Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Must take a look at this!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently dogs also need organic products Laughing

http://store.johnmasters.com/amorlavdog.html
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I use all natural herbal shampoo for my dog. I guess I'm a little crazy, lol. Well...a lot, actually!!
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have a white persian cat and I usually wash her with regular cat shampoo, but honestly it never ever crossed my mind to wash her with organic products. Now I need to think hmm
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Your cat lets you put her in water??? Wow, mine got covered in these icky little bugs one day because of an infestation and I *had* to wash her. I almost lost a big chunk of hand-flesh. Not a pretty experience!!!!
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
She lets me do it but not very often Rolling Eyes
I guess my cat prefers me to wash her instead of leaving home and going for grooming. When she comes back home after professional groomin she does not talk to us for the rest of the day Very Happy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I used to just use Johnsons baby shampoo on my friends dog. I miss him so much..we'd go to the beach, go swimming in the river...rollerblade. Crying or Very sad
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:38 am      Reply with quote
kpka, ur cat is so lovely Very Happy

I have a chinchilla , no need any organic shampoo, coz he takes dust baths !
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Kpka, I also have a white cat! He's a norwegian forest cat Very Happy I also use regular cat shampo, but maybe I shoul use something organic? Maybe it would be less irritating? I don't need to wash him often, but he loves being outdoors and rolling in mud... I seriously think my cat believs he's a dog! He loves to fetch things! Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:09 am      Reply with quote
OMG!! I used to have this 30-pound Norweigan Forest cat (similar to the Maine Coon bred – I called her my “wooly warthog”!) that I had to shampoo often because she’d get fleas really bad in the summertime and we’d use one of those insecticide shampoos for cats. I ended up nearly poisoning my cat to death with it. See, Caprice had this curious habit that we called “the licking mechanism.” If you scratched her on her back in this one certain place, she’d start licking whatever happened to be handy (her own fur, your hand, your face,...)

So one day I was bathing her and I was really scrubbing hard to get the shampoo to penetrate clear down to her skin (some Norweigan Forest cats have really long, thick/dense fur) and I accidentally rubbed the ‘magic spot’ and she started licking herself and got a big mouthful of suds. I didn’t think anything about it at the time, just finished her bath and rinsed her off and toweled her dry. (Caprice and her brother/littermate got used to frequent bathing when they were babies because they had severe ringworm which meant I had to shampoo them twice daily for six weeks in order to kill the fungus.)

But the next morning I woke up and she was laying next to me in bed and she was drooling severely, her nose was hot and dry, and her chest was all matted up with dried-drool. So I bundled her up and took her straight the vet and I was nearly hysterical by the time I got her there because I was just completely convinced that I’d accidentally poisoned my “baby girl” to death. Fortunately the vet was able to pump her stomach and give her activated charcoal to help absorb the toxins in her liver and she was okay after that, but since that day I haven’t used anything more harsh than Johnson’s Baby Shampoo if I need to give one of my animals a bath.

BTW, the following year the flea infestation was so bad that I had to take both Caprice and her brother down to the vet to be completely shaved (only fur left on their heads, legs and tail) in order to fight the war against fleas. When I brought them home, they were so insulted they wouldn’t speak to me for a couple of days after that because they KNEW everybody was laughing at them because they looked so ridiculous without their “pelts.”

Carrie

P.S. Caprice loved to fetch, too – especially rubberbands or hair elastics. God I miss her. I had to put her down two years ago but thankfully I still have her brother.
MsJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:50 am      Reply with quote
OMG carekate! If I did that to my cat, I will be punished by his Royal Highness (he is a traditional balinese), I swear if I did something wrong, he lets me know of it. He glares at me almost to a point where his blue eyes are popping out.
I am too scared of my cat, he will literally run after my leg and bite it if and when I say something not to his liking.. Very Happy
I wouldn't have it any other way. I love him to death!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I have to admit that cats scare me a bit. My best friend has the cute cuddly cat the turns and scratches/bites you to death. My uncles cats (2) used to gang up on me, I remember on biting my leg and the other jumping out of a tree at me.

I guess cats only like their masters maybe?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
Lianne, I think that might be the problem! See, cats don’t have masters. The cat IS the master of the house. You are merely its servant/vassel!!! Laughing
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
caretake, my cat does that scratching/licking thing too!!! Confused hmm
It's so cute though Very Happy
kei
5% products discount

Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Bwahahahahaha!! I just imagined what my cat would do if I shaved him, he's so dour-looking as it is. He doesn't do the scratching thing though, although he acts like a tough kitty unless he's alone with me.

My doggie on the other hand does this leg thumping thing when I scratch a certain spot, like a rabbit. It's sooo adorable.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just not a cat person. Give me any kind of dog, except those stupid multipoos, or as I call them soccer ball dogs. Note: I would never kick a dog, but these dogs do tempt me
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
lianne wrote:
Lianne, I think that might be the problem! See, cats don’t have masters. The cat IS the master of the house. You are merely its servant/vassel!!! Laughing

Don't forget cats used to be worshipped as gods/goddesses in ancient Egypt.....and they have never ever let us forget that fact! Laughing
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm really glad there is so many cat lovers on this forum Very Happy Cats are the best pets!!

Carekate, youre cat sounds lovely. You must really miss her! I don't know what to do if I had to put down my cat... Sad

But I'm considering buing a Maine Coon as a friend for my cat!
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Carekate!
I had a similar situation. Persian cats have long hair and are prone to formation of hairballs which are very difficult to deal with. Once in 6 month we trim our cat. We used to have it done professionally but it was to stressfull for her. Tell you the truth it is not easy to do because she does not allow anything to touch her stomach and legs.
My brother suggested to give her NightQuil Rolling Eyes which has some sedative in it that helps you to fall a sleep at night when you are seek. So after 4 hours of torchuring poor kitty we desided to give her NightQuil. We basically tried to squize one drop inside her mouth. She did not swallow a thing but all of a sudden started drooling profusely. She threw up twice and after that stoped drooling. After this I am not trying anything on her again. I am sorry I did in the beginning.

Aurora! Right now I am seriously thinking about getting something more natural to wash my cat. If you think that she constantly licks herself, so all that stuff that I wash her with ends up in her mouth.

Chimera! What kind of herbal shampoo to you use for your pet?
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:13 am      Reply with quote
kpka,

You should never use human products on an animal without checking with your vet. I'm sure next time he can give you a mild sedative in a pill (fold it in some processed cheese to feed her)
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Lianne, I know it was a stupid idea. I feel so sorry that I listened to my brother and subjected my poor pet to this Sad
There is also another horrible story that happened with my cat. My mom used to take slipping pills for some period of time and one day she accidentally droped one. My cat probably found it and liked the taste of it. You don't want to know what happened!!! My cat started moving slower and her back legs were not moving. Basically she was dragging her whole body with her front legs and every time she tried to move her back legs they just slided apart as if she was iceskating. At that time me and my mom did not even think about slipping pills. We just grabed her and took to vet. When we got to vet she was totally fine. I guess the effect of the pill did not last that long for her. Now if I drop some pills I try to find it right away before my cat.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Glad to hear that story turned out well too! I have chinchillas and I let them run around my bathroom. I always sweep the floor first b/c on day I caught on of the little buggers chewing on a tiny string of dental floss!! It was enough to scare the crap out of me
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:58 am      Reply with quote
This site has some good all-natural pet shampoos:

http://store.vetsbest.com/shopshampoos.html

They also have a TERRIFIC hairball remedy called 'cat lube' (hee hee) that literally saved my cat's life!

http://store.vetsbest.com/shopcats.html
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Chimera, thanks a lot for the website. It is amaizing, they have peaches and cream shampoo for pets Laughing
Look at me, I started this thread laughing that pets need organic products and now I am buying herbal shampoo for my cat Rolling Eyes This forum is dangerous.

Lianne, I was reading your story and another funny story came up to my mind. My cat really loves everything that makes crunchy sound like foil and ballon string. I had a birthday and my aunt brought ballons for me. In a day or so ballons started to deflate and my cat finally reached for the balloon string. She chews it and that sound makes her happy. In the evening when I came home I see my cat walking and from behind there is a green ballon string. She ate it!!! It did not digest and came out. I pulled out the string which was not very comforatble for her because it was rather long. Now I say no ballons on my birthday Shame on you
kei
5% products discount

Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Eww... I've had to fish around in my cat's mouth for what ends up being an impossibly long length of string. Blech.
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kei, the mouth is fine but when it is coming the other end... Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |