Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Zeno hot spot, worth getting for blemishes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 1:46 am      Reply with quote
I saw that EDS has the Zeno Hotspot.
It looks like it could be good for those blemishes that you catch right before they start?

Is it worth getting,I have read quite a few good reviews and some that were so-so.

Anyone have experience with it?
from what I read you get 80 uses out of it then have to buy a new one?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Hmm I dunno, I always feel like these sort of things are more gimmicks than anything. I would much rather use medications and topical treatments. I know I saw a review of one on youtube and the guy was pretty much saying it doesn't do anything at all... though I'm not sure if he was reviewing the same brand.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 2:43 am      Reply with quote
I can't comment on the Zeno because I've never used it. But I do have a High Frequency Wand - and these are very effective for killing bacteria and healing pimples.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I had a Zeno to treat pimples-- a total waste of money, IMO. They would shrink some, but they pretty much had to run their entire course before healing. Totally agree with Keliu, get a professional HF device. Although the argon (blue) is supposed to be for blemishes while neon (orange) is for antiaging, I successfully treated spots with both. (I have a complete neon set & the bulb head argon). Zits heal *much* faster with the HF device.

The only trouble I had was when I started getting zits on my chin due to hormones. Those would not heal with the HF device & eventually had to go on doxycycline. However, spots on the cheeks & chin were very responsive. Good luck!

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Would a Clarisonic be considered a high frequency device or is it too slow?
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 10:13 am      Reply with quote
No no, the professional HF device is that "bug zapper" device that the aesthetician runs over your face when you get a European style facial. It's a completely different animal from the Clarisonic. You can read more about HF devices here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=38630

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Oh I see, so high frequency in terms of electrical impulses. Thanks for the link!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
No no, the professional HF device is that "bug zapper" device that the aesthetician runs over your face when you get a European style facial. It's a completely different animal from the Clarisonic. You can read more about HF devices here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=38630

I've used that "bug zapper" device when I went to the esthetician- it was ok...but I did not enjoy it very much.

I just went to a Cosmetic surgeon/dermatologist today and he said I would be better off with spot treatments for individual blemishes as I do not get that many.

Also did the Visia complexion analysis and it said my skin for spots overall is better than 78% of people who are 34 years old....so at least that is good Smile

sucky thing is....I have large pores in the T zone and combination skin (but already knew that).

Maybe I'll just stick to my Mario Badescu blemish treatments as they do work,but I would like something that is not a product.

I don't really like the feeling of "zapping" my skin, so thought heat might have been somewhat useful??
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Dermawand to zap pimples. It definitely helps.
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I was getting just a few spots on my cheeks, but they would hang around *forever* and as soon as one was on its way out another would crop up. If you just get a few spots once in a while, perhaps you should stick with topicals? Or maybe get started on retin-a? Good luck!

Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:28 am      Reply with quote
I finally took the plunge and bought a Zeno mini today!
But I only paid $14 for it Smile

it was supposed to be $22 at the drugstore,but there is a policy on the door that if your item scans wrong the store is supposed to give you a extra $10 off!
had to tell the cashier then speak to the manager as cashier was clueless Smile

But yay! got my extra $10 off.

I tried the Zeno on 2 stubborn blemishes that were not going away or going away extremely slowly (like over 1 month and still looking bad).

And after 3 treatments there is a big improvement in those 2 spots.
So pleased with that at least.
I do not get that many blemishes, just occasional on my chin, prob hormonal/genetic I guess....

I've tried retin A before, differin,many topical from the derm and none of those treatments prevented these blemishes.

The store has 1 or 2 more units on the clearance shelf,I might consider going back to get another one at $22

I also did not expect the Zeno to be that hot- i have quite sensitive skin and some red spots on my face now....
Deheune
5% products discount

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:32 am      Reply with quote
The Zeno has limited use, but I'm glad I have one. I had the original and when the refill heads got pricey for it I switched to the cheaper mini one. It won't help for whiteheads, but definitely helps me when I catch an erupting blemish. It will leave a circle on the skin afterwards, but for me that only lasts for a couple minutes. I use it a few times during a PMS cycle.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I had a Zeno back in the day. Not worth it in my opinion (back then it was). When I used it, I had acne, and it was the only thing that helped clear them fast. This was ten years ago when it first came out. I pulled it out of the closet a few years ago and it doesn't even turn on anymore, disappointing considering I only used it for three refills (what is that, 270 times??). Although it looks like the price has dropped dramatically (I paid $185 for the first generation) so you won't be out any cash if it doesn't work.

Now there are so many other better options on the market. I'd have to agree with all the other HF votes out there. Not only is it for spot treatments, but I've experienced such a wonderful skin refining (over time, be patient). In fact, I rarely use my HF for spot treatment, its just not necessary. It disinfects the whole area. Its like an antibacterial wand. If you didn't like it at the esty, they likely have it up way too high for max results, I bought a pro version and I had to work up to the highest setting for comfort. Sorry about the HF enthusiasm, I'm really just a fan. It takes minimal time and my skin loves it.

Bottom line- yeah, Zeno works. Saved my face back in 2001. Better things on the market that do the job with better results as well as comprehensive results? YES.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Would you guys use an HF device on your teenage boy? I was thinking of the zeno but not sure it is worth the money now. He is not horrible and his angry pimples are scattered but they seem to take a long time to go away. Also he has always had tiny black heads on his nose that I could never get rid of and now they can become pimples. The most shocking is his upper back though. I guess it is a boy thing. I never had that.

I have thought of a Blue Light. I don't think he will take the time to do it but he might let me. I think it is time consuming, right? Speaking of the Blue Light, I have some bumps under my skin on my cheeks and some tiny ones all over my forehead (probably from my hair). Do you think Blue Light would improve this on me?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
Would you guys use an HF device on your teenage boy? I was thinking of the zeno but not sure it is worth the money now. He is not horrible and his angry pimples are scattered but they seem to take a long time to go away. Also he has always had tiny black heads on his nose that I could never get rid of and now they can become pimples. The most shocking is his upper back though. I guess it is a boy thing. I never had that.

I have thought of a Blue Light. I don't think he will take the time to do it but he might let me. I think it is time consuming, right? Speaking of the Blue Light, I have some bumps under my skin on my cheeks and some tiny ones all over my forehead (probably from my hair). Do you think Blue Light would improve this on me?

I would definitely try a HF device for breakouts - it does kill bacteria and would be perfectly suitable for your teenage boy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:20 am      Reply with quote
I'm also want to read review of the product.But I can not find it.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Keliu is right. The HF wand is terrific: I use it on my sons spots, its brilliant, so long as they dont mind the feeling of a bit of a zap..I can see an orange line snake out of the tip of the wand into the spot sometimes! Very sci -fi..and super effective.

While on the topic, I have to mention that nano cyclic silver soap is the tops for acne, and it often gets overlooked or isnt known about. Definitely worth investing in a bar.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |