Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ARE EYES CREAMS REALLY NECESSARY!?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Shiseid0_0bsessi0n
5% products discount

Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
..is it ?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:42 am      Reply with quote
I disagree with you.
I found that using a regular moisturizer around the eye area makes my eyes sting, isn't moisturizing enough, certainly doesn't help the lines I have. Using a cream makes me eyes brighter, softer and firmer.
Mabsy

Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Shiseid0_0bsessi0n - could you please edit your post and add information about the original author of the text? The way it is now looks like you wrote it. It's not uncommon for people to get dragged to court over cuting&pasting someone else's words (in this case Paula Begoun's I take it) as this is a violation of a person's copyright. I'd hate to see it happen to someone on here so please update your post. TIA Angel

ETA - I agree with what Paula says but only to a very limited extent. There are some face creams that are very gentle and don't have any strong concentrations of active ingredients. If you don't have sensistive skin around the eye area then using them would be fine (at least I think so). I do use some face moisturisers around the eye area but also have some that I would never use around the eye area.
Shiseid0_0bsessi0n
5% products discount

Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:09 am      Reply with quote
oopss.. how do i do that mabsy .. maybei should delete it or ill be in trouble

Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:16 am      Reply with quote
No need to delete - just mention where the text comes from and then it's all nice and legal Smile
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I think it depends on your skin - you need to "know" your skin (if you know what I mean)....I've actually had beautful results with Strivectin SD around the eye area (even the lid!!!) so I think it really just depends....there are some fab eye treatments out there -- you just need to know what you want and the kind of results you want to achieve. Smile
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I gave them up a long time ago.

As far as I'm concerned they're overpriced and there's very little difference. If it's a good moisturiser you can use it on your eyes too.

The only real difference, I read somewhere ages ago, is that they are manufacturered to be more sterile than general facial moisturisers.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Personally, I don't think I could live without my Nivea CoQ10 Eye cream. I've tried the face cream but it doesn't have the same consistency. I really do need a topper over my Relaaxaline and this stuff is great. Also has a bit of sunscreen in it - spf 4.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I believe that eye creams are definitely necessary! The skin around (above & under) the eye does not produce sebum (the skin's natural lubrication/mositurizer). So you must moisturize that area yourself.
Lianne likes to use a regular facial mositurizer on her eyes, which is OK as long as it isn't irritating to your eye.
Eye creams are formulated to be non-irritating even if they get into your eye - they should not sting or burn. Also the eye is the first area to show signs of aging because of all the abuse that skin takes. So creams that are high in antioxidants & ingredients to improve elasticity & collagen production are great for the eye area.
Just my $.02!
I always say if I was stuck on an island with only one product, it would be an good eye cream! (with SPF of course!)
Wink
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I usually have to use something formulated just for the eye area because of two things; puffiness and contact lens. Just recently I found an exception in Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Moisture Gel. I have often thought I'd probably be able to use Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel, but haven't tried it yet.

-Cheri
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:24 am      Reply with quote
There's not many eye cream I haven't tried, well, there is, but if feels like Ive tried them all and Im still striving to find the one that will make me look 18 again. OK, I know its probably a surgeon I need, but a girl has to try!!! Razz
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |