Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

question about Dermalogica
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bc
5% products discount

Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hello. I need some help using my Dermalogica products. I read a Dermalogica pamphlet on acne, and bought 3 products: Daily Microfoliant, Multi-Active Toner, and Anti-Bac Skin Wash. It says to start with the Skin Wash, follow with the Toner, then it says exfoliate twice a week, and use the Microfoliant daily. Is the Anti Bac and Toner the exfoliate part?? Or should I be doing that daily too? And the Daily Microfoliant bottle says to use the Skin Wash and follow with Microfoliant.. but my pamphlet says to follow with the Toner. Is it okay to use the Microfoliant after the Toner?? Or will it wash away the toner? Should I wait until later in the day to use the microfoliant? And if I do.. should I use the wash again before applying it? Sorry about all the questions, just a bit confused. Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use these products but I'm pretty sure it is: wash, then microfoliant (it is a cleanser of sorts), and then toner.

I'm a bit confused about the exfoliate part...the microfoliant is an exfolitant. Many people use it daily, not sure if they also use another product 2x per week or not.

Mabsy will be better at answering this question.
kiwigal

Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi bc
I have been using Dermalogica for years. I use another cleanser (instead of the Anti-Bac) however it is still the same process.
You use the Anti-Bac cleanser first and then use the Daily Microfoliant (fantastic product). Wash that off and then use your toner - followed by a moisturiser. The Microfoliant is the exfoliant however it is the only Dermalogica exfoliant that can be used every day. Use the Daily Microfoliant once a day (no more).
I use the cleanser twice a day and choose to use the microfoliant in the evening however that is personal preference).
Toner (your Multi-Active) is used last - after cleansing (and exfoliating if you choose to)but before any boosters or moisurisers.

Hope this helps and has not confused you more!!
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm a Dermalogica addict too. Kiwigirl is 100% right!
I guess the literature is made more confusing by the fact that Dermalogica has so many forms of exfoliation product! There is your Daily Microfoliant ( that you have) and there are at least 2 others in their range that fit the bill for the suggested twice weekly exfoliation job..... the Gentle Cream Exfoliant( a more of a chemical form of exfoliant... I love this one to bits!!) and Skin Prep Scrub which is a manual exfoliator, a grainy scrub.
So to add to your confusion.... once you get familiar with the routine ( did you get a moisturiser? Oil Control lotion or Active Moist perhaps?) of cleanse ( AntiBac wash), Daily Microfoliant (daily or whenever you feel like) , Multi Active Toner ...and moisturise..... you might want to add more skin sloughing a couple of times a week with either of those 2 products as well.

Good luck... they are lovely products.. I have used sooooooooo many different brands but still tend to go back to these as staples.
bc
5% products discount

Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot everyone! I got it now. I will be picking up the Active Moist tomorrow, and was thinking of getting the Medicated Clearing Gel too. This is all getting pretty expensive Shock I hope it works good. I hear it should last a while too. Well, thanks again for all the help! Smile
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Oh they certainly do last... for ages, I agree though that they are not cheap by any means. It does add up with several products at once...it's hard though to not want them all at once to give them the best chance of working together! It isn't absolutely imperative but at least you know that none of the ingredients will clash.
The Medicated Clearing Gel is good too ( oh dear... I dont think there are many things in this range that I havent got!)... it too lasts a long time, isn't too harshly drying but does help.
Active Moist is the most versatile choice, got enough "ooomph" for a night treatment but will not make you greasy in the daytime.
Looking forward to hearing how it all goes for you!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:19 am      Reply with quote
bc,

please be careful trying so many new products at once. We've had a lot of people in the past week or so having reactions from trying too much at once. I've done this to myself before too and it's not pretty
bc
5% products discount

Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Yes it is hard to not want everything hehe. Thanks lianne for the warning. Maybe I'll hold off on the Clearing Gel and make sure I don't get any reactions using everything else first. I don't think my skin is very delicate, I've tried many acne products and never have any problems. Just got off the Pro-Activ system, used it for a couple months but it did nothing for me. Well, I will post back in a while and let everyone know how it's going! Thanks
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
no problem bc...just don't want 1 product to not work out and then have to go through introducing them all over just to find out which one. It's a pain and takes a while to do.
Mabsy

Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting. The pamphlet says to exfoliate on top of using the Microfoliant? The process should be: cleanse, Microfoliant, toner - as others have already mentioned. But the Microfoliant is a gentle exfoliant and you probably won't need to exfoliate with anything else while you're using this.
bc
5% products discount

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:43 am      Reply with quote
the website (www.dermalogica.com ) shows the same thing I read on the pamphlet. In the "your skin" section, there is a drop down menu with something about acne breakouts. The "what can I do at home.." part is what I read. Looks like it does say to exfoliate AND use microfoliant. hmm
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:46 am      Reply with quote
try just the microfiliant and if you need more than add something in 1x per week. I doubt you'll need to though.
bc
5% products discount

Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:39 am      Reply with quote
I've been using everything for about 3-4 days now, no bad reactions.. looks like it's starting to work, I'm clearing up a little bit. Would it be safe to add the Medicated Clearing Gel I wanted to get? Or should I wait longer?
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I would personally. Only dab a little on problem spots, try just at night, not all over and you should be fine! ( provided you are not allergic to Benzoyl peroxide)
Glad to hear you are doing well so far... it's lovely stuff isn't it?
Good luck!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
go for it! In the couple days it takes to get to you, you should know for sure!
bc
5% products discount

Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Well, it's working a bit, not seeing any miracles though. But it's only been 5 days.. I should give it more time. Anyway, I got the medicated clearing gel. The directions say to use at night before bed, and to cleanse the skin before applying. I have been cleansing then using the Active Moist. Should I skip the Active Moist and just apply this? Or is it okay to use the moisturizer, let it dry, then apply the clearing gel?
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
If you use moisturizer at night I'd put it on, let it soak in and then us the zit cream. Be careful with it as BP will bleach your pillowcases and face cloths! If you have white ones, use em, if not go buy some
bc
5% products discount

Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Just another question.. how long should I give this stuff before I decide it's worth it or not? lol. It's day 10, and I do think it's helping.. but it's hard to say. I broke out with a couple bad pimples after the first few days.. and they are not healing as quick as I was hoping. Other than these couple bad ones I have.. it seems my skin is starting to clear up a bit, now I'm just noticing all of the scarring I have! Will this stuff help with that too? I'm just wondering if it takes some time before seeing some real results. From some of the reviews I've read, people talk like it works instantly.
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Keep going... there is very little in life that works instantly! BP is a topical disinfectant and is in many acne products ( like Proactiv, Oxy etc) but it is a little bit gradual too.
Things we put on our skin do really help and you can pretty well eliminate acne caused by clogging and dirt etc topically ( and dry up and stop the spread of infection on pimples already there, even prevent to a certain extent) but if your pimples pop up as a result of hormones, internal causes, you can only think of topical medicine ( such as the Medicated Clearing Gel) as a way to make them go away faster and to not spread.
Don't stop using the Active Moist on other areas of your face as well. You can avoid the big areas of breakout whilst they are active ( it wont make it worse though) but don't deny the rest of your face/neck some moisture. The gel can definitely be applied under your Active Moist too. If you've got an area that is more prone to breaking out... smear the gel on there daily underneath, even when it is clear to medicate the area of skin prone as it is coming to the surface. New cells do take time ( and more as you get older) to come to the surface so you need to be a little bit patient. Keep it up, you are doing the right thing for your face!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |