Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Finding Ingredients Lists
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, I just want to ask if anyone has an idea of how difficult it should be to find product ingredients. I wonder if my expectations are off.

Isn't it a law or something that at least the main ones should be available on the package? I googled and couldn't find anything. I went to the company website and couldn't find anything. And the contact page took me to what I guess is their corporate head which had a contact page with a whole heck of a lot of personal info starred with an asterisk as required before I could even use their form to submit my question. No e-mail, no phone number. Nothing.

It was a bargain bin/dollar store kind of product (from fairly well known company), so its not a big deal, but I'm curious because I like the product but am hesitant about putting it on my lips because of the cheap price.

I'm feeling a little frustrated but more surprised and I guess somewhat concerned.

Thoughts?

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
It depends where you live - some countries don't have this law. But if you're in North America, then you should definitely see the ingredients list and if not, I would highly advise against using it. It might have been illegally imported.

Do you have the name of the product you're referring to?
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
this is a great site that just started an ingredient list section

http://hope-inablog.com/

hopefully everyone shares their ingredient list so it gets easier for anyone to look up on any ingredient list.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, nice blog. I didn't find the product though. And I guess it wasn't obvious, but I didn't want to make this thread about this actual product, I was just curious about what the norm is in general. Sorry, I should have pointed out that I live in Vancouver.

Since there haven't been many responses, I'll say that it was a pot of watermelon lip gloss with a N.Y.C. (New York Color) sticker on it. It just says Lip Gloss, Fruit Flavoured, a little more writing in french, and a barcode. The print is REALLY tiny, but I think it says Del Labs, Barrie, Ontario, and Authorized User of the Trademarks, and Made in Canada. Its got a bit of color and I wear it over lip balm and it tastes really, really sweet and smells yum.

Just shocked I can't find the ingredients! Shock

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
Thanks, nice blog. I didn't find the product though. And I guess it wasn't obvious, but I didn't want to make this thread about this actual product, I was just curious about what the norm is in general. Sorry, I should have pointed out that I live in Vancouver.

Since there haven't been many responses, I'll say that it was a pot of watermelon lip gloss with a N.Y.C. (New York Color) sticker on it. It just says Lip Gloss, Fruit Flavoured, a little more writing in french, and a barcode. The print is REALLY tiny, but I think it says Del Labs, Barrie, Ontario, and Authorized User of the Trademarks, and Made in Canada. Its got a bit of color and I wear it over lip balm and it tastes really, really sweet and smells yum.

Shocked I can't find the ingredients! Shock

If it was made in Canada, perhaps check well.ca. They have a variety of Canadian products
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I don't understand, I'm looking for an ingredients list? The product wasn't on the site but I don't see anything on there to do with ingredients on any product. And I'm not particularly looking to buy more.

oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, not every single product has the ingredients list on there, but thought you'd try it at least since you couldn't find it anywhere else. Sorry I couldn't be of help Confused
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I'M sorry - I didn't realize that the site did contain ingredients lists and was confused.
Thank you for your replies. I've appreciated the steady stream of contributions you've made throughout the forum these last few months!

oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:23 am      Reply with quote
No problem! I really do love contributing in these types of forums - I just love learning about skin and its mysterious ways. Good luck with finding the ingredients! If it were up to me though, I wouldn't use anything unless the ingredients were clearly printed somewhere on the product/box
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Most products have the ingredient lists but even then it dosent come as much help because they could be combining certain ingredients together to get the end ingredient.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:56 am      Reply with quote
beautipedia will list some companies if they have reviewed it.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:34 am      Reply with quote
Some beauty bloggers take photos of the packaging including the ingredients list when reviewing a product. Some reviewers also post the ingredients list on Makeupalley. Sites like Cosdna has ingredients list of limited products.

To be safe, if the product is cheap and not well-known, I don't use it. After all, if they can sell a product for a dollar or two, it probably cost them like a couple of cents to manufacture it and how good can the ingredients going into it be? Especially something that goes on your lips and which you'd probably end up eating a bit of Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |