Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I just started using the new Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator and the Cooling Eye Illuminator.

It's been 2 weeks using and although I haven't noticed any changes with old scars or hyperpigmentation yet, my skin does stay clear and acne free but I suspect that's from the salycic acid. It has shimmer to it and I'm leaning towards using this as a makeup base than a treatment. It works well alone on days I don't wear makeup at all.

The eye illumanitor I really like because it allows me to skip concealer while rushing out the door, it does it's job that is. Smile I can easily use concealer on top of it, which is a plus. Too soon to tell if it'll help dark circles or not. I'll post back another update later on.

Anyone else trying this new line?
Deheune
5% products discount

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I am using the Skintone (face version) one only. The place I have seen a marked improvement is the outer corner of my eye - the crow's feet area. I've had bright red marks there for over 20 years. I overslept and went to work without concealer one day and the comments ranged from "are you okay?" to "do you feel safe at home?"! Not even an esthetician has helped with them.

I suspect the marks are self-inflicted. I was put into hard contact lenses in 3rd grade to slow down my vision deterioration. To remove them, you yanked on the outer corner of your eye. I often struggled to get them out and would spend 30 minutes or so tugging on my eyes.

Within about 10 days I saw a significant improvement with this product. The marks are still visible but are a dull pink rather than a red. The lotion appeared to make my oily skin even worse though, so I've decided to only apply it to my outer eye area for now. I may switch back to full face when the humidity drops.

Thanks for posting WhiteWolf - I had tried, but my post got rejected. I'm guess that as a new member I may only be able to comment and not create?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I love this stuff. Estee Lauder is quickly becoming one of my favorite brands that really delivers what they promise. Not a miracle, but definite improvement!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
What is this product? Is it like a tinted moisturizer?
Deheune
5% products discount

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
EL classifies it as a serum. It is a treatment that is used to even out skintone. There is a shimmery effect to it, but no tint or coverage. Their marketing claims it is the fastest acting product - 62% of users see improvement in their skin tone within 2 weeks.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:20 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
What is this product? Is it like a tinted moisturizer?

No, it is not a moisturizer. In fact, they tell you to use a moisturizer on top of this. You are really supposed to stop everything and use just this product morning and night for 3 months (unless you are using their ANR and then the Illuminist goes on top of that). It is an "illusion" at first. It makes your skin tone very even looking upon first application due to the shimmery part of the serum. It really is for people who have brown or red marks, or any pigmentation problems (though I think it would only work for "light" pigmentation issues).
clustersof3
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Glad to see good reviews on EL products - I've just started using the original Idealist - refines skin/pores. The SA said many people use it instead of a primer so I tried this yesterday and loved not only the nice smooth finish but my makeup stayed put all day - Bonus!

The eye illuminator cream sounds great. I will have to try this one.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I had an extra early school run this morning and I had no time to myself really, this duo was my savior. Smile Especially since I kept waking up every 20 mins thinking my alarm wouldn't go off, talk about serious dark circles. Smile

Rileygirl, I think it's been a year since you and I used the ES Advanced Night Repair Concentrate. I'm wondering if I should go on that next for my yearly fix. Or if the Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator can be combined with it. The ANRC did wonders and a whole year has flown by already.
havana8

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds like a great product. Futurederm also gave it a thumbs up:

Estée Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator Product Review
http://www.futurederm.com/2011/06/21/estee-lauder-idealist-even-skintone-illuminator-product-review/
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:

Rileygirl, I think it's been a year since you and I used the ES Advanced Night Repair Concentrate. I'm wondering if I should go on that next for my yearly fix. Or if the Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator can be combined with it. The ANRC did wonders and a whole year has flown by already.

WhiteWolf, I am not sure how you combine it with other products. I would shoot off an email to EL and see what they say. I have always had great customer service from them and they would be the ones to tell us how to combine it with other things!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
After reading the great reviews here and reading the Futurederm article I decided to buy this product. I've heard good things about it too. I have some light pigmentation and some redness, especially on my chin, from using Retin A Micro. I want to see if this product helps with those issues. I used it for the first time this morning and I am impressed. I put it on after my CE Ferulic. It really goes on nicely and I love that the sheen it gives you seems to last after you put other products on over it. Other products layer nicely over it and my skin looks and feels good. I'm looking forward to seeing if there are other benefits received from the product.

I'm still pondering the eye cream. I tested it at the store and it seems like it would act as a light concealer as well as an eye cream so I may buy it as well.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Jom, keep us posted if you get the eye cream/concealer. I did not buy that one, but am interested in it. I am glad to hear that is worked well over the CEF, as I want to add that back in after my trial with CP's.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:24 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Jom, keep us posted if you get the eye cream/concealer. I did not buy that one, but am interested in it. I am glad to hear that is worked well over the CEF, as I want to add that back in after my trial with CP's.

I did end up buying the eye cream on Saturday but I was not impressed. It does not seem to absorb into the skin and it left me with crepey looking lines under my eyes. It is not very hydrating, it just sort of sits on top of the skin. The sales associate was not happy with me for returning it last night, but I felt justified in the return. I have quite a collection of eye creams and didn't want to add to the collection. It doesn't really act as a concealer either. I still love the serum.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry it didn't work for you, Jom, but thanks so much for reporting back. Saved me some money! Very Happy
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I find since it's warmer out, the eye serums balls up sometimes. Sad So now I am only using it alone or not at all. It does occasionally settle into lines though but I'll still keep using it for days I'm rushing and have no time for concealer.
health2u
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to all for your honest feedback. I'm not a big EL fan, but the reviews made me want to try the face serum, because my skin tone is uneven, and I also do not like wearing foundation. So, I tested the product this morning, and purchased it this afternoon.

It really does even out the skin tone, and the illuminating aspect of the serum is (thankfully) very subtle - it just makes my skin look more refreshed and awake, which is an amazing thing, since I've never looked refreshed and awake in my entire life!

Since it is supposed to be a treatment, the EL counter manager told me to apply it 2x daily for two weeks, and I should start to notice an overall change in the tone of my skin. After two weeks I can use once daily and it should continue to improve skin tone.

Will post an update in two weeks. Hope this one's a keeper.
havana8

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thought some might find parts of this interesting:

Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator
http://www.beautypedia.com/search.aspx?prodid=18458&bid=110&wn=1
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link, very interesting. I actually stopped using the products and been trying Osmosis Enlighten since my spots are very stubborn. I'll still use the serum & eye products on no-makeup rush days though but as a long term solution, I need stronger.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I had also read the review on the beautypedia website and found it very interesting. Initially I was tempted to try the product because of the reviews on EDS. However, I decided that the illuminating effects were perhaps more cosmetic. So I decided to wait till until more reviews were posted. Either way I didn't think it sounded promising
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone tried the idealist cooling eye cream? I heard the applicator is very good.
there are only very few review from makeupalley.

thanks
dream4more
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone has an interest in trying before buying I just got an email saying that they are giving deluxe sized samples in the stores 07/21. To locate store closest you go here: http://www.esteelauder.com/locator/index.tmpl?cm_mmc=email-_-July-_-07_20_aday_to_reveal_instore_event-_-store
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I used the rest of the serum up but won't be repurchasing. I still have the Eye Cooling Serum left but now that it's summer and hot, I find it balls up on me a lot (definitely does not stay put). I'll save it or cooler weather.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:55 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I used the rest of the serum up but won't be repurchasing.

Did you not have any results with it, Whitewolf?
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Sadly, not really, it acted more like a great makeup base and with summer here, it's not staying so great on my skin.

How is it for you?

I still haven't purchased ANRC yet, trying to use up some other stuff first (samples, etc).
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the two week sample...and I can see my sun spots fading. I wonder what the results will be overall after 12 weeks of use? But I'll let you all know. I am amazed.. I never purchased Estee Lauder before. I've tried the eye cooling illuminator in the store. It feels wonderful and I have to believe it will work as well as the skintone illuminator did for me.

I plan on purchasing both.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |