Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Deep frown lines
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sono
5% products discount

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I am 23 years old and I have two deep lines on my forehead (frown lines) that developed last year. A plastic surgeon I went to see said I should get Botox and I really don't want to start on it because I feel I am still too young to get Botox and I don't want to repeat the process every 2 to 3 months. I am really depressed about these lines I have. I think it makes me look a lot older than I am. Has anyone had treatment for frown lines that worked? I would really appreciate any suggestions anyone can offer. Thank you
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Sono wrote:
I am 23 years old and I have two deep lines on my forehead (frown lines) that developed last year. A plastic surgeon I went to see said I should get Botox and I really don't want to start on it because I feel I am still too young to get Botox and I don't want to repeat the process every 2 to 3 months. I am really depressed about these lines I have. I think it makes me look a lot older than I am. Has anyone had treatment for frown lines that worked? I would really appreciate any suggestions anyone can offer. Thank you

I am much older but had frown lines in 20's too. First defense would be using frownies....second would be Safetox device....there are several threads on both of these here.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29913&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=safetox&start=0
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28623&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=frownies&start=0

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Some people just have strong muscles in their forehead and so are highly mobile in that part of their face and get more lines. Botox would help but you could try retin a, using sun block and a fringe / bangs.

I wouldn't worry about looking a lot older than you are, I really bet you don't. How old you look is about much more than wrinkles. You can see many older woman ho have no lines at all and while they look attractive and well preserved they don't necessarily look young.

You may have a few lines but your skin will still have the thickness and clarity of youth.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I 2nd the bangs suggestion. My lines are just starting and thats what I did.
cashmerelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have an asymmetric frown line that I got Botox for at 25. I loved the result, and kept on getting it whenever I could afford it. I am now 32 and the line is much less deep, and only comes on after one year off botox, because I lost the habit of frowning. It is not like you have to get it all the time, or even for the rest of your life. The trouble is that if you don't get it, you will eventually get a groove that will need a filler as well, probably in your late 30's or 40's
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
One way or another, we will have frown lines eventually. But you are too young!
I think, try not to think about it. Put more moisturizer (or even vitamin C creame available at EDS should help improve on it) on these areas you are worried about. You can get a peel to soften it too but be aware that you must use a sunscreen all the time.... I won't suggest botox at your age though. Try not to use a lot of facial expression....

Sono wrote:
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Use some vitamin C creme on your forehead.
Get a peel. Drink more water. Avoid facial expression that requires that you use the muscles on your forehead... Be happy Smile I would not suggest botox because you are much too young! Smile

Sono wrote:
Sono
5% products discount

Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:03 am      Reply with quote
About avoiding facial expressions I just realized that I get into that expression when I sneeze or yawn. I don't know how to avoid that. I can't help it and unfortunately I sneeze and yawn alot.

jade-1234 wrote:
Use some vitamin C creme on your forehead.
Get a peel. Drink more water. Avoid facial expression that requires that you use the muscles on your forehead... Be happy Smile I would not suggest botox because you are much too young! Smile

Sono wrote:
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:15 am      Reply with quote
cashmerelover wrote:
I have an asymmetric frown line that I got Botox for at 25. I loved the result, and kept on getting it whenever I could afford it. I am now 32 and the line is much less deep, and only comes on after one year off botox, because I lost the habit of frowning. It is not like you have to get it all the time, or even for the rest of your life. The trouble is that if you don't get it, you will eventually get a groove that will need a filler as well, probably in your late 30's or 40's

I agree with Cashmerelover. Botox will keep you from making the expressions that are causing the lines. Dysport is somewhat cheaper than Botox and just as effective. In my experience, Dysport still allows movement; your muscles and expressions are not "frozen" like they can be with Botox.

Topicals are usually temporary while the results of Botox/Dysport are much longer lasting! Smile

5% products discount

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:43 am      Reply with quote
I also have very deep wrinkles on my forehead (although I'm 20 years older than you). I did get a bit of botox (or an alternative) a few years ago, more for the horizontal lines between my eyebrows (yes, horizontal, not vertical) and to lift my eyelids a little. The practioner told me that I'd need a lot, frequently for for my forehead lines ........ in the end I went with bangs. I wasn't prepared to spend that amount of money, constantly.

Of course, I also find it a hassle to have to think to make hairdresser appointments ahead of time and then remember to go to them, which is why that doesn't happen too often and I just trim my bangs in between times.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm twenty five and only just got botox for a cosmetic eyelift. Your to young for botox save it for your thirties and stick with alternatives like wrinkle relaxing creams, safetox, etc.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:32 am      Reply with quote
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I would like to recommend face exercises. I don't have frown lines and I'm in my 40's. Even when I raise my eyebrows, my lines are very shallow and I attribute that to having toned the muscles underneath the skin so that they are firm. I can still make expressions, which is something you would lose with Botox, and my muscles won't atrophy, which is another thing that would happen with Botox.

Unfortunately, since I'm so new I cannot post photos to show you what I mean about being able to raise my eyebrows and still have minimally visible lines. But if anyone doesn't mind helping me out, I'll be happy to send you the photos so you can post on my behalf.

While Eva Fraser's is the program I have done the longest in my life and to which I attribute my discovery of face exercises, over the years, her forehead exercises isn't demonstrated anywhere so I could point you to it. However, I did find other programs that echoed some of her exercise but also had different exercises I thought were great. For example, Judith Olivia has a forehead exercise that you can see on Collage Video website where she places her fingers firmly on her forehead to hold it in place then tries to raise her eyebrows. She doesn't seem to try to stop her eyebrows from moving up; she just doesn't let her forehead wrinkle but seems to let it move up with her eyebrows. I think that's a great exercise.

Another exercise that I think is awesome which I learned and just used to do as I went about my day but didn't realize I only did half the exercise is the scalp exercise on Tom Hagerty's website, shapeyourface dot com. It's not a very easy one to master if it doesn't come naturally to you. For years I did it without realizing there were two parts to it. So I never did the "raise eyebrows" part of it. I just repeated the moving ears back by flexing the occipital muscles part of it. I suspect that too has has had an effect on my forehead.

While I do Carolyn's program now and my forehead does look fine, I mention the previous programs because by the time I found Carolyn's program my forehead was already smooth so what I do now is maintenance with her program, as far as my forehead is concerned, that is.

Sneezing and yawning expressions cannot be avoided because they seem to just take over your body when they happen Laughing (I can't help that my sneezes frighten animals and little children and sound least un-lady-like LOL). But what you can try to be attentive to is whether you frown unnecessarily at other times. Or if in bright light, when you squint, do you frown too? Since the idea in bright light is to prevent too much light getting in your eyes, you could achieve that by making your eyes smaller and not using your whole face. Sunglasses could help if going out in the sun. (BTW, in a lot of face exercises, there is a lower lid exercise where you raise your lower lid up toward the top one--kinda the way chicken close their eyes--and when I was in my twenties, it occurred to me that squinting like that was a clever way of doing that exercises when in bright light. Smile So maybe you could take a leaf from that book and make all your squint an eye workout.Wink

Bottom line: deep lines are caused by the same actions being repeated all the time with no local counter-actions being done. I believe the reason face exercises fix such problems is they engage other muscles around those overused ones that are hardly used but that are connected to the "regular" ones and create an opposite or different pull that smooths opens up the creases and smooths things out. Tone means improved elasticity too, so that once you finish an expression, your face snaps back to place. Another benefit of face exercises; they stop expressions from staying frozen in your face w/o robbing you of the ability to be able to express your emotions through facial gestures.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |