Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

suggestion needed for which vitamin c serum to get?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shaselai
5% products discount

Mon May 09, 2011 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I looked around the site and found people given decent reviews for "cosmeticskinsolutions" so i went there to get vitamin c serum for hyperpigmentation but not sure which one is the "best" for it? I read people use C-E-FERULIC-SERUM but the site also has the vitamin c 20+ OX and many others... can someone enlighten me? thanks!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
shaselai wrote:
I looked around the site and found people given decent reviews for "cosmeticskinsolutions" so i went there to get vitamin c serum for hyperpigmentation but not sure which one is the "best" for it? I read people use C-E-FERULIC-SERUM but the site also has the vitamin c 20+ OX and many others... can someone enlighten me? thanks!

If choosing to purchase and not DIY I would go with the CEF formula. Very Happy JMHO

5% products discount

Mon May 09, 2011 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
how long do these products last if kept in good condition? Will it "go bad" before one finishes if using twice a day?

Would the following regimen interfere?
AM:
Vit C -> Pigment regulator -> finacea -> sun screen

PM:
Vit C -> retin a -> pigment regulator -> finacea

?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
shaselai wrote:
how long do these products last if kept in good condition? Will it "go bad" before one finishes if using twice a day?

Would the following regimen interfere?
AM:
Vit C -> Pigment regulator -> finacea -> sun screen

PM:
Vit C -> retin a -> pigment regulator -> finacea

?

I'm not too sure about finacea, but the rest shouldn't interact with each other. Just make sure you wait at least 20-30 minutes before applying the next layer.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
The combination of C, E and ferulic turned my skin orange. Ferulic is iron so I rusted. Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
The combination of C, E and ferulic turned my skin orange. Ferulic is iron so I rusted. Laughing

Many use either purchased or DIY C-E-F in combination without turning orange. The more likely culprit would be oxidized C which does hit a very orange stage during oxidation. the combo works in synergy and all are highly antioxidant.

http://chemicalland21.com/lifescience/foco/FERULIC%20ACID.htm

FERULIC ACID-Properties:
white to off-white crystalline powder

Polyphenols are referred to a group of phenolic compounds which have at least two hydroxy groups in one molecules found in plants. At a lower concentration than that of the oxidizable substrate, polyphenols act as primary antioxidants which inhibit or delay the oxidative processes by the donation of an electron or hydrogen atom, resulting in the protection of cells and body before cell damage caused by highly reactive free radicals and atoms. Polyphenols are components of flavonoids, plant pigments, flavours of plants. Polyphenols are taken application of free radical scavenging properties and chelating capacities for anti-aging and cancer prevention. Ferulic Acid, having two isomers: the cis form is a yellow oily liquid, and the trans form is crystalline, is a powerful membrane antioxidant to prevent free radicals in muscle tissue. It cab be used as an UV protection agent in skin-care products for anti-aging and anti-wrinkling.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Ferulic acid chemistry
Ferulic acid is a ubiquitous plant constituent found in plant cell walls, leaves and seeds. It is made from the metabolism of phenylalanine and tyrosine. It occurs primarily in seeds and leaves both in its free form and covalently linked to lignin and other biopolymers. Due to its phenolic nucleus and an extended side chain conjugation, it readily forms a resonance stabilized phenoxy radical which accounts for its potent antioxidant potential. UV absorption by ferulic acid catalyzes stable phenoxy radical formation and thereby potentiates its ability to terminate free radical chain reactions. By virtue of effectively scavenging deleterious radicals and suppressing radiation-induced oxidative reactions, ferulic acid may serve an important antioxidant function in preserving physiological integrity of cells exposed to both air and impinging UV radiation. Similar photoprotection is afforded to skin by ferulic acid dissolved in cosmetic lotions. Its addition to foods inhibits lipid peroxidation and subsequent oxidative spoilage. By the same mechanism ferulic acid may protect against various inflammatory diseases. A number of other industrial applications are based on the antioxidant potential of ferulic acid.

http://www.raysahelian.com/ferulicacid.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Ferric is iron, ferulic is something different... I agree with the others that its the Vitamin C turning you orange. I mix my own every week, works great, never oxidizes. I love Kassy's CE-Ferulic DIY. Mine doesn't last more than two weeks before turning. I think the Ferulic stabilizes it a bit, correct me if I'm wrong. But its very simple to make, and if I mess it up and it separates, I ignore it and shake before use.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 6:27 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:

Hi SoftSkin,

I use the SkinCeuticals CE + Ferulic. If it turned your skin orange, than the product is not fresh and has already oxidized. I usually purhcase mine direct from SkinCeuticals and the product is clear, but I ran out last month and needed a bottle quick, so I found a salon in my area that carries it. When I got home with the Vit. C serum, it was completely orange in the bottle. Oh well, I used it but will never do that again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I make my own with C-E-F and it is not orange, unless I were to allow it to sit around in bright light and exposed to air constantly in order to oxidize the C. My Ferulic acid is a white powder.

5% products discount

Tue May 10, 2011 8:10 am      Reply with quote
whats the best way to tell if the product has expired? smell/taste or color not clear?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 8:50 am      Reply with quote
shaselai wrote:
whats the best way to tell if the product has expired? smell/taste or color not clear?

Yeah, usually if your VitC has changed orange, then it's a sign that it has oxidized i.e. expired.

And like Ava said, ferulic is an organic compound, which is not the same as ferric, so it does not actually contain iron.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 10:01 am      Reply with quote
shaselai wrote:

One reason so many choose to make their own, the first stage of oxidation shows no color change at all. As soon as you see even a hint of a champagne or peach color it is in the second stage of oxidation already, by the time it hits orange it is definitely time to pitch it in the trash.

5% products discount

Tue May 10, 2011 11:19 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
shaselai wrote:

One reason so many choose to make their own, the first stage of oxidation shows no color change at all. As soon as you see even a hint of a champagne or peach color it is in the second stage of oxidation already, by the time it hits orange it is definitely time to pitch it in the trash.

do a lot of these vit c products expire before all used up? i am not sure i can make something like the formula for cef
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I use the CellularSkinRx Vit C + Firming, it's really nice. Not yellow, clear, and goes on beautifully. They sell it here at EDS.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
I use the CellularSkinRx Vit C + Firming, it's really nice. Not yellow, clear, and goes on beautifully. They sell it here at EDS.

WOW. That's pricey for the ingredients!

For 1oz $38.00

Active Ingredients that Work L-Ascorbic Acid

Other Ingredients: Butylene Glycol Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2011 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi,I was wondering if anyone tried Perfect Complexion Pure C ($30 , 1 ounce) or Pure Perfection ($40, 1 ounce)
This is from PerfectComplexion.net where their Latte peels and other TCA peeps are popular on the forum. Stuff looks potent.

Anyone?
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2011 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
shaselai,

It seems that the DIY is the best, since C vit seems to oxidize very quickly.

Maybe, I’m a bit lazy but did not want to spend the time doing my vit C serum and nor I wanted to spend my $ on something that might go bad before I use it all.

My solution was vit C package in capsules. They are only 10% Alyria Antioxidant capsules. 10% is not as strong as some people would say they need, but for me it works great. I see that my skin is more radiant when I use those capsules. I have tried stopping it 2 weeks and then start again to make sure it was the Vit C that worked so good on my skin, and it was.
http://www.eskincarestore.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=1271&idproduct=6935

I also used an other serum for the other antioxidants I wanted. Garden of Wisdom super charged B-5 antioxidant gel. I’m not so sure about it, I’m still testing and might try others.
desigal

Thu May 12, 2011 8:17 am      Reply with quote
So this is my first post ever, though I have been reading quiet a bit for past few weeks. After reading rave reviews on Finacea, i decided to give it a try. I have these skin colored bumps only on my checks that seem to appear overnight (almost like a rash), and they dont form a head nor do they disapear. When i had these bumps before i popped them one by one leaving my skin quiet pigmented, took about 3-6 months for the skin to heal and get back to normal color. So this time when i got the bumps i decided to NOT POP THEM but be patient and try Finacea. Since I am pregnant now this is the only thing i am using.
Its been 2 weeks since, all my skin colored bumps have become quiet red and they seemed to be dry but the size still appears the same hasent reduced at all. I guess I was expecting a miracle that some of you have experienced.

How long before you see visible difference in the size of the bumps? Also, 3-4 bumps actually came to head, does finacea cause purging initally? Basically I am trying to find out if the bumps will be flattened by finacea or will it get them to head and then heal them. Please let me know your experience, it should keep me going.

Thanks!

Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |