Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
HELP- MY NECK!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hoenstly I have tried so much and it still seems to get progressively worse.
For the past 6 months I've done dermarolling every 6 weeks , AALS (average 3x week with green tea spray) ,STOP full course and then now every fortnight and good moisturizers daily.I also did Lou Lou's exercises for a bit but have been a bit slack there... Embarassed
The other day I noticed the skin down the centre, the worst bit on me was actually getting worse instead of improving-more slack and wrinkly Sad
I eat well, don't smoke, don't drink-it's driving me nuts because it doesn't match my face which looks much better..
does anyone have any tips at allfor improving the elasticity or advice on how to improve on what I'm already doing? I'm hoping I don't need to mske it bleed for the dermaroller to work!? Maybe I need to do the dermaroller more regular simply for product penetration??
The neck area really is a tough one!! ANy advice mucho appreciated-surely some of you ladies are feeling my pain Laughing

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for the dilemma about the neck....we all have our areas. Very recently I have spoken to several people that have had success with the galvanic spa II helping with neck issues. They said the galvanic spa II is stronger than the previous one. I don't own one and don't have the neck problem but wanted to share what I have heard.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the feedback Toby Very Happy
I honestly hesitate to buy another gadget until I have maximised the ones i have-too much money you see...Hoping maybe I can tweak my routine with the ones I have or find a good serum/cream or non gadget based treatment etc..
I did read up on the Galvanic spa a while back but from what I could grasp alot was based on the serums that came with it(?) which could cost upwards of $60 monthly...eek!

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - Am with you on the neck! I have the same problem. Both sides of my neck aren't too bad from AALS but the front of the neck is crinkly.
Kassy recommended a vaculift. I just purchased one and have started - too early to tell but
we'll give it a few weeks - Good Luck - DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I saw that the serums were costly but many people are using Rankine Remedies in Canada and saving a lot.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi - Am with you on the neck! I have the same problem. Both sides of my neck aren't too bad from AALS but the front of the neck is crinkly.
Kassy recommended a vaculift. I just purchased one and have started - too early to tell but

Ah yes -that was the one other device I was interested in from perusing this forum and it wasn't TOO expensive! I forgot about it but had it bookmarked...!
I just searched Kassy's posts about it and you are right she said she had success with her neck using the small face version. I just may have to purchase this when I get back from my summer holidays in a few weeks! I like the concept though I keep getting paranoid abut posts I read about stretching the skin making it worse over time(i.e vaculifter,cupping,facial exercise) Neutral
thanks for reminding me DiPhx! Very Happy

packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Are there any threads discussing the Galvanic Spa? I tried searching but, couldn't find any.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just found a few posts. Thank you.
havana8

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
re-posting for Firewoman--welcome to EDS Smile

Firewoman wrote:
I am going to be 37 years old in a few days. I just noticed that my neck skin is starting to sag a little and seems to be somewhat dry. Oh no! When did THAT happen! Any advice for dealing with this? I want to hit this problem HARD! I am looking for an AGGRESSIVE approach.

Note: The skin on my face is oily, but my neck and the rest of my body is dry. I have a form of arthritis and am prone to inflammation. Does this affect the skin?
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
This is also the main area that I tend to focus on. I'm in my early 50's and have very few lines and wrinkles on my face, but the middle part of my neck started to act up in my 40's. Whenever I have to look downwards into a mirror I proceed with caution. I just started doing facial exercises and the Tanaka massage on a regular basis. Right now, I have a rash on on side of my neck that I'm trying to figure out where it came from.
Firewoman

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just amazed how DRY my neck feels! This is a brand new thing. For a while last year I was taking a supplement from Murad called Wet Suit. It really did make my skin feel softer and moisturized. I searched for it recently, and it appears they don't make it anymore. Its purpose was to help cells to hold moisture.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried massage? Proper massage techniques help a lot for my neck. I do lotion mask every night on the neck for 1+ month, the lines are fading.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Critic's mentioned massage, which is a really great thing for the neck, but I also think things like dry brushing and slight exfoliation can help but the real biggie for the neck is posture. Sometimes your find that if you stand with your head straight, and your neck aligned, it improves the appearance of the neck dramatically than if your shoulders are rounded, and your head is curving over somewhat. Also the neck itself although it does have a muscle, its a sheet like kind of muscle so I have often found that by doing exercises like shrugs etc with weights, over time you can build up and beef up that muscle too.

With our necks, we often neglect them when we use skin remodelling agents too (just think retinoids, retin A, Cps or even Vit C) and its worth using them on the neck. Sun protection is also a biggie for most people, as they focus usually only on their faces, forgetting that the neck can suffer sun damage as much as anywhere (and usually it doesn't show up right away either).

Just some thoughts!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Pollyanna wrote:
DiPhx wrote:

Ah yes -that was the one other device I was interested in from perusing this forum and it wasn't TOO expensive! I forgot about it but had it bookmarked...!
I just searched Kassy's posts about it and you are right she said she had success with her neck using the small face version. I just may have to purchase this when I get back from my summer holidays in a few weeks! I like the concept though I keep getting paranoid abut posts I read about stretching the skin making it worse over time(i.e vaculifter,cupping,facial exercise) Neutral

Yep, the sm vaculifter worked well on my neck. (Just to clarify though, I had sudden/acute loosening of my neck skin by damage caused after using the STOP device. I believe mine was defective although I never got to the bottom of it.)

Anyway, fairly aggressive and frequent use of the vaculifter tightened the skin back up. Like anything else though, you must use consistently/regularly or you turn back into a toad once again.. Embarassed (The dreaded aging process marches on.)

Here's my dreaded damaged neck + jaw + the after vaculifter pictures;

Image Image

And just for ha ha's, this picture was taken on my 59th birthday, and it was 11 days prior to my 1st STOP treatment. You can clearly see I had no damaged skin on my neck. (And I assure you I don't have a clue about hockus pockus or photoshopping.. Laughing) Wish I did though.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
You look great Kassy~I'm going to check out the vaculifter. Massage/facial exercises for the short period of time I've used them are helping. Also I just started strength training on a regular basis, and like Sean mentioned, when I do shoulder presses and other exercises, I can see the muscles in my neck working out.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Angelfire - I got my vaculift from the German
ebay seller "beauty for ever." Had to go through 3 auctions but finally won the third acution. Got the vaculift for 16 euros and the
shipping was more expensive - but all in all
it worked out well. The shipping to the US was a little over a month. NCN also sells them but they are a bit more expensive there. They take a bit to get used to but once you get used to them, they're fine. Kssy is right, the small face has the best suction -it takes a bit longer to do the neck but the result is better!
Good luck - DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Really? I find the Large Face has the most suction, but it's harder to do the neck, and eyes, upper lip, forget it!

I like that though, the more suction the better, and I've never bruised..though I do face massage regularly with Ageless (about to bump up to FlexEffect v3). Doing the eyes feels a bit "wrong" but it really opens them up and thickens the skin.

I've both Small and Large face and I use of them every few days. I've got lovely, thick, clear skin (use it with OCM), you will feel a difference just by touch. As I'm 38 I'm lucky enough not to have a crinkly neck, though I do get quite stringy when I smile these days Sad

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have a Wellbox, and don't know why but I've only used the facial attachments one time. I think because until I found this forum, I was under the mistaken out dated impression that to much facial manipulation would create more problems. I'm going to start using it on my face and neck.
havana8

Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
re-posting for hattie

hattie wrote:
I am 50 and have recently noticed the middle part of my throat is looking not so good. What is the best product you have found to improve this? Also, any recommendations for lip line products that work??

Thanks!!
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem, I think my face looks decent, but my neck is horrible. I do everything to my neck that I do for my face, x2 sometimes. I will say I don't keep up with the exercises like I should probably.

I wish Kassy's pics would still show, but maybe I'll look into the vaculifter.

Thinking about the big PS Sad But first I think I'll go for the new Flex Effect and give that a try for a few months.
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Pollyanna wrote:
DiPhx wrote:

Yep, the sm vaculifter worked well on my neck. (Just to clarify though, I had sudden/acute loosening of my neck skin by damage caused after using the STOP device. I believe mine was defective although I never got to the bottom of it.)

Anyway, fairly aggressive and frequent use of the vaculifter tightened the skin back up. Like anything else though, you must use consistently/regularly or you turn back into a toad once again.. Embarassed (The dreaded aging process marches on.)

Here's my dreaded damaged neck + jaw + the after vaculifter pictures;

Image Image

And just for ha ha's, this picture was taken on my 59th birthday, and it was 11 days prior to my 1st STOP treatment. You can clearly see I had no damaged skin on my neck. (And I assure you I don't have a clue about hockus pockus or photoshopping.. Laughing) Wish I did though.

oh darn I've been away on holiday and missed these pics Sad very kind of you to post them though...
I'm going to order a Vaculifter today (small one) but this business with the STOP you mention Kassy really worries me as I use it every fortnight now on maintenance and worry that it has possibly exacerbated my problems!? Did you every figure it out Kassy?Did this occur after a long period of time not using it anymore or did this occur as a result of using it? Do you think maybe I should 'stop' using it -no pun intended Laughing

Bermie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:24 am      Reply with quote
My neck is starting to worry me too! My face is ok but the neck is starting to get lines. I have been looking for a really good cream or serum, its so hard and some of them are so expensive.

I love my LED but not being able to use it on the front of the neck is a pain. Might have to have a look at the vaculifter?
Laurin
5% products discount

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I wish this neck thread was a bit more active; my neck is probably what got me in this forum, but actually I was doing some face exercises too and trying to find out the BEST neck exercises for a turkey type neck that has the strings, not the double chin.

However since I joined (yesterday) I have found all kinds of goodies I want to purchase, just trying to decide which one to get first, then second, then third, ha ha ha, the list has been getting longer, the more I read!!! Shock

Anyway, I truly want the vaculift but found these on sale and thought they might fit the bill til I get enough for the vaculift which you unfortunately seem to need at least two of.

I can't post links yet, but go to chiactivate dot com/products/suctioncupping/massagecupping.shtml to see a set of 6 cups on sale for $27; but wondering if I should just wait til I can get the vaculift Question
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Laurin! I wish you had posted a week ago. I tossed out 2 cupping sets I purchased befor the Vaculifters, and I would have been happy to send you them.

It's just MHO, but they were crap compared to the Vaculifter. I found them extremely hard to maneuver, and a b!tch on the hands, with the continued squeezing required to keep the suction. (With the Vaculifter you just squeeze and glide, without having to continually 'squeeze'!)

My advice is to save up and just get the small face Vaculifter. It will cover you for all areas of the face, neck and decollete'.

My large face 'V' never comes out of the box anymore... For me it's too big for anything more than the cheeks. It doesn't grip well at all on my neck, and is totally useless around the eyes and mouth. It works great on my upper arms, but I never have time for it ... Crying or Very sad

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie wrote:
My neck is starting to worry me too! My face is ok but the neck is starting to get lines. I have been looking for a really good cream or serum, its so hard and some of them are so expensive.

I love my LED but not being able to use it on the front of the neck is a pain. Might have to have a look at the vaculifter?

uh oh... am I going to hell for using my AALS on the front of my neck? Laughing anyone know if is it really that big a deal? I'm desperate!

p.s. @kassy would you be able to respond to my previous post about your experience with STOP?Im'ma bit paranoid...hehe Smile

System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |