Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cellulite
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:48 am      Reply with quote
valentine529 wrote:
There is no confusion here regarding my experience with Retin A. Confused

In my experience, any other RETINOIDS that I have tried DID NOT GIVE MY SKIN THE POSITIVE RESULTS that Retin A .05% did.

For this reason, I choose not to waste my time or money on other RETINOIDS which offer ME a substandard result in comparison with the Retin A .05%. THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!!!

Smile

There's no need to yell. I was simply pointing out that your statement was misleading due to an incorrect reference. This was expressed in the spirit of being helpful.

5% products discount

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:56 am      Reply with quote
There have been many wonderful suggestions as to the treatment of cellulite mentioned in this thread. I am sure that we all are aware that treating cellulite is very difficult and needs to be multi-modal.(For example, my anti-cellulite routine includes massage, dry brushing, dietary restrictions, exercise regime, etc.)

Noone has ever been able to prove that there is a "gold standard" in treating cellulite. Noone has ever been able to truly eradicate cellulite, only IMPROVE upon its appearance..
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried pills, drinks, gels, lotions, creams etc but nothing works ... lol. I've recently heard about cryolipolysis (fat removal through cold theraphy) and am very tempted to give it a try!
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
A few days ago I posted that my cellulite is gone, supposing from green smoothies and blood type diet - BUT at that time I had not thought of a third factor. I've worn MBT shoes nearly every day for several years - in summer, the Kisumi sandals in every color, and in cold months the walking shoes and hiking boots. I recall when they initially hit the market, conquering cellulite was touted as one of MBTs virtues, it seems that this claim may have been poo-pood but coincidentally or not I no longer have cellulite.

5% products discount

Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Scotslass,

I was not yelling at you...I am sorry if you took my posting the wrong way! Surprised

I was simply trying to get my point across. It seems to me that you can be just a little bit pushy with your opinion. I tried to tell you NICELY about my experiences with RETINOIDS.

My experience using Retin A .05% for the past 25 years allows me to consider your advice, but to continue using the Retin A over the .3% retinoic acid that you recommend. Please do not take any offense, but I am intelligent enough and educated enough to choose the topical cream that I apply to my skin!

Thank You!!! Very Happy
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:39 am      Reply with quote
valentine529 wrote:
Scotslass,

I was not yelling at you...I am sorry if you took my posting the wrong way! Surprised

I was simply trying to get my point across. It seems to me that you can be just a little bit pushy with your opinion. I tried to tell you NICELY about my experiences with RETINOIDS.

My experience using Retin A .05% for the past 25 years allows me to consider your advice, but to continue using the Retin A over the .3% retinoic acid that you recommend. Please do not take any offense, but I am intelligent enough and educated enough to choose the topical cream that I apply to my skin!

Thank You!!! Very Happy

Good grief, you have missed the point not once but TWICE with my posts! Laughing For the LAST time, I do not give a fiddle what product(s) you opt to use, or not use, regarding your cellulite issues.

WHAT YOU USE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I WAS TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO YOU (btw, I am not yelling at you I am merely capitalizing to make my point Very Happy ).

It is abundantly clear that you do not understand the difference between products that contain retinoic acid from those that do not. If you did understand that there is a difference, you would not keep mistakenly referring to products that contain Retinol (or another weaker derivative of Vitamin A) as retinoic acid. Mad

Example #1:
Quote:
I should have asked which percentage of Retin A/tretinoin would be the most comparable to the .3% retinoic acid???

You should have asked what percentage of Retin A/Tretinoin is most comparable to .3% Retinol, not retinoic acid.

Example #2:
Quote:
I have been using Retin A for half of my life, over 20 years, and I seem to tolerate it well. I have tried other products with retinoic acid, and the results were just not there for me.

The other products that you used contained Retinol or another weaker derivative of Vitamin A, not retinoic acid. Again, you are incorrectly referencing the wrong active ingredient.

If you go back and re-read my last 2 posts, you will clearly see that this is the point I was NICELY trying to make to you! I was not sharing an "opinion" or being pushy at all, so where you got that from is beyond me. Confused

5% products discount

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLas,

I know a lot more than I post on this forum, trust me, I just keep it simple and to the point because this is NOT A SCIENTIFIC JOURNAL or a review of literature.

For another thing, I have discussed this with one of MY colleages, a DERMATOLOGIST, and he is very skeptical about the study that you recommended due to several FLAWS in the design of the research study...

Basically, all that I was saying was that I AM GOING TO TRY THE .05% RETIN A because I have nothing to lose. I have a ton of it on hand, and I can purchase 20g of Retin A .05% for less than $5...
VanillaSky

Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I am newbie wave

I have ran across a few things mentioning that using a heating pad for extended periods of time eliminates cellulite. Has anyone had any experience with this? Thank you.
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Seriously if you have Hypoxi salons in your country please check them out!! I have lost all my cellulite (didn't have much) in 10 sessions. My skinny young daughter who had the dreaded saddle bags and dimple skin has smoothed it all out and feels 11/10. It really is wonderful and no I don't work for the company!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
No Hypoxy in the USA to the best of my knowledge. There really aren't many fat burning devices/machines here. Couple lasers here and there, no new technology. I'm in the Midwest and women here just don't seem to be interested in this kind of thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
Seriously if you have Hypoxi salons in your country please check them out!! I have lost all my cellulite (didn't have much) in 10 sessions. My skinny young daughter who had the dreaded saddle bags and dimple skin has smoothed it all out and feels 11/10. It really is wonderful and no I don't work for the company!

Can you explain the process they use?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have an odd question. I am wondering if anyone with bad cellulite also has an auto-immune disorder?? I've often wondered if mine (and my mother's) is related. It may account for the early destruction of my connective tissue. Just curious if there is a connection.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
I have an odd question. I am wondering if anyone with bad cellulite also has an auto-immune disorder?? I've often wondered if mine (and my mother's) is related. It may account for the early destruction of my connective tissue. Just curious if there is a connection.

No auto-immune issue....have always been very healthy. I build muscle easily and keep toned without a lot of effort. I do still wonder about the fact I don't sweat....several people I know with cellulite don't sweat. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:

My mother and I both have cellulite (even though we're thin and in good shape) and a couple of auto-immune disorders. It would be interesting if there's a connection. In any case, I would imagine that hormones (or maybe hormone imbalances) are a factor.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I think there is definitely something to the not sweating, I don't sweat either. Just contemplating the causes in hopes I don't waste any more money!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:19 am      Reply with quote
I just spoke to my salon owner. She said that a few states in the USA now have Hypoxi franchises.
Here is the link.

http://www.hypoxi.net/erfolgsgeschichten/HYPOXI(dash)Studio-Ballantyne,-USA.english

Basically its called altitude training. You pedal a bike at medium pace for 30 minutes and it uses negative pressure.(see the link!)
Its the easiest exercise I ever done and I have lost 3cm off my waist 3 off my hips and smoothed everything out Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:09 am      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
I just spoke to my salon owner. She said that a few states in the USA now have Hypoxi franchises.
Here is the link.

http://www.hypoxi.net/erfolgsgeschichten/HYPOXI(dash)Studio-Ballantyne,-USA.english

Basically its called altitude training. You pedal a bike at medium pace for 30 minutes and it uses negative pressure.(see the link!)
Its the easiest exercise I ever done and I have lost 3cm off my waist 3 off my hips and smoothed everything out Very Happy

Here it is in English
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REng9FoLuEs

another link with information

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCF87hcdPY4&feature=related

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:49 am      Reply with quote
If you exercise you will cause the muscle you create to push against the fat cells/cellulite on top of it which compresses them against the skin. So your cellulite looks diminished. That is my unscientific but perfectly logical opinion.

I remember seeing Christy Turlington in a bathing suit (she is a big proponent of yoga) and she had some cellulite on her thighs so I think it's strictly genetic. I know someone who drank a lot, ate fast food, had two pregnancies, wasn't fat, but she had no cellulite. For my money Endermologie sounds like the way to go if you can afford to make it a regular part of your routine.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased a electrolypolisys machine (G Form Micro, didn't want to get the pricier one in case this doesn't work for me). Should be here Monday so I'll let you know how it goes. It has three programs for lymphatic drainage, fat loss, and toning, The more expensive model has more programs.

I also reordered the fat burning topical that Notch makes. This actually did work somewhat, but it was such an utter pain to use I never reordered. Goopy, sticky, stains clothing- the only way I found I could use it was wrapping myself in Saran wrap and popping in an exercise video. I'm going to give it one more shot. I only saw results with two topicals (not great results, don't get excited Smile ) and at 20 bucks I can refresh my memory.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Tried Bikram yoga, its not for the faint of heart. 104 degrees, 90 minutes. I threw up in my mouth the first time I went and I've never sweat so much in my life, even if we combine all the times I've sweated. I've gone three times, and I don't think I'm imagining a bit of improvement in the cellulite area. I'll go a few more times and report back, but this is the first thing that has gotten me excited in a long time.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for starting this thread. I started one a few days ago out of desperation for an upcoming date in which I wanted to wear a skirt. Noting I was trying was working. But recently I think I made a small dent in the fight.

After countless hours of research and experimenting, here's what I think may be causing mine.

1. Hormones - especially estrogen (I know because I was applying topical herbs for breast enhancement and the cellulite did increase)

2. Slow lymph - traps toxins and other junk

3. Skin laxity - thin skin that lacks collagen/elastin or if you have gained and lost a lot of weight

4. Hypothyroidism - causes weight gain and water retention. (i found this out by accident when I switched to Himalaya salt which does not contain iodine)

5. Too much salt and sugar, carbs etc. - promotes fat and water retention

Some things I've been doing to combat:

1. Stopped taking the herbs. Fruits and veggies are good for breast, so I'm sticking with that for now, especially pineapple (and Chi massage)

3. For lymphatic drainage and detoxing - i dry brush before my showers, I also take MSM and vitamin C with Lysine (I started doing this combo for collagen building but recently learned MSM aids in detox so i upped my dose a few day ago - i think it's starting to kick in) And drink lots of water

3. For skin laxity, I have been applying diluted Apple Cider Vinegar to my thighs every so often. And two nights ago by accident I tried a a new thing, which is a skin cream that contains lecithin (which is supposed to help break down fat). The next day my cellulite for the first time looked a lot less noticeable.

4. For slow thyroid - i still use himalaya salt but recently started taking kelp - I think this made an impact - and I think I may even be losing some weight.

5. less salt sugar and carbs - i haven't eliminated these and I probably never will - but most of my sugars are from fruits and veggies and for carbs i try to only do whole grains. anything processed i try to avoid.

6. for exercise - i exercise on my elliptical everyday, i also do squats and lunches and other leg strength building exercises.

7. other things i'm trying -antioxidants - alpha lipoic acid, Q 10, a Raw foods multi-vitamin.

I don't think it's been one thing but all of these things that helped me to break through.

The biggest culprits for me I think was slow thyroid and extra hormones (boob herbs), and carb/sugars.

Other things I will start trying:

1. Coconut Oil - increase my good fats, read a lot about this on another website for weight loss in general but also for cellulite

2. Organic Liquid Lecithin - I will take it internally and mix in with my coconut oil for a topical treatment

3. Glucosamine - read about this on a few sites that it helps cellulite by building collagen, strengthening skin. this one sounds really promising.

I should also mention that I am not an overweight person, just average weight, about a size 7, but even at a 2 I had cellulite. So I agree with everyone on here that says cellulite is not just a fat problem, it's a skin and health problem.

I hope this helps.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Mariek, What cream with lecithin do you use? Thank you. Smile

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |