Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum--best I've ever used
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I want to give my highest marks to a product I've been using since last Fall, Tata Harper's Rejuvenating Serum. This is a truly amazing and all-natural product that plumps up my skin, tightens my pores, and takes years off of my face. In fact, after a stint trying out all the Ageless Secret (AS, ASG, ASD) products and really wanting to like them, I realized just how difficult it is to compete with Tata's product.

In the Fall, I was at a fashion show backstage where Tata herself was giving mini-facials to the models. She generously offered to give me one, and I obliged. My skin was glowing and so incredibly gorgeous, and when she saw how excited I was, she gave me some full-size products to try. Of course I loved the whole range, but the star is the Rejuvenating SErum for me. I haven't tried the whole line, as it is quite expensive, but can vouch that the other products are all-natural and effective. I'm now on my second bottle, which I bought at the pricey price of $150, but one can use it sparingly every day and it will last 7-9 months.

The rejuvenating serum leaves my skin plumped up, matte, and seemingly lit from within. My skin tone evens out and my skin stays hydrated. It doesn't leave a film on the skin and mixes well with tinted moisturizers and hydrosols.

The smell is divine, too.

Here's the link:
http://tataharperskincare.com/

And here is the information for this product:

Quote:
This rejuvenating serum dramatically improves the appearance and tone of the skin. Menyanthes flower is a powerful skin tonic helping maintain healthy skin cells, while Narcissus bulb extract increases skin cell durability, which helps protect the skin against environmental damage. Contains Date extract, which helps to minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles associated with aging. Restore a natural glow with nutrient and vitamin rich, antioxidant Alfalfa extract. Exfoliating and skin soothing, Meadowsweet extract helps keep your skin looking dewy and youthful. The essential oils of Jasmine, Chamomile, Lavender and Immortelle blend together creating a rich floral fragrance and add their unique skin hydrating, nourishing and balancing qualities to this wonder serum.

Ingredients:
Quote:
Water (Aqua), Aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, Mangifera indica (Mango) butter, Rosa damascena flower water*, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (derived from coconut), Olea europea (Olive) oil*, Galactoarabinan (gum derived from Larch tree), Cetearyl alcohol (wax derived from grapeseed and wheat), Glycerin (from vegetable origin), Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate*, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) oleosomes, Oryza sativa (Rice) extract*, Cetearyl olivate (derived from olives), Centella asiatica (Gotu Kola) extract*, Leuconostoc ferment filtrate (radish root extract), Borago officinalis (Borage) flower*, Arnica montana (Arnica) flower*, Calendula officinalis (Calendula) flower*, Filipendula ulnaria (Meadowsweet) leaf & flower*, Tilia europaea (Linden) leaf & flower oil*, Medicago sativa (Alfalfa) flower*, Lavandula stoechas (Spanish Lavender) extract, Narcissus tazetta (Daffodil) bulb extract*, Pheonix dactylifera (Date) seed extract, Salix alba (Willow) bark extract*, Menyanthes trifoliata (Buckbean) Flower Extract, Rosehip Mosquetta Oil*, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice powder*, Sodium hyaluronate (naturally produced fermentation), Sclerotium gum (derived from root vegetables & corn), Cetearyl glucoside (wax derived from grapeseed and wheat), Sorbitan olivate (wax derived from olives), Soybean peroxidase, Superoxide dismutase (derived from horseradish root), Ethyl alcohol (from corn origin), Natural essential oil blend**
*Organic ingredients
**Fragrances from 100% all-natural clinical grade essential oils

100% of the Ingredients are 100% All-Natural

74.82% of the Ingredients are Certified Organic

29 Active Ingredients

Let me know what you think, anyone else who happens to use this (little known but really amazing!) line!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I use the body oil and the irritability oil and I love them! I've used the cleanser too and liked it. I have a small sample of the rejevenating serum but I haven't tried it yet. I'll have to give it a go!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the req! Never heard of this line, will have to look into it. Very Happy
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
i have looked into the ingredient lists of some tata harper skincare products. They are pretty good; however their price is not cheap at all !!

this brand is very new.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Queenie,

As someone who sometimes goes out on a limb and buys expensive products, if I just happened to see these products in a store, I would probably never buy them, because although the ingredients look excellent, I wouldn't think an all-natural type brand would be worth the $$$. It just seems excessive. However, it's the formulation that justifies the cost. The Rejuvenating Serum in particular is just a really effective product: it does what it says it does, with a noticeable effect.

I like the fact that I'm also supporting Tata Harper the individual, and her farm in Vermont, where she grows all of her ingredients. That said, I agree with you that the products are all a little too pricey. If they weren't so, I'd be re-purchasing probably all of the products I was initially given for free.

--avalange

queenielau718 wrote:
i have looked into the ingredient lists of some tata harper skincare products. They are pretty good; however their price is not cheap at all !!

this brand is very new.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:19 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure if this is just my pc but when I tried her website my anti virus blocked the application saying the site was liable for malware and other virus attacks and had blocked me and continues to do so!!
So really I guess its just a warning be careful or maybe its my over protective pc I dont know Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:58 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
I am not sure if this is just my pc but when I tried her website my anti virus blocked the application saying the site was liable for malware and other virus attacks and had blocked me and continues to do so!!
So really I guess its just a warning be careful or maybe its my over protective pc I dont know Rolling Eyes

I can get on the site with no issues. If you are interested in this, Sylvia, Spirit Beauty Lounge sells the line, as well.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I love the ingredients! I did review some of her blog and apparently most of them are not grown on her farm, although some are. The rest she sources from other places she has found in her travels.
I enjoy her strong commitment to skin-friendly, non-toxic products.
Very expensive but I'm sure being a (somewhat) cottage industry it must be that way. Also, I'd say she's trying to appeal to an elite, educated, sophisticated (rich Laughing ) consumer). $75.00 for cleanser is crazy but I'd love to try it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Those are definitely some excellent ingredients, but I wonder if it's possible to make a DIY. I wonder if the exact percentages are that important.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:35 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl
thank you.It must have been my pc ,I can get on the site you recommended and also through that found a site Space NK that sells in the uk Exclamation
I am now have a problem, I also found a site that ships ASG to the uk and cant afford both Rolling Eyes so which do I go for Question Help Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
rileygirl
thank you.It must have been my pc ,I can get on the site you recommended and also through that found a site Space NK that sells in the uk Exclamation
I am now have a problem, I also found a site that ships ASG to the uk and cant afford both Rolling Eyes so which do I go for Question Help Exclamation

LOL. Not touching that question with a 10 foot pole. I am not an ASG fan and will leave it at that. Let us know what you decide and how the product works for you, whichever one you choose! Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Those are definitely some excellent ingredients, but I wonder if it's possible to make a DIY. I wonder if the exact percentages are that important.

I'm going to guess the percentages are rather important. They must be listed in ascending order on a label so that gives a small (very small) clue.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Avalange, I have also been using the Tata Harper line and the serum has quickly become my all time favourite skin care product. The effect I am getting is plumped up skin which remains hydrated for hours, less sensitivity, less break outs, more even tone and more radiance. I love the scent and texture of it and have recommended it to all my friends. It is magical stuff.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't give up ASG or Diamond for any product, but then you all already knew that Laughing .
It sounds like this is working nicely for Avalange and what a lovely line of products. To bad it's so pricey. I'm a sucker for great ingredients like this and the smell of such products really draws me in. I'm sure it was luxurious to have the entire line to use.

Sylvia - ASG and the tata harper products are like comparing apples to oranges I'd say.

Maybe try one for a while and then as finances allow try another for a while. The best results with ASG or diamond do come after longer term use so based on Avalange's report the serum might be better short-term if you're only going after one product.

Best of luck with whatever you decide. ~Sis

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Perhaps it was wrong of me to entertain comparisons between TH's RS and ASG, but I was just using them back to back, and when I backed off of the TH, and only used ASG for 3 months, my skin wasn't nearly as glowing and plump.
ASG never worked for me, but I have a suspicion that my shipments to Chicago were examined by some powerful x-ray machine that enervated the product... I really wanted to like it!

I also like that the TH product is just easy to use. I think Spirit Beauty Lounge gives out samples for all who might want to try...

--avalange

p.s. to smoothskin--so glad you are having similar results from this truly excellent product~

avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
Hi Avalange, I have also been using the Tata Harper line and the serum has quickly become my all time favourite skin care product. The effect I am getting is plumped up skin which remains hydrated for hours, less sensitivity, less break outs, more even tone and more radiance. I love the scent and texture of it and have recommended it to all my friends. It is magical stuff.

Have you or anyone else used the Reparative Moisturizer? I wasn't actually given the whole line, in fact--just the apricot cleanser, the hydrosol, the mask, and the rejuvenating serum (not complaining, tho'!). I have a little sample of the Reparative Moisturizer, but it's so teeny, there's no way I'll be able to tell if it will do anything for my skin. She needs to make her samples bigger! I wonder if Spirit Lounge's samples are larger in fact.

--avalange

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
I wonder if Spirit Lounge's samples are larger in fact.

--avalange

Avalange, I order from Spirit Beauty and get their samples and unfortunately they too are tiny. Maybe 1 or 2 uses at max. But, they have a deluxe travel kit of (it sounds to be) all her products for $65.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Posts like this are exactly the reason I'm addicted to this site. I have never heard of this, and can promise I would have never stumbled upon this brand in a million years. Thank you for the recommendation, I've got some cash burning a hole in my pocket and I'm def not on board with the ASG concept. This seems like it fits my needs so much better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Avalange - Since you have used the line in most of it's entirety and now with just the serum can you answer this... In your opinion how important are the cleansers and the hyrdrosol in the overall outcome? Are you seeing the same results with just the serum?

TIA.
~Sis

avalange wrote:
Smoothskin wrote:

Have you or anyone else used the Reparative Moisturizer? I wasn't actually given the whole line, in fact--just the apricot cleanser, the hydrosol, the mask, and the rejuvenating serum (not complaining, tho'!). I have a little sample of the Reparative Moisturizer, but it's so teeny, there's no way I'll be able to tell if it will do anything for my skin. She needs to make her samples bigger! I wonder if Spirit Lounge's samples are larger in fact.

--avalange

Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I really like quite a few of the products but especially the Rejuvenating Serum and the Rebuilding Moisturizer.

Ava, I've found that some of the products included in the Deluxe Travel Kit that riley mentioned last quite a long time. Or maybe I was just chintzy with those! Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

Ava, I've found that some of the products included in the Deluxe Travel Kit that riley mentioned last quite a long time. Or maybe I was just chintzy with those! Laughing

Just in case I was not clear, I was talking about the free samples Beauty Spirit sends along with your order that you only get 1-2 uses out of.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi sis!
I would say that the other products are not essential, but they are top quality and lovely to use. I am sad that I cannot afford to buy the whole line, but I have other priorities, and I use other cleansers and hydrosols, too. Tata herself believes that the products all work synergistically with one another, but I've found that the Rejuvenating Serum is a stand-alone product that is extremely effective on its own. That's why I wrote this particular review--to share this product with all of you!

I still have about half of the cleanser and the hydrosol left, but I used up my bottle of RS and bought another one.
I'd be curious to know what you think of the product, if you still see results because you are getting somewhere with ASG.

I also think the samples from Spirit Beauty Lounge are not free. Sad to know they are so tiny!

I'm not sure if the sample included in my order with the RS was the standard samples size in the travel kit, but it was an extremely tiny little pot--maybe 3-4 uses maximum. About half the size of a normal small lip balm container.

Hope that helps!

--avalange

sister sweets wrote:
Avalange - Since you have used the line in most of it's entirety and now with just the serum can you answer this... In your opinion how important are the cleansers and the hyrdrosol in the overall outcome? Are you seeing the same results with just the serum?

TIA.
~Sis

avalange wrote:
Smoothskin wrote:

--avalange

avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
havana,

Can you tell us about the rebuilding moisturizer, and how it works with the serum?

I may be interested in buying one of the two moisturizers for a fall-winter cream. My skin gets dry when the humidity leaves.

Thanks!

--avalange

havana8 wrote:
I really like quite a few of the products but especially the Rejuvenating Serum and the Rebuilding Moisturizer.

Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:

--avalange

I also only have a sample of the moisturizer, but the Rebuilding one. I really like it and the absence of silicon in my current round up of products seems to agree very well with my skin.

I will consider a purchase of the moisturizer, but at the moment I am really loving Absolution's La Creme du Soir. I use it in the morning too and it is a great make up base.

My other full size Tata Harper products are the Nutritive Complex (very healing on marks and spots), the Resurfacing Mask (radiance in a jar), the eye cream and the Irritability Treatment (cannot live without).
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl
guess I can understand Laughing
Thank you all for your response I plumped for the Tata serum. It is sold in the uk here so should get here quicker, and yes Sis I do want a quicker result, so when it gets here I shall report back
Wink

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |