Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
Schwarzenegger/Shriver - news worthy? sad? typical?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 9:55 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
If he lived in the UK, he could have applied for a super injunction.

So who is the footballer whom the Scottish newspaper exposed? Who is the family man actor? Anyone else named on Twitter? I don't have Twitter so I am curious. Any cheating women with super injunctions?
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 11:39 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Penta wrote:
Don't be mean, guys. Maybe he got tired of the overly made up, plastic look and prefers them more natural? Or maybe she had a really nice, loving personality?

Sorry Penta, it is just many actress over the years have said he got rather frisky, putting it nicely. The one picture I saw may have been a bad rag mag type photo? Question

Regarding her lovely personality, I find it a stretch for a woman to sleep with another woman's husband and yet be a nice decent person.

Yeah, point taken. But still, I don't think bashing a woman on the basis of her looks is a nice thing to do. It makes me really sad that women are judged on their outer appearance to this extent. Now here's a nice possibility to make a perfectly reasonable assumption about somebody's character: People could have said that she has a terrible personality because she slept with a married man. But nobody did.

I know it's a fact of life that we are judged more harshly on our looks than men but it's still sad.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin:-

Ryan Giggs
Hugh Bonneville
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Penta wrote:
Don't be mean, guys. Maybe he got tired of the overly made up, plastic look and prefers them more natural? Or maybe she had a really nice, loving personality?

Sorry Penta, it is just many actress over the years have said he got rather frisky, putting it nicely. The one picture I saw may have been a bad rag mag type photo? Question

Regarding her lovely personality, I find it a stretch for a woman to sleep with another woman's husband and yet be a nice decent person.

Yeah, point taken. But still, I don't think bashing a woman on the basis of her looks is a nice thing to do. It makes me really sad that women are judged on their outer appearance to this extent. Now here's a nice possibility to make a perfectly reasonable assumption about somebody's character: People could have said that she has a terrible personality because she slept with a married man. But nobody did.

I know it's a fact of life that we are judged more harshly on our looks than men but it's still sad.

I agree about bashing anyone based on looks, It was a tad of my silly humor, and the media do their best to show people at their worst sometimes. So again I am sorry for that part of my comment.

I know infidelity runs rampant, but I find it unconscionable on the part of both parties, that doesn't make me think kindly of her or him.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm surprised more women don't understand the truth about many men, particular the insecure or powerful - they marry the best looking option they can get, they sleep with whomever will sleep with them.

Are women so different? "I'll go out with the sweetest guy I can find, but only marry the best provided I can attract"

It's nice to be all sentimental, etc. but reality is what it is.

BFG
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Penta wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Penta wrote:

I agree about bashing anyone based on looks, It was a tad of my silly humor, and the media do their best to show people at their worst sometimes. So again I am sorry for that part of my comment.

I know infidelity runs rampant, but I find it unconscionable on the part of both parties, that doesn't make me think kindly of her or him.

Yeah, that's very true. It's definitely a disgusting thing to do. Poor wife. Just imagine what that sort of betrayal does to a person. Sad
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
^ Exactly. I find this story so upsetting.
I just don't know how people are able to move on and live their lives after such extreme betrayals of trust. I suppose if they grow up with a full extended family/support structure, aware that such things can go on even within immediate families without their even knowing, its might cushion the blows later on when it comes up in their own lives. So with this knowledge they're able to process it, recover and move on to taking risks again, knowing they'll be able to bounce back and survive.

I'm just wondering what happens to those who aren't in any way prepared and thus experience more severe emotional trauma. I wonder how those that successfully heal and get over feeling vulnerable & suspicious of the world, do that and move on to taking risks again.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
I just don't know how people are able to move on and live their lives after such extreme betrayals of trust. I suppose if they grow up with a full extended family/support structure, aware that such things can go on even within immediate families without their even knowing, its might cushion the blows later on when it comes up in their own lives. So with this knowledge they're able to process it, recover and move on to taking risks again, knowing they'll be able to bounce back and survive.

I'm just wondering what happens to those who aren't in any way prepared and thus experience more severe emotional trauma. I wonder how those that successfully heal and get over feeling vulnerable & suspicious of the world, do that and move on to taking risks again.

I can certainly share my unexpected betrayal from loved ones. My reaction was not good. No matter how proactive I tried to be. It took years and sometimes you never recover from betrayal.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Me too. Not one to resign myself to defeat, I've kept one foot in front of the other, but even after several years of bluffing my way through, its obvious I'm keeping literally everyone at arms length.
This is kind of common to the human experience though and people have managed to connect and thrive after far worse scenarios than mine, so there are solutions out there to be found!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:

Ryan Giggs
Hugh Bonneville

Ryan Giggs is in all the papers now (never heard of him) but no mention of Hugh so far. Not exactly a big star, in my opinion, but perhaps he is in the UK.
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 12:46 am      Reply with quote
clustersof3 wrote:
Keliu wrote:
rmc7 wrote:
Sickening...why the hell wouldn't he call me? Wink

He did call - but you were out. He left a message, he said "I'll be baaaack!"

OMG!!!! Good one! Cool

LOL,Keliu,too funny!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 3:02 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Holmes wrote:

Ryan Giggs
Hugh Bonneville

Ryan Giggs is in all the papers now (never heard of him) but no mention of Hugh so far. Not exactly a big star, in my opinion, but perhaps he is in the UK.

Ryan Giggs is very famous over here. HB is well-known at the moment for being in "Downton Abbey", although he has appeared in many other things over the years - including "Doctor Who" very recently.

Some of the UK newspapers, gagged as they were by the super injunction, kept publishing pictures of the two with their wives with the tiniest of veiled hints. In the meantime, anyone with access to the Internet immediately googled them to find out.

I wouldn't normally bother with famous idiots who are care so little about their wives and families that they can't keep their trousers on, but this super injunction business is a danger to free speech and must be stopped. In any case, it has backfired spectacularly and made sure that everyone wants to know their identities - even people like myself who normally aren't particularly interested in celebrity gossip.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 3:06 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Any cheating women with super injunctions?

I don't know of any. Whilst some women do cheat, I think that many of them appear to be have the ability to exercise more control over the contents of their underwear than men (either that or they're more discreet!)
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
LoriA wrote:

I can certainly share my unexpected betrayal from loved ones. My reaction was not good. No matter how proactive I tried to be. It took years and sometimes you never recover from betrayal.

My high school boyfriend cheated on me when I was 16, kissing another girl. I didn't even particularly like him but it sure stayed with me.
So I can only imagine what it would be like to endure a full-fledged betrayal. Ugh. Just the thought of it makes my tummy turn.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |