Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I live in Japan, did a TCA Peel & need advice on sunscre
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ValerieK

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I also recently moved to Japan, and I do not speak any Japanese. Like an idiot, I did a TCA peel about 2 weeks ago, even though I knew I would be leaving on vacation to a tropical island on June 25th. I am now freaking out because I really shouldn't have done the peel this close to my trip. My skin is still not completely healed.

I am hoping someone can tell me what I should buy in Japan to protect my newly peeled skin from sun damage. I am going to an island where it's both very hot and humid. The humidity will likely lead to makeup coming off quickly when outdoors.

I was also hoping to use a self tanner while I'm there that would also protect my skin. What is the best product in Japan to buy for my situation? I hate to be difficult but I need specific information so I can just look for that specific product because I don't speak any Japanese and will likely not encounter a clerk who will understand what I'm after if I can't be specific on a product. I know Shiseido is good but I don't know of a specific product that will fit what I'm after.

Hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance to anyone who can.

Sincerely,
Valerie
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
This topic has a number of Asian sunscreen recommendations:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=42381

They should carry those sunscreen brands, but you probably won't find them in drugstores. Have to go to specialty cosmetic stores. Although while I was in Hong Kong, I saw some Neutrogena branded physical sunscreens.
ValerieK

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the reply.

I did read that thread already. Unfortunately, Shiseido Japan is vary different from other countries. Ingredients also very by country, and I know I can't find Sheseido products sold in America, Europe or Hong Kong in Japan because they're not the same. I am having trouble because I can't speak Japanese and need specific info on Shiseido Japan's products. Hope that makes sense. I appreciate your reply though.

I'm mentioning Shiseido because it's probably easier to find than a non-Japanese brand. As far as I know, Neutrogena is not in Japan. I could be wrong. If it is here, it's not easy to find.
ValerieK

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
I actually recall a post at this forum from 2 or more years ago where members were discussing a Sheseido seller in Japan who they bought their post peel protection from directly because you could only buy it from within Japan. I can't seem to find the post now but I think the seller was on eBay and members bought from her there. If anyone recalls the post, can you let me know? I tried to search but I can't seem to find it.

Thank you
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi ValerieK!

Try this blog: http://ratzillacosme.com

The author understands ingredients/sunscreens basics and also understands Japanese. She would be better able to help you out on products in Japan. Hths! Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried putting on aloe vera to keep your skin calm, then good sunscreen.

The last blog posted is good. I wanted to try the one from Kao Biore water-something-essense SPF50
Sunrise
5% products discount

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
You can get (or used to be able to get) Bioderma Photoderm Max in Tomads pharmacies, and possibly elsewhere too. It's the regular face cream - not the one for post peels, so read up on it before deciding if it will suit you.

Circus, thanks, great link! That will keep me reading for awhile!
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Clinique just revealed a range of products that medically designed to be used in conjunction with peels.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:20 am      Reply with quote
When I was traveling around Asia and Southeast Asia, I bought a waterproof sunblock from the Shiseido line in Japan and it worked beautifully for my sensitive skin (I was on antibiotics) when I went to scuba dive in Thailand and Malaysia. If you are still looking for a sunscreen, I would recommend that. I bought it in a department store in Tokyo.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:12 am      Reply with quote
syndi222 wrote:
When I was traveling around Asia and Southeast Asia, I bought a waterproof sunblock from the Shiseido line in Japan and it worked beautifully for my sensitive skin (I was on antibiotics) when I went to scuba dive in Thailand and Malaysia. If you are still looking for a sunscreen, I would recommend that. I bought it in a department store in Tokyo.

What do you think about the Shiseido line? I'm interested in there Revital line?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
syndi222 wrote:

What do you think about the Shiseido line? I'm interested in there Revital line?

I haven't tried their Revital line, but I have tried their Bio-performance and their Pureness line. The Bio-performance is pretty good. I like how it's rich but not too rich and it's better for dry and more matured skin.
The Pureness line, in my humble opinion, is terrible. Made me break out and irritated my skin to beyond belief. Once I read their ingredients, I learned that they use mineral oil and some other things that are really not good for acne prone skin -- although the SA at the department store said that Pureness is perfect for acne skin.....
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |