Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Abnormal pap smear
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering if any of you has had an "abnormal" pap smear, needing further investigation - Colposcospy?
I know I probaly shouldnt have but of course I went onnline and scared myself stupid!! Think Ive given my DH a terrible shock with it alll Shock Just needing some reassurrance I think.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:10 am      Reply with quote
A few years ago I got a series of "class 2"'s, I believe? (Where 1 is normal and 2 isn't.) It came back class 2 for the third time and my doc at the time was insisting on a colposcospy <---- wow, is that the right spelling?
Anyway, since I knew that I'd been having some mild ongoing yeast infections and that those can complicate the results of a pap making it simply "cloudy", I refused. She was really mad, telling me I was being quite irresponsible but I was adamant telling her that I'd make sure I got rid of the infection instead. So I went in for another pap a few days later and another one shortly after which both came out clear, and nothing else was required.

So Sylvia try not to worry. I was really scared and I wish she'd have told me sooner that there was a possibility of something as simple as my story being the end result. I'm not encouraging you not to get the c if it is necessary but be aware that people can get irregular results all the time for various less-than-serious reasons.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
sarahsara

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
The same thing happened to my sister a couple months ago. She went to the doctor after a raging yeast infection which caused her pap to come back with abnormal. The doctor wanted to do the colposcopy which really freaked her out. This is someone who has NEVER had an abnormal pap ever. I told her not to worry but I couldn't understand why the Dr. wanted to perform the colposcopy when I would think the current yeast infection was the cause of the abnormal pap. I told her the doctor should just re-perform her pap after she cleared up the yeast infection with the medicine that was prescribed. The doctor was really mad at her and wanted to schedule the colopospy the following week. She was SO nasty to her because she refused to schedule the appointment it was horrible! Instead she did what I told her and in addition to that she came home and went to her normal doctor (this new Dr. she saw was while she was at school) and her pap was free and clear.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
Just wondering if any of you has had an "abnormal" pap smear, needing further investigation - Colposcospy?
I know I probaly shouldnt have but of course I went onnline and scared myself stupid!! Think Ive given my DH a terrible shock with it alll Shock Just needing some reassurrance I think.

But on another note, a couple years ago I had an abnormal pap there was some "Strange" cells so my doctor performed 1st the Biopsy. Then when he didn't like what he saw so as an precaution performed the Colposcospy. He wanted to remove the area that looked "Dark" to him. After the colposcopy I had to go back for a pap every I think 2 or 3 months. After the 3rd pap I was given the "Thumbs Up". He said the reason for coming back was to just make sure that nothing came back and everything looked good. Now thinking back, it has been 8 years now and I haven't had any more bad paps.

5% products discount

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I had several "slightly abnormal" pap smears in a row. My doctor put me on a 6 month cycle and did a colposcopy when they persisted. It was no big deal - felt like a normal pap to me. Everything was healthy and he felt no need to biopsy. He also offered to show me my cervix on video. I declined.

I later learned that one thing that can impact your pap results is tub baths, which are common for me. I make sure to avoid them for 24 hours before paps now and I've had normal results ever since.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:56 am      Reply with quote
thank you all for this, I didnt know about the yeast connection ,nor the thing about baths I love baths, I could well have had one before it!!
I have the appointment now it is frid next week.I will post and let you know how it goes. Somehow knowing others have been through this and had nothing bad happen really really is reassurring thanx

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I had it happen once after I had my first son, it resolved itself with no problems at all. Then again just 2 summers ago and they did a biopsy, however they found precancer cells so I had LEEP surgery done. Now, I'm perfectly fine, all is well. So even if they do find something, it's shouldn't be anything too worrying. Now I just have to get PAP smears every 6 months just as precaution which I don't mind at all. It's better to get checked, then not. Hopefully this helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
For most conditions and diseases, the odds are in your favor that you will be fine.
cashmerelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have and it self corrected after about six months. An abnormal pap actually does not tell you much except that you might need either closer surveillance with a repeat in six months, or a colposcopy to get some tissue by biopsy and actually tell you what abnormal means, is it just a small area that needs cryotherapy (liquid nitrogen like for foot warts) or something requiring more surgical intervention, like a LEEP procedure. I would really not worry this early, just go with the recommendations for next step.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:10 am      Reply with quote
White wolf, cashmerelover ( btw love your name) and softskin once again thank you I am not worrying so much having read all your posts. I kind of swing between no bother at all to thinking about life insurance Mind you with two minxs to look after luckily there isn't much time for introspection.
Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I had a biopsy after a bout of ovarian cysts that created a massive infection in my body. Not going to lie, it sucked. They took a dime sized chunk of bloody tissue. Pain isn't what you think, more like a tearing sensation of pressure. I don't know how to describe it, but the nerves there are strange. And I didn't feel that great for the rest of the day, but no symptoms of acute pain.

On the other hand, my sister had an abnormal routine pap smear. Went back for another a month later, all normal. I suspect virus's and other illnesses can mess up your body chemistry down there, but they clear up themselves.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
ever since I got my first one in 2006 they've come back abnormal. I had a biopsy done in 2007 that was inconclusive. Last year I was supposed to have the LEEP thing done but never got around to it (yes I know that was horribly irresponsible and possibly dangerous). Then this year it came back normal?

I don't know what caused mine to be abnormal for so long but I know a lot of random things can cause one to be abnormal once or twice. I know after my first abnormal one they didn't do anything except have me go back in 6 months to see if it was still abnormal. Basically it's like LoriA said, there are a number of reasons that it may have come back abnormal--some of which are quite benign.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:44 am      Reply with quote
well this is me back from the hospital.
I did have some cells they had to remove, very, very sore and have now what is like a very heavy period Sad
Will have to wait for pathology to make sure they have got it all.

AM feeling really strange from the anesthetic
Rolling Eyes

But, having said that the DR was fantastic, kind, understanding and very aware of my dignity Embarassed
But thanks everyone for everything

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:27 am      Reply with quote
It sounds like your Dr took care of you with every intention of healing, so that's a great indication of the outcome!
Relax your mind and let your body take care of you now... I'm sure you'll be fine in no time. Smile

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5,

just wanted to wish you speedy recovery and hope all is taken care of! Best of health from now on!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |