Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermarolling and Vitamin A - Someone please reply?!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
herama
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I've read many of the bazillion posts on dermarolling. Getting a reply is not easy and I have yet to find the answers I seek.

So I get many people apply Vit. A after rolling. But where does one get it? Is it a cream or a serum or what? I saw the stuff Owndoc.com sells. I am not putting anything containing petroleum jelly on my face- it would cause me acne and blackheads by the next day. I also have read the many posts saying NOT to use acids, including retin A, post roll. I use retin A almost nightly. But yeah, that would hurt on open wounds! And Retin A isn't really the same thing as Vitamin A.
So please, somebody tell me what everyone means when they say they apply Vit. A post roll!
In what form and where do I get it? And if acids aren't supposed to be used, how come so many people apply vit. C post roll??
I just ordered my first roller off Ebay, a cheap-o one that someone on here recommended, and I know I'll want to use it as soon as it arrives.
And yeah, Ebay cheap-o roller may not be the best, but I nobody replied to my post re: their experiences with such rollers, so figured I may as well find out for myself.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:27 am      Reply with quote
I believe they are referring to retinyl palmitate when they say Vit. A. You can find it on DIY stores like lotioncrafters or skinactives.

You're right about not applying acids after dermarolling as it can be quite stressful on the skin. Just imagine how many layers you're taking off. Ascorbic acid, while still an acid, does not work the same way as Retin-A and chemical exfoliants. In fact, Retin-A isn't even technically an exfoliant, but many people think it is so people believe it to be so. Back on topic, AA promotes collagen production more than it does to help shed skin so that's why people use it - to replace the collagen that you've removed by dermarolling.

Also, which one on eBay did your purchase, just wondering.

HTH
herama
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for replying!

I bought the Micro Needle Roller Derma CIT 1.50MM. Model BH-004 from seller advanced_cosmetology aka Beauty and Health Equipment outlet.
I realize it may not be the greatest, but right now I'm mostly curious. It advertises as surgical steel and has the crosshatch needles, so figured why not. We shall see if it makes my skin "pop!"

So if I buy the Retinyl palmitate from GOW, need I mix it with something? If so, what?
I'm somewhat hesitant to use Vit. A as I've read that there is now some evidence that it can actually harm the skin. (See the Environmental Working Group website, EWG.org.).
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:37 am      Reply with quote
herama wrote:

So if I buy the Retinyl palmitate from GOW, need I mix it with something? If so, what?
I'm somewhat hesitant to use Vit. A as I've read that there is now some evidence that it can actually harm the skin. (See the Environmental Working Group website, EWG.org.).

Please take the information from EWG with a grain of salt. Many, including myself, feel they are an alarmist group. The reporting they did on Vit A was not complete, they only reported what they wanted to report. What they didn't report in their information was that in the Vit A study the rats using Vit A DID NOT use SS also. Of course Vit A makes you more sensitive to the sun (I think we are all aware of that) but if you use a proper SS I personally wouldn't worry about it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |