generalisations, myself. I was just so shocked at whoever it was in the US media who described it as "lacklustre" as it most certainly was anything but! Laughing

I know for sure that many Americans appreciated good and intelligent TV. In fact, if I was American I would be highly insulted by the fact that US TV and film production companies quite often insist on changing endings to happy ones or cramming in as many special effects, explosions and car chases as possible because they seem to believe that they are the only factors which will please US audiences. So many excellent stories dumbed down, it's such a shame! (The worst one in my recent memory is the appalling re-make of "The Vanishing", where they changed the stunning and horrifically chilling ending into the good guys winning against the bad guys, ruining the whole point of the film.) And some Hollywood films these days appear to be just a series of eye-watering special effects and no plot.

I know that there must be plenty of Americans who appreciate subtle and intelligent stories because my friends in the US are always complaining the dumbing down of re-makes of imported TV series. And I'm often left dumbfounded when an outstandingly superb US TV series is dropped due to "lack of ratings", simply because a TV network has either scheduled it at a ridiculous time or in competition with something very popular.

You really need to give those execs a kick up the bum on behalf of those of us who appreciate a good story! Laughing

As for the marketing - yes, all of the products which were supposedly used during the royal wedding are sending advertising executives into overdrive. I suspect that they'll be pushing the stuff used to clean the Abbey floor next, along with the official brand of sanitary towels used by female guests. Rolling Eyes Wink
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
As an American, I will add my two cents here Smile

I prefer independent films, films that make me think...so there you go. Special effects and hoopla bore me Neutral

As far as the royal family, as an American, I find the whole concept of "specialness by virtue of birth" just odd. Speaking in general, we tend to view specialness in other ways - talent, achievement, power, personal issues and yes, looks - shallow as a culture can be.

I enjoyed viewing the clothing and pageantry, of the royal wedding, but beyond that - most of it escapes me. I find myself more interested in other cultural aspects of the UK but that's just me.

BF
dreamskin
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2011 4:54 am      Reply with quote
I think a US media calling the wedding lacklustre is just some hogwash rumor that has been spread, I am sure that our US friends enjoyed the wedding just as much as people in the UK and Australia did. Americans love the British royal family and have a real interest and fondness for them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2011 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I only heard about this as I saw it in an email from Roullier White, for some bizarre reason it seems they are the sole distributors for it. They are a one small shop in East Dulwich (I'm not sure what the equivalent in the US would be, Greenwich Village is much more central and established) but also sell online, I'm just on their list as I buy a certain laundry product from them. I'll ask someone I know in that area to pop into the shop and smell, but it's subjective!
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2011 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a link
http://www.roullierwhite.com/

P.S. She is not Princess Catherine, she is HRH Duchess of Cambridge. She could be called Princess William (like Princess Michael of Kent) but not Princess Catherine. This may change if the Queen dies and Prince Charles becomes King.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
(Sorry to bring this up again for everyone who was saturated!)

I'm certainly not the type to get all excited in advance, but once it happened, I did end up surfing around for much more than I thought I would. I wasn't expecting much, but found myself getting swept up... I read that he blurted out "I love you, you look beautiful" when he saw her and oh boy, that got me! He also kept asking her if she was okay throughout the day which is lovely considering how much pressure she was under. sniff.

I don't have a tv, but truth be told, I might have stayed home to watch the whole thing if I did. Also if a Fashion TV marathon was on, lol!

By the way, she's not allowed to wear strapless or even short sleeves in the church.
And I don't think there was any drama when C&D got married either - it came later.

Unless you're a romantic, or into the clothes or the fact that a bazillion people are watching and a bazillion dollars have been spent by royalty on "the very best" of everything, constructed by uber-excited people who're aware its the pinnacle of their careers, weddings are usually boring affairs. Especially theirs - they can only do so much. Its the sweet little moments that make it special - which are probably lost some people.

and I'm not a fan of her normal heavy lower lashline, but I really thought her makeup was perfect for the event - loved the lip color and blush! (& her wrinkles weren't visible, lol) She looked that perfect combo of happy and relaxed and excited and confident which is remarkable and fascinating for someone experiencing all that she was.

But did you see the closeups of the CAKE! OMG OMG OMG!
ok, i'm done now. Laughing

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Lori A - I enjoyed your post.

LoriA wrote:
(Sorry to bring this up again for everyone who was saturated!)

I'm certainly not the type to get all excited in advance, but once it happened, I did end up surfing around for much more than I thought I would. I wasn't expecting much, but found myself getting swept up... I read that he blurted out "I love you, you look beautiful" when he saw her and oh boy, that got me! He also kept asking her if she was okay throughout the day which is lovely considering how much pressure she was under. sniff.

I don't have a tv, but truth be told, I might have stayed home to watch the whole thing if I did. Also if a Fashion TV marathon was on, lol!

By the way, she's not allowed to wear strapless or even short sleeves in the church.
And I don't think there was any drama when C&D got married either - it came later.

Unless you're a romantic, or into the clothes or the fact that a bazillion people are watching and a bazillion dollars have been spent by royalty on "the very best" of everything, constructed by uber-excited people who're aware its the pinnacle of their careers, weddings are usually boring affairs. Especially theirs - they can only do so much. Its the sweet little moments that make it special - which are probably lost some people.

and I'm not a fan of her normal heavy lower lashline, but I really thought her makeup was perfect for the event - loved the lip color and blush! (& her wrinkles weren't visible, lol) She looked that perfect combo of happy and relaxed and excited and confident which is remarkable and fascinating for someone experiencing all that she was.

But did you see the closeups of the CAKE! OMG OMG OMG!
ok, i'm done now. Laughing

Sun May 12, 2024 9:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Vie Collection Mela White Radiance Brightening Essence (150 ml / 5 floz) Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |